State of the Union

This is a discussion on State of the Union within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I don't know of anybody that can stand in front of a crowd and cameras and lie as casually and nonchalantly as our president does. ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree114Likes

Thread: State of the Union

I don't know of anybody that can stand in front of a crowd and cameras and lie as casually and nonchalantly as our president does. It's disgusting and I'll leave it at that...
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." --Benjamin Franklin

"Ignorance can be treated with education, sadly there is no cure for stupidity."

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    What about when he was talking about working with the Justice Dept on other legislation and being more " transparent"?

Yeah, whatever, like starting with Fast and Furious? Or maybe Bengazi?

He is a lying POS.
    Exactly. The people who voted him in do not care about the men who died in Benghazi or down on the border either. And the prez cares about no one-our veterans or the 500+ who were killed in his hometown. It's all about control and staying in power as long as possible. My guns are mine...never know when I'm gonna need them.
    SOLD my guns.
    Proud owner of a 12lb. Chinese pug that is DANGEROUS and is soon to be registered!

That "who deserves a vote" line made me want to gag. Really? As if certain people are prevented from voting? That's how you make an instant oppressed minority. Just create the impression that some people aren't treated fairly and, thanks to our PC awareness, everyone is supposed to fall over themselves to give them special treatment.
    Never get out of the boat....

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjr_Fail View Post
    I don't know of anybody that can stand in front of a crowd and cameras and lie as casually and nonchalantly as our president does. It's disgusting and I'll leave it at that...
    I want to "like" your post but I just can't. I will just have to say I agree with you.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    The President has demonstrated he can "talk the talk," but I've seen no indication he can "walk the walk." Great orator, little substance. A true leader would not rely on using the poor victims to get a point across, he'd get it done.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by jhoff310 View Post
    Scary thought. I know his cronies are looking for way to toss out the 22nd amendment. If this clown gets a 3rd term Im out of here.

I didnt watch the SOTU, I can only handle so much BS in one day and I was well over my limit before I got home from work. I did catch the " synopsis" of it this morning. This guys gotta go...Rubio or Cruz need to oust the democrats in 2016. I cant take much more of this crap.

Jeff
    HJ Res 15 was submitted on Jan 04 to repeal the 22nd amendment.

After further review, it appears that a resolution to repeal the 22nd is submitted by every new session of congress.

Quote Originally Posted by acepilot View Post
    I'm not his biggest fan after he says making ILLEGALS legal without them having to do it by legal means is the thing to do. If they want in, they can do it the LEGAL way like my ancestors had to do it.

I can't think of ANYONE in the Repub Party to run in '16.
    My wife thinks we all are here illegaly LOL (Native American)
    msgt/ret likes this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

VIP Member
    msgt/ret, phreddy and SigPapa226 like this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    Todays Gallup:

National defense - 53% Approve, 44% Disapprove
    Foreign affairs - 46% Approve, 48% Disapprove
    Immigration - 46% Approve, 48% Disapprove
    Energy policy - 44% Approve, 46% Disapprove
    Gun policy - 42% Approve, 54% Disapprove
    Taxes - 41% Approve, 57% Disapprove
    the economy - 39% Approve, 60% Disapprove
    Middle East: Israelis/Palestinians - 36% Approve, 55% Disapprove
    The federal budget deficit - 31% Approve, 65% Disapprove

All that (well deserved) Disapproval and the clown got re elected. Go figure...I sure can't.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by Weeg View Post
    Didn't watch the speech, but instead, in honor of it, I went and sat on the 'throne'...

:)

I am sure your "endeavor" was more satisfying, more productive and less painful than watching it.
    msgt/ret and Mjr_Fail like this.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Obama actually said 1 thing I agree with!!!

"Defending our freedom, though, is not just the job of our military alone. We must ALL do our part to make sure our God given rights are protected here at home."

I agree that when our God given rights are denied we are abandoning our ideals. This includes our RIGHT TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS!!!!!!!!!

We must all do our part to protect ALL of our rights by continuing to write our legislators and representatives and insist that the current propaganda and efforts to enact these unconstitutional laws infringing upon our 2A rights are stopped!!!

Now that I have exercised my first amendment right to say this, I expect a drone attack to snuff me out without any due process at any moment.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links