This gives me hope for the younger generation

This is a discussion on This gives me hope for the younger generation within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; samples from "tokenlibertariangirl": Responding to Piers Morgan: "Why Does Anyone Need an Assault Rifle?" - YouTube More Guns in Aurora Movie Theater Could Have Saved ...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By rrubydoo1
  • 3 Post By Cold Shot
  • 2 Post By buckeye .45

Thread: This gives me hope for the younger generation

This gives me hope for the younger generation

2. Remove Ads

Like your post. I feel that a lot of future generation is gone and we or some of us are responsible. It is up to us,the old geezers to change that. Morals,dedication,respect,responsability for own actions are not being instilled in our young people.
    goldshellback likes this.

Re: This gives me hope for the younger generation

Quote Originally Posted by rrubydoo1 View Post
    Like your post. I feel that a lot of future generation is gone and we or some of us are responsible. It is up to us,the old geezers to change that. Morals,dedication,respect,responsability for own actions are not being instilled in our young people.
    At least one of the recent polls showed gun control strongest among older folks.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by rrubydoo1 View Post
    Who are the people running the country right now? How can anybody possibly complain about the younger generation when 45-70 yo people have absolutely obliterated this country's financial future?

Gee, I woulda thought that us fighting two wars over the course of more than the last decade with an entirely volunteer force (the majority of whom volunteered during the wars) would have inspired some hope.
    NCSoxFan and goldshellback like this.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Great videos. I wonder what happened to the one girl's father's fight to keep his house? It sounds like it was a done deal that he would lose the house regardless of the outcome of the trial. Stupid law. The law of unintended consequences rears its ugly head once more.

Distinguished Member Array RightsEroding's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold Shot View Post
    Who are the people running the country right now?
    Your question is improper.

The real question is "Who is running our elected officials?"

Only patriots willing to to place their lives at great risk will seek an answer for public examination.
    "When those who are governed do too little, those who govern can, and will, do too much." Ronald Reagan

Do what you can; then do what you must

Quote Originally Posted by buckeye .45 View Post
    Gee, I woulda thought that us fighting two wars over the course of more than the last decade with an entirely volunteer force (the majority of whom volunteered during the wars) would have inspired some hope.
    Amen to that, brother!

Distinguished Member
    This whole dust up with the gun control fanatics has given me lots of hope and confidence in the youth of this Country. Having spent 21 years in the Marine Corps, now retired some 12 years, I have watched lots of young folks volunteer for service in some very troubled times, knowing full well they were going to face combat. I felt they were a small minority of patriots. Little did I know that there were many, many more who realized the Military wasn't for them (and surely as my old bones ache, it isn't for everybody) but that doesn't make them any less patriotic and they are standing up enmass for the Constitution and our rights (and their rights). I have seen more young people at the ranges than I have in a long, long time (and a large percentage of females to boot). Look at the faces in the pro-gun turn-outs.......the youth turn-out is encouraging.

What used to be an old, white male stronghold has turned around to be a cross section of the US. It makes me proud to know that while we may have changed the way things are done, the WHY is still strong. The desire for freedom and individual rights/responsibility has not been lost.
    21 years and 21 days, United States Marine Corps & NRA Life Member since 1972

"The trouble is with the increasingly widespread problem of idiots prancing around out there confusing their opinions with actual facts." peckman28

Quote Originally Posted by NCSoxFan View Post
    Amen to that, brother!
    Sorry; I could have worded my original statement a little differently.

Links