Bill O'Reilly wants gun registration and ban AR-15's - Page 2

Bill O'Reilly wants gun registration and ban AR-15's

This is a discussion on Bill O'Reilly wants gun registration and ban AR-15's within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; People are surprised he is a fool? Must not have seen his show before. All these clowns are the same. It is a ratings thing, ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Bill O'Reilly wants gun registration and ban AR-15's

People are surprised he is a fool? Must not have seen his show before. All these clowns are the same. It is a ratings thing, he has never had my attention and doubtful ever will. I also do not care what his opinion is as it does not matter.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by SCXDm9 View Post
    Bill O'Reily is like anyone else in the US.. he can believe what ever he wants! The more he or any one else is on TV the less I care what they believe.

To his point... my neighbors have AK's and AR's... so I need them too!
    Probably a good idea to start caring... while it's true that everyone is entitled to their own opinions; those who have the media's attention espouse their beliefs to a listening public... a public who in some cases write to their congressmen, and speak out at public hearings locally...

Now, the conservatives have one of their revered talking heads talking against us...So the anti's can say..."Look, not only do 90% of NRA members believe in background checks (including La Pierre), even conservative talk show hosts know it's a common sense approach to stop the violence. Cue the tapes"

we have met the enemy.jpg
    SigPapa226 likes this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

O'Reilly is egotistical, smug and ignorant on the level of Piers Morgan. Thankfully he is mostly on his own as far as the talking heads on Fox go. They would do well to cancel his show.

He is not interested in guns. Pro, anti, neither are his concern.

He is interested in a paycheck. Controversy (like Limbaugh) means ratings, and ratings mean paychecks.

Guys, these folks prey on our fears and our convictions. It feeds them, quite well. That guy on the MSNBC Ed Show is no different. I truly believe that they have no opinion, certainly not one worth speaking. They don't worry about their opinions.

They are only concerned with ours.

It wouldn't surprise me if, at the end of the day, O'Reilly and Limbaugh hooked up with Pelosi and Feinstein for a hot double date.

How's that for an image you could have done without, heh-heh.
    mg27, oakchas and Crowbait like this.

I dont believe in the old LEFT, RIGHT anymore. I think people are starting to wake up thank God, Your either for freedom and for the "real" or traditional America or your NOT. Like before Jersey shore was cool, or before rosi O' donnel was a role model and before facebook took up everyones time!

I heard reilly say the same thing on his show.. His view is that if the Gov wanted to take our guns, they could and would and us having Ar's or whatever would not stop our military from taking them. They are his words.. I still rather watch him than anyone of the bozo's on Msnbc,, They are total tarts but I do think anyone on TV will say whatever they are told to ($$$$$ )It's all a show and I do not trust any of them! When It comes down to it Its the people verses communism Period. And rachel madcow can get my pressure up more than any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by multistage View Post

He is interested in a paycheck. Controversy (like Limbaugh) means ratings, and ratings mean paychecks.

Guys, these folks prey on our fears and our convictions. It feeds them, quite well. That guy on the MSNBC Ed Show is no different. I truly believe that they have no opinion, certainly not one worth speaking. They don't worry about their opinions.

It wouldn't surprise me if, at the end of the day, O'Reilly and Limbaugh hooked up with Pelosi and Feinstein for a hot double date.

I couldn't agree more..

He also wants a unicorn and a genie. He's a talking head that talks to whatever audience he is in front of. Controversy equals ratings.
    Darrow75 likes this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

He made the same claim (national registration) on his FNC show not long ago. I was steamed, but I think that it's a good thing that he's pushing the AWB and mag-cap stuff back to states. Not that I think it should pass at the state level either, but the more that people with audiences push against federal AWB and magazine limits the better.

