Must Watch Video - See Gun Ban Advocates Stripped Of Camouflage & Subterfuge – Video

This is a discussion on Must Watch Video - See Gun Ban Advocates Stripped Of Camouflage & Subterfuge – Video within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I enjoyed this. Thanks for posting. My favorite moment: confusing elucidate and hallucinate....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Must Watch Video - See Gun Ban Advocates Stripped Of Camouflage & Subterfuge – Video

I enjoyed this. Thanks for posting.

My favorite moment: confusing elucidate and hallucinate.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by StevePVB View Post
    But they keep telling us we shouldn't object to "commonsense" gun laws.
    They haven't shown any yet.
    cmdrdredd likes this.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by cn262 View Post
    It was great to see the pro-gun side do so well. Definitely worth watching.

There was a similar debate in Milwaukee over the weekend. At many times there seemed to be a push towards the left, but common sense eventually won over. This program is an hour long, but I'll include the link for anyone interested.

CBS 58 | Gun Control Debate

THAT was an hour well spent! Reasonable discussion. Nazir did an excellent job of articulating his thoughts...

I found it extremely interesting that the State senator, a DEMOCRAT, BTW, was fully cognizant of the realities of the problem, not interested in taking guns or magazines; while the State representative, a REPUBLICAN, BTW, was worried about stigmatizing the mentally ill, and all for taking the guns off the street...

Thank you for that post...
    It could be worse.
    "The History of our Revolution will be one continued Lye from one end to the other."
    John Adams
    "A gun is kind of like a parachute. If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again".

Common sense is uncommon

Quote Originally Posted by StevePVB View Post
    But they keep telling us we shouldn't object to "commonsense" gun laws.
    I wasn't aware that any gun laws make sense to begin with? I guess if you made a law that you cannot own a ICBM I could say OK but rifles and handguns? I see no reason to think I would be unsafe with an m-249 but perfectly OK with a 300wsm.

Sent via telepathy on a Galaxy S3
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

Just stupid.

WOW. I could not get through the entire thing because of the ignorance there.

Be safe!
    NEVER point a gun at something you are not prepared to destroy!
    AND for GODS sake, get your finger off the trigger until you are ready to squeeze the trigger!

Do people really believe this stuff, or are they just spouting the talking points from their side? I know a lot of them believe it because they have been & are being brainwashed by this administration & the Lame-stream media. Scary Times.
    Ten Bears: It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men.

Wow. Just wow. Idiots.
    “A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” --George Washington

OMG, that would be funny, if it weren't so frustrating!

I've sent this email to NCGV (the organization that Gail Neely represents) even though I'm not in NC.

"Did Gail Neely actually graduate from high school?

Just wanted to know, because I saw a video of a gun rights debate in Winston-Salem on Feb 8, 2013, and I could not believe the idiotic, ignorant statements that she believes as facts.

You need to show your ID to vote? Really? Where is this? Or does she not actually vote?

The Second Amendment was created to "stop insurrectionists"? And then she giggles and says, "That's absurd" when she is corrected? Are there no American History classes taught in NC? Or maybe she was asleep that period? Of course, she COULD have bothered to read the Bill of Rights before she tries to infringe on those rights, but what fun would that be, correct?

"90% of the American people, right now, right here, that want these laws put in place." "75% of NRA members that want these laws." Isn't it fun to make up statistics to suit your viewpoint? Have you ever looked at any REAL statistics, rather then making them up on the spot? Not nearly as satisfying, is it?

I won't even address the ignorant statements made by the other panelists supporting your position, but I did want you to know that there are citizens around the country that are watching even local debates like this, and forming their opinions based on facts, instead of on fantasy."

Now did anybody watch the video posted by cn262? That really was well done... and it's worth the hour to watch that... the other one is a waste of time...

Relink to cn262 video here: CBS 58 | Gun Control Debate
    It could be worse.
    "The History of our Revolution will be one continued Lye from one end to the other."
    John Adams
    "A gun is kind of like a parachute. If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again".

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    I watched the hour-long video and I agree that it was probably a better discussion than many that have been recorded recently.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

I kind of threw up a little bit.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    I kind of threw up a little bit.
    Over the OP's or the second one?
    It could be worse.
    John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    Now did anybody watch the video posted by cn262? That really was well done... and it's worth the hour to watch that... the other one is a waste of time...

Relink to cn262 video here: CBS 58 | Gun Control Debate
    Look at the survey link at the bottom of the page. We lost that one.
    Glock 23 - CZ 452 ZKM Special
    Walther P22 - LMT STD 16
    Mossberg 500A - Kahr P380
    Henry H001Y - Winchester 12
    Smith & Wesson M&P Shield
    Mossberg 500B - Marlin 336Y

Must Watch Video - See Gun Ban Advocates Stripped Of Camouflage & Subterfuge – Video

I suggest having some " I am Unarmed,defenseless and proud of it" buttons printed up I wonder if they would wear them?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links