Defensive Carry banner

Wall Street Journal article

860 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  phreddy 
#1 ·
#2 ·
At bottom, the Constitution requires sensible and effective regulation of guns that respects and upholds this most fundamental right. Policies motivated by nothing more than discomfort with firearms, often born of a lack of experience, fall far short.
While I disagree with the bolded part it is a very pro gun article.

#3 ·
Same here. Not only does the Constitution NOT "require sensible and effective regulation of guns", it explicitly PROHIBITS regulation of guns. Period.

#6 ·
I understand your concern... but the SCOTUS, no matter the makeup, is reluctant to overturn itself... always has been... It will "refine" parts of a law not yet decided... for now, common use, and individual right, and militia weapon, are our friends.

#5 ·
The Wall Street Journal is a conservative right-leaning paper... I would expect it from them... I would also expect the authors of the article would understand that regulated, as in "At bottom, the Constitution requires sensible and effective regulation of guns..." Is not the same as the definition of regulated in the Amendment...

Regulated as used in the Constitution meant to put in good order... not to restrict through regulations.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.