Proof Of A U.S. Police State

Proof Of A U.S. Police State

This is a discussion on Proof Of A U.S. Police State within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; February 11, 2013 by Bob Livingston America has fast descended into a police state. The trouble is that we want to believe in the rule ...

Results 1 to 10 of 10
Like Tree8Likes
  • 2 Post By suntzu
  • 3 Post By OldVet
  • 1 Post By suntzu
  • 1 Post By drbald1
  • 1 Post By Hopyard

Thread: Proof Of A U.S. Police State

  1. #1
    Senior Member Array SigPapa226's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    588

    Proof Of A U.S. Police State

    February 11, 2013 by Bob Livingston

    America has fast descended into a police state. The trouble is that we want to believe in the rule of law and the system that alleges to support and enforce it. But when reality collides with illusion, it is too late. No matter how bad things seem, we always think that times will get better and that government will do the right thing.

    Read More at: Proof Of A U.S. Police State : Personal Liberty Digest?

    One of the more important points is "The population in the United States is well-armed. That fact does not escape the 1 percent. That is why the 1 percent is so eager to find a basis upon which to justify disarming the people. The armed populace is all that stands between the people and full-blown tyranny."

    We are not the only ones recognizing the potential volatility of our times.

    People who write articles like this are typically pooh-poohed as nut cases or fringe, conspiratorial types, but maybe, just maybe they have a point. Food for thought & discussion as to the value & intent of the Second Amendment & the current assault on it.
    Ten Bears: It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men.


  2. #2
    VIP Member Array suntzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    TX/NH
    Posts
    6,010
    Well, for starters these "authors" are just as bad as the government and news media about giving folks unbiased news and information so they can form their own opinion. This "author" uses the same tactics and writing techniques as the government and news media: hyerbole, omitting facts that do not fit their views of the world, flat out lying, and spreading unfounded rumors.

    An article like this is toally worthless because of the way it is written. Maybe there are good points and maybe there are not. Unfortunatley the author buries them with an idiotic article. Some examples:
    Police across the country are becoming more militant and more militarized. Almost daily now are media reports of cops training their weapons on children, tazing and arresting them in schools, and shooting down civilians in their homes during no-knock warrant executions.
    Executions? hyperbole or the rantings of an idiot. He needs to look up what execution means. I don't like "no knock" warrants but they are a far cry from "executions.

    2009 Nobel Peace Prize nominee Jim Garrow, Ph.D., who is noted for his work saving thousands of babies in China from certain death through the country’s one-child policy, claims in a Facebook post that a military member and “hero” who everyone would recognize confided in him that Obama is using as a litmus test of military leadership that involves their willingness to fire on U.S. citizens and is removing those who say they will not.
    Let's go through this one step by step. Nobel Prize Nominee's are sealed for 50 years. So far we just have Mr. Garrow's word he was nominate. Ph.D? That is up in the air since he can't prove he got it from an accredited school. Use of the word "hero"--how do we know, jus have to take him at his word I guess. And the "hero" confided in him (which he got the information from another anonomous officer so it is second hand) without allowing his name to be used. Guess we just have to trust him on that also.

    Sorry, how on earth can you trust an article that is written like it is?
    Hopyard and Darrow75 like this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

    Isaiah 6:8

  3. #3
    VIP Member
    Array OldVet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Posts
    17,646
    Sigh... Such eloquent expression of wording to plant an image in one's mind: no-knock warrant executions.

    Clearly the author meant the "execution" or conducting of a no-knock warrant rather than a literal "execution" during a no-knock warrant operation, but clearly the author also knew by the phrasing that the mere mention of execution would incite visions of LEOs bursting in with guns blazing with intent to kill everyone inside.

    More "the sky is falling" ranting. Excuse me, I've run completely out of foil and must make it to the store for more while the choppers are refueling.
    Brad426, Hopyard and Darrow75 like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

  4. #4
    VIP Member
    Array oneshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    +42.893612,-082.710236 , Mi.
    Posts
    8,743
    Paranoia:

    Paranoia - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary
    a tendency on the part of an individual or group toward excessive or irrational suspiciousness and distrustfulness of others


    ^No matter how you slice it, its still gets sliced.^^


    Question for you suntzu.
    Do you think our Founding Fathers were paranoid, and had irrational suspiciousness?

