Arkansas Church Carry is now the LAW

This is a discussion on Arkansas Church Carry is now the LAW within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; While it is far from perfect due to the Liberals trying to gut it as usual, it is a step in the right direction. Basically, ...

Like Tree9Likes
  • 5 Post By HotGuns
  • 1 Post By wishyouwell
  • 2 Post By Snub44
  • 1 Post By HotGuns

Thread: Arkansas Church Carry is now the LAW

Senior Moderator

While it is far from perfect due to the Liberals trying to gut it as usual, it is a step in the right direction.

Basically, if your Church does not specifically disallow it, then you can defend yourself in church if the need be. I see it as elimination of another target rich environment. If your church dosent like you carrying a gun in church, respect their wishes by going somewhere else where they value your God given right to self defense.
    Arkansas Governor Signs Guns in Churches Bill into Law
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Great news!

Senior Member Array wishyouwell's Avatar
    Good. Now all i gotta do is start going to church a bit more often
    msgt/ret likes this.

...this article explains how it works... http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2...urch-bill-law/ ...so since the prohibition against carrying is not struck down, but the churches were given the right to DECIDE... a person has to ask/know his/her church's decision and abide by it rather than just start carrying to church...

"...(16)(A) Any church or other place of worship. 28
    (B) However, this subchapter does not preclude a church or other 29 place of worship from determining who may carry a concealed handgun into the 30 church or other place of worship;"

...I like the way they wrote it in TX...unless they post a legal sign or give verbal notice to you...you're good to go...

...I'm with you on the last...I'll not worship where they forbid me my God-given rights...and are too PC to acknowledge that the God who is our Protector...has, in all of recorded history, used well-armed, well-trained godly men to do that protecting...
    Last edited by Snub44; February 11th, 2013 at 10:22 PM. Reason: add cite
    sauerpuss and Crowbait like this.

Very good news for Arkansas!

Awesome...

Just goes to show that elections DO matter!

"Death is lighter than a feather, but Duty is heavier than a mountain" Robert Jordan
    USMC veteran
    Glock 19 Gen 4
    Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes

Senior Moderator
    The only way they could get the bill to pass was to allow the individual churches to say "yea" or "nay" on carrying concealed handguns. The Presbyterians have held this bill up for years, pulling various shenanigans at the Courthouse.

The bill, as it stands, still allows a church to disallow the carry of concealed handguns. In truth, I don't think just a whole lot of churches will exercise that option, but there are some dimwitted preachers out there that tend to ignore reality. Just so one thinks I am not slamming any particular religion, I am not. There are clueless Preachers,Ministers,Pastors,Facilitators,Priests,F athers, whatever one wants to call them that refuse to acknowledge the real world when it comes to their church. They don't understand that just because they or their congregation respects the Church, that others do not.

Having personally issued AR CHL's to many men that claim to be men of faith, I have heard both sides of the story numerous times.
    Snub44 likes this.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

...at least this bill's progress...I won't ask any pastor for permission to do what his Boss gave me the right to do...glad I'm not in AR...preachers are kinda like cops...the job's instant...the wisdom to do it...well, that takes a little longer...

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    The only way they could get the bill to pass was to allow the individual churches to say "yea" or "nay" on carrying concealed handguns. The Presbyterians have held this bill up for years, pulling various shenanigans at the Courthouse.

The bill, as it stands, still allows a church to disallow the carry of concealed handguns. In truth, I don't think just a whole lot of churches will exercise that option, but there are some dimwitted preachers out there that tend to ignore reality. Just so one thinks I am not slamming any particular religion, I am not. There are clueless Preachers,Ministers,Pastors,Facilitators,Priests,F athers, whatever one wants to call them that refuse to acknowledge the real world when it comes to their church. They don't understand that just because they or their congregation respects the Church, that others do not.

Having personally issued AR CHL's to many men that claim to be men of faith, I have heard both sides of the story numerous times.

Good work, AR...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Links