NRA exposes DOJ gun confiscation memo

This is a discussion on NRA exposes DOJ gun confiscation memo within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by SCXDm9 Mr. Obama, since I know people with guns... I have a question. How can the government "buy back" their guns when ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: NRA exposes DOJ gun confiscation memo

Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SCXDm9 View Post
    Mr. Obama, since I know people with guns... I have a question. How can the government "buy back" their guns when they did not "buy" their guns from you?

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
    It's simple. Since they "gave" us the right to hunt via the 2nd Amendment, they're just taking it back, that's all.

But all insanity aside, there are probably geniuses out there as I type this who actually think that.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    My gosh, you guys are all so alarmist. Our dear leader doesn't want to confiscate any guns; just ask him, he'll tell you that he doesn't want to take any guns. He believes in the Second Amendment... Just reasonably restricted, that's all. It's reasonable, after all and don't forget, it's for the children.

NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

I'd like to be at the buy back, just like they did up in the northwest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    docdozer likes this.
    Yoda, I am, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaniir View Post
    I agree completely. I just think that the anti-gun crowd gains ammunition when we have the NRA releasing misleading ads.

The pro-second amendment crowd doesn't need dishonesty to win. We have the Constitution on our side.
    Yes, but they have stupidity and complacency on their side, and that seems to trump the Constitution and Liberty.
    There's something happening here
    What it is ain't exactly clear
    There's a man with a gun over there
    Telling me I got to beware

Quote Originally Posted by phreddy View Post
    How about this little nugget:

So it is OK because even though the same number of people as before are dying by guns, they are not dying together?
    Or the stats that REALLY matter on Australia.

Accidental gun deaths are 300% higher than the pre-1997 ban rate

The assault rate has increased 800% since 1991, and increased 200% since the 1997 gun ban.

Robbery and armed robbery have increase 20% from the pre-97 ban rate.

From immediately after the ban was instituted in 1997 through 2002, the robbery and armed robbery rate was up 200% over the pre-ban rates.

In the state of Victoria alone, homicides with firearms are now up 171 percent
    Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    My gosh, you guys are all so alarmist. Our dear leader doesn't want to confiscate any guns; just ask him, he'll tell you that he doesn't want to take any guns. He believes in the Second Amendment... Just reasonably restricted, that's all. It's reasonable, after all and don't forget, it's for the children.

For the children eh? I want my guns to protect the children.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

Quote Originally Posted by docdozer View Post
    Yes, but they have stupidity and complacency on their side, and that seems to trump the Constitution and Liberty.
    Yes, these are the ultimate trump cards in the universe.

Let me just make two comments:

1) You give those gun grabbers the slightest inch and they will take a mile.

2) You allow them to destroy our 2nd Amendment and you might as well sign over all the other ones too because without your right to bear arms you are at the Obama monarchy's bidding.

On a lighter note they don't have the guts or the manpower to take back our guns. They forget a of law-abidding gun owners are the retired brave men and women who fought and served for the people of this country. Our military will never go after its own. Keep in mind the military has vowed to protect the citizens and our Constitution from enemies both here and abroad. God bless our military men and women and God bless the USA.

I would rather die on my feet then live on my knees!

Jason

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links