State of the Union

This is a discussion on State of the Union within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Still talking about military weapons and hi-cap mags; but not near as much time spent on it as I thought was going to be. The ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree114Likes

Thread: State of the Union

State of the Union

Still talking about military weapons and hi-cap mags; but not near as much time spent on it as I thought was going to be. The push seems to have shifted to actually get some bills voted on - gear up the presses and phones.

I swear for most of the speech I didn't know what was going to happen first, Boehner biting his tongue off or flat out slapping Obama.

2. Remove Ads

I almost threw up in my mouth. Pitiful.
    bigsky109 likes this.
    " But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself... Baa." Col. Dave Grossman on Sheep and Sheepdogs.

That was like watching a High school pep-rally. uggggg
    afojc and surefire7 like this.
    My EDC G27 gen. 4
    Favorite range gun G23 gen. 3

NRA Life Member

I'll tell you who else "deserves a vote"; the thousands of people who defend themselves and others with what he would like to see banned and don't rely on criminals obeying signs and following laws.

Senior Moderator
    The President continues to stimulate the economies of gun manufacturers... more so than any man alive.

Good Job Mr. President!
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

State of the Union

And just when I thought ammo was getting easier to find, dang it. He just set it back again.

State of the Union

Has anyone else been watching Rubio's republican response? I think he delivered a much better speech than POTUS

VIP Member
    Knew it would be longer than two words (I Resign) so did not watch.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar
    I know one thing for sure. If the Republican party doesn't nominate Rubio for President in 2016, I'll write them off forever.
    Alex_C and afojc like this.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    I haven't watch a SOTU address sice Bush was in office. If the president walked up to the podium and uttered a particular four-letter word, that would pretty much cover it for me.
    AngryBadger417 likes this.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

State of the Union

Quote Originally Posted by SpringerXD View Post
    I know one thing for sure. If the Republican party doesn't nominate Rubio for President in 2016, I'll write them off forever.
    +1.

VIP Member
    NBC gushed over his gun hectoring. I thought he came off lame with it.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Charles Krauthammer noted moderate senate democrats from Red states had increasing heartburn with this insistence on a vote. They're counting on Reid finding ways to shield them from such voting. Fox also did an interactive response with Bing on line. The graph bottomed out when the president was doing his anti-gun thing. I don't think he helped his cause much with this rant.

PC
    surefire7 likes this.

The good news.

The Fox News & Bing real-time polling/voting showed that the lowest rating of the entire speech came when he was talking about Gun Control. Republicans & Independents had him rated very low for gun control & the democratic vote also dropped when he talked about gun control. Men disapproved slightly more than women, but not by much. They both hit the low point for the speech. Gun Control was the lowest/ most disapproved portion of his entire speech.

State Of The Union - Bing Politics
    surefire7 likes this.
    Ten Bears: It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men.

I did not watch this speech as I was not interested in anything BHO was going to say.
    I'll find out during the course of the next few days after his words go through the septic field filters.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links