H.R. 538: Banning the “Five-seveN” handgun and ammunition

This is a discussion on H.R. 538: Banning the “Five-seveN” handgun and ammunition within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; What about the Teflon 'Cop Killer' bullets? Did they get banned? Are they a myth? I just remember hearing about them in the news a ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: H.R. 538: Banning the “Five-seveN” handgun and ammunition

What about the Teflon 'Cop Killer' bullets? Did they get banned? Are they a myth?

I just remember hearing about them in the news a long time ago.
    US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by mano3 View Post
    What about the Teflon 'Cop Killer' bullets? Did they get banned? Are they a myth?

I think you are refering to 'Black Talon's" They were not banned, but volentaraly taken off the market. The media hype said they were teflon coated and that they would pierce body armor. Neither claim is true. I can't remember what the actual coating was. They produced an identically shaped round called the SXT that didn't have the coating and I believe is still available. Some claim the SXT is shorthand for "Same exact thing".

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    I honestly do not know of many criminals getting $1500.00 saturday night specials of the FN Five-Seven.

And additionally I do not know of many criminals whom actually are willing to pay $75.00 for a box of 20 rounds of this stuff much less pay for anything anyways.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by mano3 View Post

You mean the KTW Teflon-coated bullets.

LINK

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    There goes the Thompson Contender
    I don't always have nothing to say, but when I do, I post it on Facebook.

Signed up for pop vox , weighing in now

Signed up and weighed in on a buttload of bills. My reps are going to get sick of hearing from me.
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." --Benjamin Franklin

"Ignorance can be treated with education, sadly there is no cure for stupidity."

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzadik View Post
    I think you are refering to 'Black Talon's" They were not banned, but volentaraly taken off the market. The media hype said they were teflon coated and that they would pierce body armor. Neither claim is true. I can't remember what the actual coating was. They produced an identically shaped round called the SXT that didn't have the coating and I believe is still available. Some claim the SXT is shorthand for "Same exact thing".
    The coating was called Lubalox a black oxide type coating. The SXT is the same round without the coating now called the Ranger T and a newer round is the PDX1 if I remember correctly.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by chuckusaret View Post
    The coating was called Lubalox a black oxide type coating. The SXT is the same round without the coating now called the Ranger T and a newer round is the PDX1 if I remember correctly.
    To add: Winchester produces an SXZ round as well that is still coated with Lubalox. Striking similarity to the Black Talons with a slightly different petal shape when opened.

Quote Originally Posted by tangoseal View Post
    And additionally I do not know of many criminals whom actually are willing to pay $75.00 for a box of 20 rounds of this stuff much less pay for anything anyways.
    That was similar to my opinion on the .500 S&W concerns. I'm not actually afraid of anyone who wants one. A gangsta will never be able to afford to practice with it. Honestly, I'm less afraid of a gangsta holding a .500 S&W than one holding any .380 or 9mm
    Our current plan for Universal Iron Lung coverage, just sayin'.
    Wisest. Retirement. Plan. Ever.
    Good thing the March of Dimes worked. How, why?

Alternately, for those with a tool shed, ideas, or creative loved ones to tell..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links