Compromise

This is a discussion on Compromise within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I think it's leaning towards universal background checks. Some have mentioned no checks if buyer has CCW. I think this is going to present problems ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Compromise

Compromise

I think it's leaning towards universal background checks. Some have mentioned no checks if buyer has CCW. I think this is going to present problems as some LGS's will undoubtedly want to charge exorbitant rates b/c they don't get to move inventory. I also think the gov't should provide a free online service to do NICS checks (apparently this is supposed to protect all citizens, so everyone should be willing to pay for it) and, so that we get something out of the deal, suppressors should be off the NFA list. Compromise, right?

2. Remove Ads

The liberal left does not believe in Compromise. Especially if they think they can shove something down our throats. The problem with the "Universal Background Checks" is the government making up their "Gun Registry".
    "Lets Be Careful Out There!"

Ron

Unfortunately the actual definition of compromise and the gun grabbers idea of compromise are completely different.

I think every elected official in the federal government should be subjected to this suggested UBC to see if they'd qualify and make the results public.

Quote Originally Posted by nedrgr21 View Post
    I think it's leaning towards universal background checks. Some have mentioned no checks if buyer has CCW. I think this is going to present problems as some LGS's will undoubtedly want to charge exorbitant rates b/c they don't get to move inventory. I also think the gov't should provide a free online service to do NICS checks (apparently this is supposed to protect all citizens, so everyone should be willing to pay for it) and, so that we get something out of the deal, suppressors should be off the NFA list. Compromise, right?
    Many LGS's already do these checks when you buy a gun from out of state. When I checked recently, they all charge about $20 to $30 here where I live. I don't know why it would change.

Just another useless regulation. Someday the NRA and pro gun folks will learn, I hope. Otherwise we are still headed down the road to using shovels for SD
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Capitalism, right now you can buy/sell a handgun within your state w/o a check and longguns (basically) btwn neighboring states. Let's take the anti's number of 40% of sales are non-FFL - that's a huge market ripe for picking. Look what's happened to ammo/accessory/firearm prices recently. As some of the FFL's on the board have stated in the past, it would take that much more time from them moving current inventory.
    soonershoote likes this.

Re: Compromise

This IS NO COMPROMISE... They are just taking less. They give nothing.

This will lead to registration.
    Yogi223 and atctimmy like this.
    It could be worse.
    "The History of our Revolution will be one continued Lye from one end to the other."
    John Adams
    "A gun is kind of like a parachute. If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again".

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    Well until all guns are registered there is NO way to enforce UBC. PERIOD.

We have to stop this at the edge of the property lines much less trying to stop it the gates of the capitol building.

They will pass this unless we the people continually remind them that this is political career killing Kevorkian style mayhem and they are helping each other insert the milky white liquid filled syringes.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

Distinguished Member Array Nmuskier's Avatar
    Here's how "universal" background checks work.
    Being too stupid to know there's a new law, a felon tries to buy a gun. He gets denied, feels bad about himself, rethinks his life, and goes home. He certainly doesn't go buy a gun from an illegal source.

See how universal background checks save lives? Just don't bring up the mass killers who passed checks because they didn't have a criminal or mental health record. Also, please ignore those who obtained weapons illegally (killing your mom and stealing her guns is illegal).

Senior Moderator
    Who here wants compromise? Certainley not I.

Universal Background Checks are just another step towards confiscation.

It aint rocket science. Anyone that thinks its a good idea is guilty of being stupid.
    BugDude, mg27, DPro.40 and 1 others like this.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by tangoseal View Post
    Well until all guns are registered there is NO way to enforce UBC. PERIOD.
    Yep, that's the "universal" part they they don't like to admit. They want the sheeple to think that "universal" simply means that it will apply to all equally. They will never admit that it will create a database of registered gun owners. And why would they want a database of gun owners??? Hmmm. I wonder.
    mg27 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array RightsEroding's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    Who here wants compromise?
    It aint rocket science.
    Sure it is.
    Why do you think the left wing whackos use Mark Kelly to prop up it's communist agenda? LMAO
    "When those who are governed do too little, those who govern can, and will, do too much." Ronald Reagan

Do what you can; then do what you must

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    I saw a comment yesterday on Dailykos that went something like this:
    I read this comment yesterday by some right wing gun nut who said that they would give in on universal background checks if in exchange they got all 50 state reciprocity. Like, my jaw just dropped when I read that.
    It is absolutely true that their idea of compromise is what rights are we willing to give up in exchange for their demands and I responded with as much.

I'm not interested in any flavor of compromise, as it's a slippery slope. Once we give in on anything, they'll just then reach for the next piece of low hanging fruit. I say NO, Nope, Nada. Not interested.
    niks likes this.
    " But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself... Baa." Col. Dave Grossman on Sheep and Sheepdogs.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links