S&W Creates Convenient Way To Express Support For Gun Rights

This is a discussion on S&W Creates Convenient Way To Express Support For Gun Rights within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I used it this morning. This looks like another good tool for contacting everyone from the President on down to your state representative. 2nd Amendment ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: S&W Creates Convenient Way To Express Support For Gun Rights

I used it this morning. This looks like another good tool for contacting everyone from the President on down to your state representative.

2nd Amendment Under Fire

Gun manufacturer Smith & Wesson has joined Sturm, Ruger & Co. in making it easy for citizens to contact the political class and remind them to stand up for the 2nd Amendment.

S&W has set up a Web page so that anyone can choose to either click on a link to send a prepared message to each of his representatives (the President, Vice President, U.S. Senators and Representative, Governor, Lieutenant Governor, Attorney General, State Senator and Representative) or select another link to find how to contact each one individually in order to send an original message. More

S&W Web Page: Preserving America's Rights - Smith & Wesson
    Ten Bears: It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men.

2. Remove Ads

It works, I did this a few days back. Ruger also has a similar program on their website.
    EDC: M&P 9*2
    PHIL.4:13

NRA

This is VERY quick and easy to do. Everyone on this site should use this tool.

Sent to all my state representatives and the like. Better than the Ruger one only because it works on android.

Done and done.

Done and sent.
    "As a strong supporter of our 2nd Amendment rights, I believe tougher enforcement of our nation's existing gun laws must be done before any more laws are enacted and put on the books."
    Jeff Miller

Thanks for posting this!
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Done again
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

I got this done!!!
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Done.

But I will say that most of the time these sort of things get looked at by staff and/or some auto-responder. I wish I had kept all the "form" responses I've received back over the years.

It's always best to make a phone, office visit or a handwritten letter.

I also got a package in the mail today from the NRA with little pre addressed postcards to hand out so others can fill them out and send them in.

The more the better regardless of what acknowledgement comes back I reckon.

Distinguished Member Array shadowwalker's Avatar
    DONE

Quote Originally Posted by RookWV View Post
    Done.

But I will say that most of the time these sort of things get looked at by staff and/or some auto-responder. I wish I had kept all the "form" responses I've received back over the years.

It's always best to make a phone, office visit or a handwritten letter.

I also got a package in the mail today from the NRA with little pre addressed postcards to hand out so others can fill them out and send them in.

The more the better regardless of what acknowledgement comes back I reckon.
    All the different forms of contact are looked at. The staffers separate them into the issue and support/oppose. I've forgotten the rule of thumb they use, but they know that only a certain percentage of people will write in on any given issue. So, they assume that every contact represents X number of people and can tell the Representative/Senator how a particular issue is trending. (A buddy got this info from our Congressman's staff last year.) So keep sending in the cards and emails!
    RookWV likes this.

Good info!! Thanks!

If Colorado is any indication your state reps are not going to listen anyway. If the democrats are in control they're getting their marching orders from Washington and the agenda is to ram thru whatever they can.

I've used the Ruger site several times and emailed each committee rep individually and ONLY two replies, one from a republican who supports the 2nd amendment.

The unconstitutional legislation in Colorado has passed out of committee and will be debated on the floor Friday. But I can tell the democrats have an agenda and aren't listening if you disagree.

Holy crap, look at this response from a state legislator here...

I completely agree. I am a strong supporter of the Second Amendment, which I believe was placed in the Constitution to secure our liberty as well as to
    enable individuals to protect themselves and their families from violence. It is my opinion that the liberal left is using events like Newtown and
    purposely ignoring the numerous situations where individuals have used their legal firearms to protect themselves from violence (especially situations
    where the defender could not have physically resisted their much larger, stronger assailant any other way) in order to advance their agenda of
    general disarmament. Personally, I do not believe that this agenda has anything to do with stopping crime. I sincerely believe that the objective
    is to give the government a "monopoly on the use of force", which the left believes is necessary to advance the rest of their radical agenda. Mao Tse
    Tung, the psychopathic leftist Chinese dictator who slaughtered tens of millions of his own citizens, once said that power grows out of the barrel
    of a gun. Well, so does freedom.

Remember, the social contract theory of government upon which ours was established maintains that legitimate government exists only as long as it
    honors its side of an implied contract with the governed. The government's side of the bargain is to respect certain inalienable rights which were
    endowed by our creator. Thus, a social contract theory maintains that our liberties existed prior to the creation of any government, so the government
    did not create or grant the rights we enjoy. Rather, government must respect those pre-existing rights in order to retain its legitimacy as such.
    The Bill of Rights, when viewed through this lens, is not a document that gives us our rights (we already had them), but it is rather the document
    that legitimizes our government. When the government ignores our rights as described but not created by that document, it loses its legitimacy and
    should be undone. Never forget that without the Bill of Rights several states would have never ratified the Constitution that CREATED the Federal
    Government, and so that institution would never have been established on this continent without that language.

Our founding fathers recognized that as a practical matter government could not be counted on to honor individual rights. Government neither created
    nor granted our rights (for then they would not be rights but mere privileges - such as the "privilege" rather than the right to life itself),
    and so the people would always be left with the responsibility of securing them for themselves. Thus, the right of the people to keep and bear arms
    was not to be abridged in any way. I would invite you to read the Second Amendment very carefully. In the beautiful, succinct language of the
    eighteenth century it states not only that you have this right but why you have it.

Incidentally, while I agree that we need to put more emphasis on mental health issues, I would also urge caution in this area as well. Remember
    that there are legal mechanisms that allow the state to deprive a person deemed mentally incompetent of many of their rights without a trial. The
    psychiatric community in this country recognizes more than 10,000 different mental health conditions that can be regarded as impairments, and many of
    these rely on very subjective evaluations by the attending psychiatrist or psychologist. That is why the insurance community is very reluctant to
    provide mental health coverage through their policies (it is a very broad and open-ended obligation since almost anyone could be diagnosed with a
    mental health condition at any time and the diagnosis is nothing more than the OPINION of the physician who is being paid for the treatment). The
    ambiguity of mental health definitions and diagnoses could be deployed by the state to deprive you of your rights as well. In fact, in communist
    countries the state often simply decided that its enemies were "insane" and required "reeducation" when they disagreed with the official view on world
    affairs. The emergence of "political correctness" in daily speech in this country is a strong indicator that our left would try to define their
    ideological opponents as clinically mentally incompetent if they could do so. The AMA already has a very leftist official opinion on guns and the
    Obama administration wants to inlcude your gun ownership status in your "medical" records. So, be careful with that as well.

Thank you for your concern about this matter. I recommend that you contact Senators Rockefeller and Manchin and Congressman Rahall about this very
    important matter. The legislation you are concerned about is being discussed at the Federal rather than the State level and those men are
    members of a political party whose national platform is strongly antagonistic to your Second Amendment rights. It is very important that
    they be constantly reminded about the sincere sentiments of those they represent in order to ensure that they do not fall under the influence of
    their party's leadership and ultimately betray their own constituents on this very important matter.

Ray Canterbury

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links