State of the Union - Page 3

State of the Union

This is a discussion on State of the Union within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I caught only the last few minutes of the speach, and I was too busy watching Biden and Bohner to pay attention to Obama. Bohner's ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree114Likes

Thread: State of the Union

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I caught only the last few minutes of the speach, and I was too busy watching Biden and Bohner to pay attention to Obama. Bohner's look all but said, "Is this clown ever going to shut up," and Biden looked like a well-oiled Jack-In-The-Box, jumping up every few seconds to cheer on the Prez.

And I highly resent Obama using the victims as an emotional tool. The NRA should run it armed-security school ads again to get equal air time.
    sauerpuss and crossfireltd like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    Todays Gallup:

National defense - 53% Approve, 44% Disapprove
    Foreign affairs - 46% Approve, 48% Disapprove
    Immigration - 46% Approve, 48% Disapprove
    Energy policy - 44% Approve, 46% Disapprove
    Gun policy - 42% Approve, 54% Disapprove
    Taxes - 41% Approve, 57% Disapprove
    the economy - 39% Approve, 60% Disapprove
    Middle East: Israelis/Palestinians - 36% Approve, 55% Disapprove
    The federal budget deficit - 31% Approve, 65% Disapprove

SMH.....it still astounds me how HE got re-elected. I predict that in 4 years half the voters in the US will say, "I'm sorry, we were wrong."
    The wise man looks for ways to minimize mistakes, a fool boasts it will never happened to him.

"The problem is not the availability of guns, it is the availability of morons."
    - Antonio Meloni

What about when he was talking about working with the Justice Dept on other legislation and being more " transparent"?

Yeah, whatever, like starting with Fast and Furious? Or maybe Bengazi?

He is a lying POS.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 68blackbird View Post
    SMH.....it still astounds me how HE got re-elected. I predict that in 4 years half the voters in the US will say, "I'm sorry, we were wrong."
    The big cities were where Obama got re-elected. He won Ohio, for example, even though he carried only sixteen of its eighty-eight counties.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

[QUOTE=BugDude;2607894]You know who deserves a vote???? Law abiding citizens, who work hard every day, pay taxes, and use what's left of their paycheck to pay their own debts and their own way, and use their hard earned money to buy guns and use them responsibly and legally to protect their family. WE DESERVE A VOTE!!!!!!!

Amen to that!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    What about when he was talking about working with the Justice Dept on other legislation and being more " transparent"?

Yeah, whatever, like starting with Fast and Furious? Or maybe Bengazi?

He is a lying POS.
    The people who re-elected him care about neither F&F nor Bengazi.
    Last edited by Mike1956; February 13th, 2013 at 11:08 AM.
    8th ID likes this.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Quote Originally Posted by acepilot View Post
    I'm not his biggest fan after he says making ILLEGALS legal without them having to do it by legal means is the thing to do. If they want in, they can do it the LEGAL way like my ancestors had to do it.

I can't think of ANYONE in the Repub Party to run in '16.
    Agreed...one of my best friends married a woman from the Philippines several years ago. She went thru the legal process, learned about our laws, all the presidents,ect...and became natuarlized. She is so hacked off about this upcoming policy, she did it the correct way and now millions are going to get a free pass, nothing "fair" about that.
    The wise man looks for ways to minimize mistakes, a fool boasts it will never happened to him.

"The problem is not the availability of guns, it is the availability of morons."
    - Antonio Meloni

VIP Member

State of the Union

We deserve a vote but my vote has been watered down
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

Didn't watch the speech, but instead, in honor of it, I went and sat on the 'throne'...

:)
    msgt/ret likes this.

the real issue is he's getitng voters that water it down

i.e. Give me a free Cell phone, Free health care, Feed me, give me goverment housing,etc... Hell I might vote for him, except I like to earn what I get.

Quote Originally Posted by 68blackbird View Post
    I predict in 4 years the voters who voted for him will all be wanting Congress to change the laws so they can elect him again.
    "If you only knew the power of the dark side!" - Darth Vader

Quote Originally Posted by TxCommish View Post
    I predict in 4 years the voters who voted for him will all be wanting Congress to change the laws so they can elect him again.
    Scary thought. I know his cronies are looking for way to toss out the 22nd amendment. If this clown gets a 3rd term Im out of here.

I didnt watch the SOTU, I can only handle so much BS in one day and I was well over my limit before I got home from work. I did catch the " synopsis" of it this morning. This guys gotta go...Rubio or Cruz need to oust the democrats in 2016. I cant take much more of this crap.

Jeff

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    Did not watch the speech and can't wait to see the % of viewers. I did watch Rubio's speech and Fox's critique of both.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Adrjunkie View Post
    Has anyone else been watching Rubio's republican response? I think he delivered a much better speech than POTUS
    Agreed
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." --Benjamin Franklin

"Ignorance can be treated with education, sadly there is no cure for stupidity."

I watch BO's, Rubio's & Rand Pauls. ---- know your enemy & know your friends.

Rand Paul had a good speech also. I think it was on CNN (did not watch that), but Greta Wire reran the speech on her web blog.

Also much better than BO's
    Ten Bears: It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links