NRA exposes DOJ gun confiscation memo

This is a discussion on NRA exposes DOJ gun confiscation memo within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I'm editing the original post to conform to forum rules: NRA exposes DOJ gun confiscation memo*|*American Vision News NRA exposes DOJ gun confiscation memo by ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: NRA exposes DOJ gun confiscation memo

I'm editing the original post to conform to forum rules:

NRA exposes DOJ gun confiscation memo*|*American Vision News

by Joel McDurmon on Feb 13, 2013

"The National Rifle Association just released a new video which charges that President Obmama’s true motives in regards to gun control revolve around mandatory gun-buy-backs and references this document published by the National Institute of Justice dated January 4, 2013."

Basically, the memo says that "...a gun ban, like the one being debated right now in Congress, will not work without a mandatory gun buyback, and “universal” background checks will not work without requiring gun registration."

Please see this NRA-ILA pdf for the NIJ memo....

http://www.nraila.org/media/10883516...olicy-memo.pdf

Here is their video:

Ask Obama's Experts - YouTube
    Last edited by loach; February 13th, 2013 at 11:38 AM.

2. Remove Ads

They would really start something if they tried that.

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    How about this little nugget:
    The 1997 Australian gun buyback was massive in scale and, while it appears to have had no effect on gun homicide, Australia has had no mass shootings since the ban was put in place.
    So it is OK because even though the same number of people as before are dying by guns, they are not dying together?

I have read the memo shown in the NRA ad and no where does the memo say "mandatory gun buyback." In fact, the word 'mandatory' isn't in the memo at all. I wonder what other information the NRA is using to come to the conclusion that Obama's experts are suggesting that gun confiscation is the only answer as this ad implies? And why not include this information in the ad?

While I completely agree with those that think Obama wants gun control that would violate the 2nd amendment, I think misleading ads by the NRA are counter-productive to the pro-2nd amendment crowd's cause.
    gregnsc likes this.

IMO................it is what it is........a violation of the US Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by xXxplosive View Post
    Or more precisely... YET ANOTHER violation of the US constitution.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

I agree completely. I just think that the anti-gun crowd gains ammunition when we have the NRA releasing misleading ads.

The pro-second amendment crowd doesn't need dishonesty to win. We have the Constitution on our side.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaniir View Post
    I have read the memo shown in the NRA ad and no where does the memo say "mandatory gun buyback." In fact, the word 'mandatory' isn't in the memo at all. I wonder what other information the NRA is using to come to the conclusion that Obama's experts are suggesting that gun confiscation is the only answer as this ad implies? And why not include this information in the ad?

While I completely agree with those that think Obama wants gun control that would violate the 2nd amendment, I think misleading ads by the NRA are counter-productive to the pro-2nd amendment crowd's cause.
    And what have you seen from his administration that makes you think otherwise?
    Ghost1958 and Flatline74 like this.
    Who is John Galt?

Sometimes there's justice, sometimes there's just us...

This only verifies what WE all knew already. It is all Incrementalism towards a known final agenda. Take guns away from the US Citizens.

We can show this to the anti-gun crowd, and they'll simply agree with it and applaud it.

Kind of makes you throw up a little bit in your mouth doesn't it?
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

What in the h e double hockey sticks?
    Springfield 1911
    Windham AR SRC
    Kel-Tec P3AT
    Walther P22

Interesting. I re-read the NIJ paper again taking the point of view that you propose...mandatory gun buyback. I think there is another way to look at it. The NRA is saying that given what the NIJ paper says about effectiveness of various methods (or complete lack of effectiveness), the only way for the administration to possibly accomplish the goals that we know they are pursuing would be with a mandatory buyback, or actually a combination of mandatory, draconian and unconstitutional actions.

Distinguished Member Array SCXDm9's Avatar

Re: NRA exposes DOJ gun confiscation memo

With the coming required gun buy back, it saddens me that I don't own any guns to sell back. I so wish I could help our president make our nation safer.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
    PAPADALE1 likes this.
    Friends don't let friends wear fanny packs!!!

Open carry is to a handgun as bluetooth is to a cell phone!

Distinguished Member Array SCXDm9's Avatar

Re: NRA exposes DOJ gun confiscation memo

Mr. Obama, since I know people with guns... I have a question. How can the government "buy back" their guns when they did not "buy" their guns from you?

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
    Friends don't let friends wear fanny packs!!!

Open carry is to a handgun as bluetooth is to a cell phone!

Distinguished Member Array Exacto's Avatar
    The Constitution doesn't mean a thing to Obama. Let's face it, we have a dictator.
    PAPADALE1 and Ghost1958 like this.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunder bolt...... Sun Tzu.

The supreme art of war is to defeat the enemy without fighting........ Sun Tzu.

I hope they do try to buy back guns, I'll stand outside and offer them 300 whole dollars for that new glock instead of 200
    Say 'what' again! I dare you! I double dare you!-Jules Winnfield aka Samuel L Jackson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links