Forensic scientist for the Bridgeport, Conn. Police Department: on Bans

This is a discussion on Forensic scientist for the Bridgeport, Conn. Police Department: on Bans within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; The forensic scientist for the Bridgeport, Conn. Police Department sharply criticized the proposed 'assault weapon' and high-capacity magazine bans and pointed out the small number ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Forensic scientist for the Bridgeport, Conn. Police Department: on Bans

VIP Member

Thumbs up Forensic scientist for the Bridgeport, Conn. Police Department: on Bans

The forensic scientist for the Bridgeport, Conn. Police Department sharply criticized the proposed 'assault weapon' and high-capacity magazine bans and pointed out the small number of crimes committed by high-capacity weapons.

http://www.cga.ct.gov/asaferconnecti...20Robinson.PDF

Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Good on him.

An Honest & courageous man to speak up in today's times.
    Cory1022 and BugDude like this.
    Ten Bears: It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men.

VIP Member
    A ray of light shining through in the way of common sense.
    Real common sense, not that elusive "fuzzy" kind of "for the children" common sense emanating from Disney Land on the Potomac.
    Cory1022 likes this.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Science (from Latin scientia, meaning "knowledge") is a systematic enterprise that builds and organizes knowledge in the form of testable explanations and predictions.

The propaganda we have seen from the media and this administration is nothing more than simple-minded drama and theatrics.
    Cory1022 and 8th ID like this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Very nice letter. He put out factual information, backed up by his years of experience. What will the politicians do with this information? Nothing.
    Cory1022 likes this.

Distinguished Member
    Just remember when the next elections begin to vote these anti gun idiots out of office. Too many mindless politicians in our government. Nice to hear from an honest man unafraid of voiceing his opinion.
    airslot likes this.
    I shoot with a pistol and a Canon. We must all hang together amigos, or we will all hang separately. NRA life member.

Quote Originally Posted by oldnfat View Post
    Just remember when the next elections begin to vote these anti gun idiots out of office. Too many mindless politicians in our government. Nice to hear from an honest man unafraid of voicing his opinion.
    Get them out from local as well as national.
    8th ID likes this.
    NRA Patron Member
    GOA Life Member
    Never look down on anybody, unless you're helping them up.

Quote Originally Posted by pipedream View Post
    Get them out from local as well as national.
    You got that right! We need to be active in our own local and state politics as well as national.

he has balls for doing this, altho it wouldn't surprise me if he get fired as a result of political pressure on his bosses.
    “But now,” he said, “take your money and a traveler’s bag. And if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one!” Luke 22:36 (NLT)

Great letter but I had a question. The letter is addressede "Dear Sir or Madam". Was this a letter to a legislator? Letter to the editor? Other?

Senior Member Array BigCityChief's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DaveH View Post
    The forensic scientist for the Bridgeport, Conn. Police Department sharply criticized the proposed 'assault weapon' and high-capacity magazine bans and pointed out the small number of crimes committed by high-capacity weapons.

http://www.cga.ct.gov/asaferconnecti...20Robinson.PDF

An informed voice of reason in a sea of insanity - his approach to the gun control frenzy is one I'd like to see the NRA and the various State Pistol and Rifle Associations take.
    Retired LEO
    NRA Member

Bravo!

Senior Member Array palmcoaster's Avatar
    Common sense just makes good sense

MJK
    Good letter...thanks for posting the link! I have already sent it to my friends for further distribution.
    [T]he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people. ---Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

He is an independent forensic expert, not a full time police department employee. As a consultant he is more likely to get more work from this letter and runs no risk of being fired.

I applaud his efforts and am glad to see an Expert addressing this open letter and hope that it carries some weight with the right people.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links