Legally carried firearm: vehicle search?

This is a discussion on Legally carried firearm: vehicle search? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by nontechguy Nowadays they just bring in the drug dog and wait for it to "alert", then they have "probable cause" to search. ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Legally carried firearm: vehicle search?

Quote Originally Posted by nontechguy View Post
    Nowadays they just bring in the drug dog and wait for it to "alert", then they have "probable cause" to search. Yeah, it's gotten that bad. And when you consider the high percentage of US currency that has traces of cocaine, there is a good chance the dog might actually alert to your pocket.
    These searches have gone both ways on appeal.

If im outside the vehicle and the dog alerts on me im not the vehicle. So what if the dog alerts? They search and assuming they dont find anything or plant anything thats going to be a bit hard to explain in court for them as to why the dog did alert with nothing there.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array palmcoaster's Avatar
    One of the benefits you have should you be pulled over(as a cwp holder) is the fact that if you furnish the card,Leo staff understand that you have not been in any trouble or wouldn't have the permit in the first place. Vehicle search would not be probable.my buddy got pulled over recently and the only thing he wanted was to secure the firearm while he ran registration

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links