But I agree with those that are pointing out that the FNC talking heads are also all in NYC, DC, and Cali (L.A.). Don't forget that even your friends are not always your allies. Maybe I'll write an email to Bill O's FNC box...
    There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap - ballot - jury - ammo

“The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie: deliberate, continued, and dishonest; but the myth: persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.”
    -- John F. Kennedy

VIP Member
    Opinions are like...

Opinions...everyone has one.
    Darrow75 likes this.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

VIP Member

What kind of a sick individual are you for putting the thought of that image in my head?
    multistage likes this.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar
    Bill O'Really is Diane Feinstein in drag if you haven't figured it out yet! So I guess he could date himself?

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

VIP Member

I wonder if I can wash that image out of my brain with bleach?
    21 years and 21 days, United States Marine Corps & NRA Life Member since 1972

"The trouble is with the increasingly widespread problem of idiots prancing around out there confusing their opinions with actual facts." peckman28

<BEGIN FULL RANT MODE]

I'm sick and tired of idiot politicians and media talking heads telling us what we should be "allowed" to own. Excuse me, but a right is exactly that: a RIGHT. The Founding Fathers never intended for the right to keep and bear arms, or any other right, to be at the whims of whatever imbeciles happen to be in power at a given time.

So as briefly as I can express it....

We are NOT a democracy. A democracy is a system of government where the majority rules. That is, the 51% majority can vote to legally trample the rights of the 49% minority. For example, if 51% of the population thinks that "assault" rifles should be banned, then they get banned. A democracy is still better than being ruled by a tyrannical king, but not by much. I get very agitated when I hear us called a "democracy."

We are a constitutional republic where the individual is sovereign. It doesn't matter if 99.9999% of the population disagrees with my rights, they're still my rights. It doesn't matter if Bill O'Reilly. Geraldo Rivera, Diane Feinstein, and Barack Hussein Obama all put their crack pipes down and state that I "shouldn't be allowed" to own an AR-15, I still have that right. The Constitution, via the Founding Fathers, said so. This system of government has made us the greatest powerhouse in the world, yet Mr. Barack Hussein Obama and his comedic sidekick, Biden, have decided that there's something "wrong" with this country and that we need their great leadership to "fix" it.

Another thing that makes me cringe is when these mental midgets refer to the 2nd Amendment as a right to hunt. That's the most asinine thing I've ever heard and I wish someone would explain to me why in hell the Founders would have put that into the Constitution. So where is the "right" to fish or the "right" to farm mentioned? How about the "right" to pick berries and nuts?

There was a time when parents in Europe would put their children on ships bound for America, knowing that they would never see them again, because that freedom was the most precious thing in the universe. Now we have clueless dolts running amok, born into this great American birthright, who don't understand any of this and don't care to. Sooner or later, these very people are going to vote us right into a totalitarian government. And when they do, there goes the rest of the world.
    oakchas likes this.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

Quote Originally Posted by Sig35seven View Post
    I
    Don't kid yourself...the right wing is pushing for more gun control just as much as the left.
    While I'm no fan of the present iteration of the GOP, you'll have to do more than quote Bill O'Reilly to convince me that the "right wing" is pushing for more gun control.

When I look at the gun control measures being offered in the House and the Senate, I see they were written, and sponsored, by Democrats. Left leaning Democrats. That's the reality of the situation.
    Don't try to be fancy. Shoot for the center of mass. The world is full of decent people. Criminals we can do without. -- Jeff Cooper (1920–2006)

Quote Originally Posted by NETim View Post
    While I'm no fan of the present iteration of the GOP, you'll have to do more than quote Bill O'Reilly to convince me that the "right wing" is pushing for more gun control.

When I look at the gun control measures being offered in the House and the Senate, I see they were written, and sponsored, by Democrats. Left leaning Democrats. That's the reality of the situation.
    I guess what you don't see is the support those measures are receiving from the GOP. It's gaining support and Bill O'Reilly is just one of many conservatives who want this type of gun control. Stop looking just to the left...there's crap coming from the right as well. That also is the reality.
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links