Letter from us senator joe donnelly from indiana

This is a discussion on Letter from us senator joe donnelly from indiana within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I have emailed my state and U.S. senators and representatives along with the President every day for the last month or so. It takes about ...

Thread: Letter from us senator joe donnelly from indiana

I have emailed my state and U.S. senators and representatives along with the President every day for the last month or so. It takes about 2 minutes (which is less time than I usually waste on FaceBook every day). I go to this website and copy and paste a letter I wrote a while back. The website is Congress.org ? Get informed, get involved I finally got a legitimate response from Senator Joe Donnelly and it's encouraging.

Dear Mr. Indykid (he didn't really start with this, obviously),

I am a supporter of the Second Amendment, and I have voted to protect the rights of law-abiding gun owners. Like all Americans, I was shaken to my core by the senseless murders of 20 children in Newtown, Connecticut. It is only reasonable for all of us to consider ways to reduce the likelihood of a tragedy like that happening again.
    Whether a gun owner or not, a Democrat or a Republican, everyone would agree that we can take steps to reduce violent crime without sacrificing the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding citizens. My concern is not those who follow the law, but those who do not. For this reason, I will not support legislation that would ban the sale of assault weapons to those who obey the law. I will, however, give serious consideration to proposals that would keep guns out of the hands of criminals and the mentally ill, while preserving the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding gun owners.

It is a privilege to represent you and all Hoosiers in the U.S. Senate. Your continued correspondence is welcome and helps me to better represent our state.

VIP Member
    How do you know a politician is lying....? His lips are moving. As with all things political, I will believe it when I see it and hope he speaks the truth.

It appears to me that he is setting himself up to support the "Universal" Background Check.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links