State of the Union - Page 2

State of the Union

This is a discussion on State of the Union within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Todays Gallup: National defense - 53% Approve, 44% Disapprove Foreign affairs - 46% Approve, 48% Disapprove Immigration - 46% Approve, 48% Disapprove Energy policy - ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree114Likes

Thread: State of the Union

Todays Gallup:

National defense - 53% Approve, 44% Disapprove
    Foreign affairs - 46% Approve, 48% Disapprove
    Immigration - 46% Approve, 48% Disapprove
    Energy policy - 44% Approve, 46% Disapprove
    Gun policy - 42% Approve, 54% Disapprove
    Taxes - 41% Approve, 57% Disapprove
    the economy - 39% Approve, 60% Disapprove
    Middle East: Israelis/Palestinians - 36% Approve, 55% Disapprove
    The federal budget deficit - 31% Approve, 65% Disapprove
    68blackbird and Spirit51 like this.

I didn't watch, I know I should have, but I can't stand watching narcissists give speeches. (My wife reminded me that I also couldn't stand watching Bush. But I will say that Bush wasn't one-tenth as bad as Obama.)
    msgt/ret likes this.

Did anyone see Schumer after? Well, he laid out the 'plan' on gun control. According to ole Chuckie about the only thing he believes he can push through is a gun registration bill. He says he has 2 Republicans on board to help: one from W.Va. and one from Oklahoma. I forgot their names. He says the gun registration bill would do the most good in preventing more gun violence.

That logic is lost on me...
    SOLD my guns.
    Proud owner of a 12lb. Chinese pug that is DANGEROUS and is soon to be registered!

Quote Originally Posted by 8th ID View Post
    Did anyone see Schumer after? Well, he laid out the 'plan' on gun control. According to ole Chuckie about the only thing he believes he can push through is a gun registration bill. He says he has 2 Republicans on board to help: one from W.Va. and one from Oklahoma. I forgot their names. He says the gun registration bill would do the most good in preventing more gun violence.

with me as well

VIP Member

chucky schemer (schumer) is but one of many that deserve to be impeached and removed from office.
    BurgerBoy and goldmaster like this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

I found something as a bit contradicting on the part of President Obama. In his address he stated something such as this, we can not just help out the few we have to do what is good for the whole country. Then when it came to gun control he stated over and over they deserve a vote. The "they" meaning the survivors and those that died from senseless gun violence. While I sympathize with those that were wounded or the survivors of those that died aren't they in reality a very small minority of the American public. If America starts making laws just for the few this country will be doomed.

What also needs to be considered by Congress with the presidents proposal of banning certain weapons and capacity of magazines is its violation of the second amendment. I also did not like the blatant lie President Obama came out with. He stated that he is tired of seeing law enforcement being "out gunned" on the streets. That is simply not true. When you see on the news at any shooting law enforcement carrying "assault weapons" they are not semi automatic models, they have the fully automatic models, they also have tear gas, many also have RPG's, armored vehicles, bullet proof gear, etc. Maybe 20 years agon they might have been out gunned but no way they are now days.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    Its not about criminals. Its not about safety. Its damned sure not about children.

Its about CONTROL !

No guns = full tyranny. Get it? Im done saying this over and over but I hear too many members here worried about criminals having the guns and the law abiding doesnt and the govt doesnt get it ... blah blah .. they fully get it... They fully get that we cant acquiesce into a central globally controlled government who dictates our lives without our firewall against tyranny. The gun.
    MACC12, RickyD, Tzadik and 2 others like this.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

You know who deserves a vote???? Law abiding citizens, who work hard every day, pay taxes, and use what's left of their paycheck to pay their own debts and their own way, and use their hard earned money to buy guns and use them responsibly and legally to protect their family. WE DESERVE A VOTE!!!!!!!

Funny how he left those people I described above out of his speech.
    Sontag, MACC12, BurgerBoy and 5 others like this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I did not watch this speech as I was not interested in anything BHO was going to say.
    I'll find out during the course of the next few days after his words go through the septic field filters.
    BHO? Should be B-HO. Like J-LO? We should call him B-HO. I like it.
    Glock 23 - CZ 452 ZKM Special - Walther P22
    LMT STD 16 - Mossberg 500A - Kahr P380
    Henry H001Y - Winchester 12
    Smith & Wesson M&P Shield - Mossberg 500B
    Marlin 336Y - Kahr MK9

Cant speak to the speech since I dont have live TV. (I learn more here with you good folks)
    But I can probably imagine pretty much how it went. I was curious though did he avow our 1st amendment right to keep and bear arms like Nancy Peeedmypants whats her name????
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    You know who deserves a vote???? Law abiding citizens, who work hard every day, pay taxes, and use what's left of their paycheck to pay their own debts and their own way, and use their hard earned money to buy guns and use them responsibly and legally to protect their family. WE DESERVE A VOTE!!!!!!!

Funny how he left those people I described above out of his speech.
    The people he left out don't vote for him.
    BugDude likes this.
    SOLD my guns.
    Proud owner of a 12lb. Chinese pug that is DANGEROUS and is soon to be registered!

Quote Originally Posted by SpringerXD View Post
    I know one thing for sure. If the Republican party doesn't nominate Rubio for President in 2016, I'll write them off forever.
    I'm not his biggest fan after he says making ILLEGALS legal without them having to do it by legal means is the thing to do. If they want in, they can do it the LEGAL way like my ancestors had to do it.

I can't think of ANYONE in the Repub Party to run in '16.
    Ace
    Gotta Fly or Gonna Die

VIP Member
    I know this isn't a political forum, but I can't watch BHO anymore because every time I do I think my head is going to explode. Between anti growth tax policy, gun control, an energy policy that clearly hurts Americans, ignoring unemployment and an overall nanny state big government approach I simply can't take it.

VIP Member
    The people he left out don't vote for him.
    He doesn't need us because so many of his supporters got to vote twice...

When you rob Peter to pay Paul, you get Paul's vote.

When you have more Pauls than Peters, you get what we had the last two elections.
    msgt/ret likes this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links