    With the state of affairs, with what we see playing out in politics, and what is going on in our everyday society & around the world (questionable police practices either local or federal, traffic/street cameras popping up all over the cities/suburbs, ever increasing nanny state, TSA workers, Border Patrol, whose leaders don't seem too hell bent on "patroling the border", drones starting to be secretly utilized here in the US ) and the list is ever growing at an alarming rate, would you quite possibly agree, that if it were paranoia at one time, then could it be that in fact they really are out to get us now?

    If they were NOT paranoid, what makes these beliefs any less significant then they were before the US became the U S of A?

    At some time, if one refuses to take the blinders off, one see's the boogeyman really does exist.
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

    M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

  5. #5
    VIP Member Array suntzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    TX/NH
    Posts
    6,010
    Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    Paranoia:

    Paranoia - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary
    a tendency on the part of an individual or group toward excessive or irrational suspiciousness and distrustfulness of others


    ^No matter how you slice it, its still gets sliced.^^


    Question for you suntzu.
    Do you think our Founding Fathers were paranoid, and had irrational suspiciousness?

    With the state of affairs, with what we see playing out in politics, and what is going on in our everyday society & around the world (questionable police practices either local or federal, traffic/street cameras popping up all over the cities/suburbs, ever increasing nanny state, TSA workers, Border Patrol, whose leaders don't seem too hell bent on "patroling the border", drones starting to be secretly utilized here in the US ) and the list is ever growing at an alarming rate, would you quite possibly agree, that if it were paranoia at one time, then could it be that in fact they really are out to get us now?

    If they were NOT paranoid, what makes these beliefs any less significant then they were before the US became the U S of A?

    At some time, if one refuses to take the blinders off, one see's the boogeyman really does exist.
    I am not a shrink and have not met the Founding Fathers so I honestly can't tell you. But what I would like to think is that they do not publish trash like the one that is linked here. Golly gee the author goes on and on about distrust of the government and the author can't write a factual article that is not biased.

    Now, I answered your question, answer this: What is the underlying reason you asked it? Is it because I call a fraud a fraud when I see it? When I double check things from multiple sources that are actually credible? When people flat out lie and I call them on it?

    Note: If I say something I stress whether it is my opinion, someones else's, or I presume as a fact. Though guilty of hyperbole (this is an internet forum LOL) I do try to stay away from it as well as Strawman arguements and Reductio ad Absurdum.

    There is nothing wrong with a healthy paranoia. It is wrong to write something that is deceitful. It is wrong to go off half cocked and beleiving every thing you read just because it fits in with ones world view. Look at the thread about Feinstein and Boxer and supposedly asking folks to turn intheir weapons including LE). How many folks on this forum actually beleived it? I mean even after reading the article something did not say to themselves=SELF: this sounds really stupid.

    So, who really has blinders on?

    But nope, folks just rolled with the article. A friend of mine posted it on FB and I guess many did also. Healthy paranoia=Good Blind Faith=Bad

    I am sorry, were you expecting a simple yes or no?
    Darrow75 likes this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

    Isaiah 6:8

  6. #6
    Member Array drbald1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    347
    Very little research quickly brings up enough garbage attached the Garrow to discredit the entire article along with the publishing website.

    I tell my students they should develop an "internal infallible crap detector." I agree there are powers in government we should be skeptical of, and that our Founders sought a system that fostered some distrust of government.

    But, c'mon folks. If this were an anti's article, we'd be all over this guy as a flake. I'd love for our side to be the rational ones, and the good guys. Garrow appears to be neither.

    This can't die quickly enough.
    Darrow75 likes this.

