Brainwashing Kids Against Guns

This is a discussion on Brainwashing Kids Against Guns within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Brainwashing Kids About Guns...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Brainwashing Kids Against Guns

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar

Brainwashing Kids Against Guns

pipedream likes this.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by kapnketel View Post
    My 3rd old wants a hello Kitty GLock. So there is hope for our future LOL. She's always wondering what I'm doing when I clean my guns or do mods to them, and I use those opportunities to explain to her a little about them. She knows she can't use one until she's older.
    Glock 20sf, Glock 19 gen4, Glock 26 gen3, Colt 1911 Series 80

Strange...

My son grew up around Guns (his Dad is a professional), and I never made them "taboo" or "evil"...

He's grown into an honorable young man who hasn't become a criminal.

Imagine that...

I got matching 1911 airsofts for me and my oldest for "zombie hunting." All in good fun with the added benefits of training and quality time with dad. I'm not worried about how she'll turn out.
    sauerpuss likes this.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    ^^Ditto!

I never "hid" my firearms from my kids, made it clear they were hands off, and never had an issue with them. I even let my nine-year-old son fire my .41 magnum only to see it cartwheel over his head and land in the snow. It was his one and only shot! As a former Marine, now Navy Reserve Officer and Govt security agent, I think he turned out pretty good. He still won't shoot a magnum though.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar
    Kudos to our Public Educational System!

Better post as I feel a RANT coming on!
    niks likes this.

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by onacoma View Post
    Kudos to our Public Educational System!

Better post as I feel a RANT coming on!
    That's why I posted the link without comment.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Re: Brainwashing Kids Against Guns

I urge everyone who has the means and ability to do it, to homeschooling and use sports and summer camps for the social interaction. Some people say it makes your kid antisocial to not to go an official school. That's a load of crap. There are various activities you can get your kids involved in. Baseball, hockey, football, probably even shooting clubs, Bmx, skateboarding, boy scouts or girl scouts, cheerleading. All can be done outside the school.

Better to teach your kids the values you want them to learn than to come home and have your 6 year old tell you they discussed STDs, how guns are bad, how well fare helps everyone, and how obamacare is good. My friends son came home from achool last october and told me that his teacher told him to make sure he tells everyone to vote for Obama because everyone else will let the old people die. No joke, I couldn't believe it. Whatevwr way you vote is your business and to use kids to push a certain viewpoint is sick. I mean, what does a 7 year old really know about the world anyway? Probably not a whole lot.

Its time to go back to family time and teach your kids what you want them to know about life before its too late.

Sent via telepathy on a Galaxy S3
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

I'm glad my kids aren't falling for this brainwashing.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrdredd View Post
    I mean, what does a 7 year old really know about the world anyway?
    Enough to advise the POTUS on gun control measures apparently...

Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    I'm glad my kids aren't falling for this brainwashing.
    Fortunately, children of parents who understand all of the important teachings are done in the home are immune from this nonsense. This nonsense has been going on for ages.
    As Mark Twain said "I never let my schooling interfere with my education."
    sauerpuss likes this.

VIP Member
    That is why I help mine with the home work every night. We are on WWII. I can't believe what they teach and don't teach about it. (will stop here because I could rant for a while)
    NCSoxFan likes this.
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

If you actively participate in your child's education they will see you as the role model to emulate.
    Tzadik likes this.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Distinguished Member
    My kids are good to go and they are quick to comment when someone blames guns for violence or proposes banning guns to solve the violence problem. However, I am a reading mentor at a local public elementary school. When I read with my student today, he whispered to me to ask if he could bring a picture of his brother who is in the US Army to show me. He said he has two pictures both of which are his brother holding different guns in uniform. I had to tell him we would have to ask his teacher and/or principal before he brought them because I did not want him to get into trouble. I don't believe there will be a problem at his school with the pictures, but it is a sad day that I even had to think twice about saying yes to him bringing a picture of a US soldier to school.

This is what's been surfacing as the anti's actual long term plan. Many of them have admitted that new laws will do nothing. What they really hope to accomplish is making guns "uncool" to future potential gun owners, especially kids. We as gun owners and shooters need to keep exposing our kids to the idea of safe gun ownership and shooting activities. We need to support junior shooting sports programs. Most of all, we need to make sure kids are taught constitutional principals.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links