Chicago's gun laws not strict

This is a discussion on Chicago's gun laws not strict within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Chicago police superintendant says their gun laws are not strict. Even the Washington Times calls him out. Police superintendent: 'Chicago does not have strict gun ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Chicago's gun laws not strict

Chicago police superintendant says their gun laws are not strict. Even the Washington Times calls him out.

Police superintendent: 'Chicago does not have strict gun laws' - Washington Times

Wow
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

Duh? What did I miss? I think this guy must be on some mind altering substance.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Come on silly...he means Not Strict For the Criminals!!
    (4) Springfield Armory XD-40 Sub Compact
    (1) Ruger LC9
    NRA Member

"Molon labe" "From my cold dead hands"

Every now and then I'll wander over to Second City Cop blog and read their current issues. Some of the names the rank and file refer to McCarthy are just hilarious.

Mcdrunkandstupid, Mchidingunderhisdesk, McWhiskey et al.
    BugDude and msgt/ret like this.

I think he is another delusional imbecile. They are not strict enough for the criminals is what he should have said.
    "As a strong supporter of our 2nd Amendment rights, I believe tougher enforcement of our nation's existing gun laws must be done before any more laws are enacted and put on the books."
    Jeff Miller

This man is nothing more than a democrat puppet that the godfather jerks around to bash gun owners...not much different than what he did in NYC except that he has more of an audience now.
    S&W M&P 9c
    Ruger LCR + P (.38)
    Kahr PM9
    Taurus M851 (.38)

After some of the press releases I've seen from McCarthy,he's in NO position to address the rest of the country, same as Ray Kelly.
    niks likes this.
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by high pockets View Post
    Duh? What did I miss? I think this guy must be on some mind altering substance.
    Bingo!

Illinois is mediocre, but Chicago has very, very strict gun laws. Fortunately most of the violence is gang on gang. I say fortunately because the majority is not against "regular people". Most of the problem is in Chicago proper, the suburbs aren't great, but significantly less crime than Chicago.
    Ten Bears: It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men.

They arent strict. Just about the same rules that apply to the inside of a federal court room

It's pretty bad when the Washington Times calls you out for saying something so stupid.

He spent too much time with Marion Barry...told ya that stuff would make you stupid.
    niks likes this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Quote Originally Posted by mbguy29577 View Post
    Come on silly...he means Not Strict For the Criminals!!
    They don't have criminals, either...
    Regards,
    Jim
    NRA Life Member
    Charter Member (#00002) of the DC .41 LC Society
    He that cannot reason is a fool. He that will not is a bigot. He that dare not is a slave. - Andrew Carnegie

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    -
    So that's where Mister Rogers' Neighborhood of Make-believe is!
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

One side says guns are violent and kill people. The other side says people are violent and kill people. I believe and know that people are the culprit for these deaths... Not the gun. But one thing I know we can all agree on is if we want to ban guns because of senseless deaths then by golly let's ban cars. Cars kill more people than any gun, any drug, any disease, and any mental case walking the streets on a day to day basis. I you disagree then I suggest you go to the doctor and have your head pulled out of your rear

Statements like this and all the other rabid and not so rabid anti firearm rhetoric is The Big Lie principle in action only with the advantage of internet etc to spread it. Tell a big enough lie long enough and people begin to believe it. Even some of our own fall prey this ploy in the name of being "reasonable". History repeating itself. As it always does for those that cannot learn lessons from it.
    niks likes this.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links