  7. #7
    VIP Member
    Array oneshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    +42.893612,-082.710236 , Mi.
    Posts
    8,743
    Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    Paranoia:

    Paranoia - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary
    a tendency on the part of an individual or group toward excessive or irrational suspiciousness and distrustfulness of others


    ^No matter how you slice it, its still gets sliced.^^


    Question for you suntzu.
    Do you think our Founding Fathers were paranoid, and had irrational suspiciousness?

    With the state of affairs, with what we see playing out in politics, and what is going on in our everyday society & around the world (questionable police practices either local or federal, traffic/street cameras popping up all over the cities/suburbs, ever increasing nanny state, TSA workers, Border Patrol, whose leaders don't seem too hell bent on "patroling the border", drones starting to be secretly utilized here in the US ) and the list is ever growing at an alarming rate, would you quite possibly agree, that if it were paranoia at one time, then could it be that in fact they really are out to get us now?

    If they were NOT paranoid, what makes these beliefs any less significant then they were before the US became the U S of A?
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    I am not a shrink and have not met the Founding Fathers so I honestly can't tell you. But what I would like to think is that they do not publish trash like the one that is linked here. Golly gee the author goes on and on about distrust of the government and the author can't write a factual article that is not biased.

    Now, I answered your question, answer this: What is the underlying reason you asked it? Is it because I call a fraud a fraud when I see it? When I double check things from multiple sources that are actually credible? When people flat out lie and I call them on it?

    Note: If I say something I stress whether it is my opinion, someones else's, or I presume as a fact. Though guilty of hyperbole (this is an internet forum LOL) I do try to stay away from it as well as Strawman arguements and Reductio ad Absurdum.

    There is nothing wrong with a healthy paranoia. It is wrong to write something that is deceitful. It is wrong to go off half cocked and beleiving every thing you read just because it fits in with ones world view. Look at the thread about Feinstein and Boxer and supposedly asking folks to turn intheir weapons including LE). How many folks on this forum actually beleived it? I mean even after reading the article something did not say to themselves=SELF: this sounds really stupid.

    So, who really has blinders on?

    But nope, folks just rolled with the article. A friend of mine posted it on FB and I guess many did also. Healthy paranoia=Good Blind Faith=Bad

    I am sorry, were you expecting a simple yes or no?

    So, everything that I have bolded in my quote of myself, is normal everyday activity, which we should all accept ?
    Just because you don't particularly like the messenger, or part of the messege, doesn't mean you throw the baby out with the bathwater.
    You are basically saying that you think this author is lying,(which he probably is) and you still choose to ignore the bigger picture?
    You really didn't answer my question, you sidestepped it, but oh well.
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

    M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

  8. #8
    VIP Member Array suntzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    TX/NH
    Posts
    6,010
    Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    So, everything that I have bolded in my quote of myself, is normal everyday activity, which we should all accept ?
    Just because you don't particularly like the messenger, or part of the messege, doesn't mean you throw the baby out with the bathwater.
    You are basically saying that you think this author is lying,(which he probably is) and you still choose to ignore the bigger picture?
    You really didn't answer my question, you sidestepped it, but oh well.
    OK, you agree with me that the author is probably lying wich was the point of my first post. Now you think that I choose to ignore the big picture? On what basis? Oh, I know, because I don't stock up on tin foil. You seem to only notice post where I call out something as being false or exaggeated, but sir, you fail to notice the posts I make where I do have a great mistrust for our government and its agencies. I am very suspicious of our court system, LE, TSA, BATF and all the other agencies.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

    Isaiah 6:8

  9. #9
    Ex Member Array gregnsc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    455
    I don't pay any attention to stuff like that.People can write anything.I believe some,not all,does stuff like the writer did,just to start some crap.

  10. #10
    VIP Member
    Array Hopyard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Disappeared
    Posts
    12,110
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    I am not a shrink and have not met the Founding Fathers so I honestly can't tell you. But what I would like to think is that they do not publish trash like the one that is linked here.
    Actually some of them did, and for the very same purpose-- to win over the minds of the citizenry.
    Fortunately many were rather clear headed.
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

proof of a u.s. police state ?

Click on a term to search for related topics.