Barack Obama & Wayne LaPierre - Page 2

Barack Obama & Wayne LaPierre

This is a discussion on Barack Obama & Wayne LaPierre within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Wayne LaPierre's manner of delivery and his use of hyperbole to make his point reinforces the notion that that pro-gun people are extremists and on ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Barack Obama & Wayne LaPierre

Wayne LaPierre's manner of delivery and his use of hyperbole to make his point reinforces the notion that that pro-gun
    people are extremists and on the fringe of society. Sorry, that is just how I see it. I agree that, to the extent that others (neutrals and antis) see Wayne and Ted Nugent as representative of gun owners, they hurt the cause. The NRA President is a much better spokesman.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fish View Post
    What I said was that he is a great spokesman for the gun control people.
    It has to be a tough job, and anyone can sit comfortably and use 20/20 hindsight and comment about what the NRA said or did. Criticism will abound by pro and anti people, it's a hot topic! Even if someone said exactly the right things and no matter how eloquently, someone else can twist it, exaggerate it, exploit their context or whatever.

Someone (anti or pro) will always be unhappy with something the NRA spokesman has to say or do.

Personally I think that the strength in the NRA and its membership has saved our firearms thus far. Without them I think we'd be greatly stifled.

I hear NRA criticism sometime, and true I might not always agree with them, but I suck it up, do my part by writing my legislators, joining pro-gun groups, and encouraging my family and friends to do the same. I AIN'T QUITTIN'
    Last edited by ppkheat; February 14th, 2013 at 06:26 PM.
    oneshot and msgt/ret like this.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

VIP Member
    NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    I remember quote gun people back in the 1990's saying that I was crazy and that guns would never be confisicated in America. Then Katrina happened...Guns where confiscated by american LE and Military.

I remember Obama and his supporters saying I was crazy that he would never ever go after guns and, I remember Obama himself saying that we need to enforce the laws that we already have not focus on new ones. Yet now his main goal is gun control.

I hear folks even gun owners say why does anybody need an AR-15 or an AK, yet I had a lady call me from a coffee shop in from Long Island--She started by saying she "Hated the NRA and guns" now she understands why we are here, and what owning a gun truely means. (she was defending her property after the devistation from Sandy)

There is something stirring and brewing in this country, there is an evil hiding that hasn't yet shown its evil face because it knows that it will be defeated. For the last 20 years it has lost every face to face battle it has ever tried. AFter 20 years it now knows it can not fight a convential wisdom war with freedom lovers. Its current strategy is divide gun owners into multiple catagories. Crazyies (AK/AR owners), and Hunters. This is the hardest battle we as gun owners will face. The battle against our own.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob99VMI04 View Post
    I remember quote gun people back in the 1990's saying that I was crazy and that guns would never be confisicated in America. Then Katrina happened...Guns where confiscated by american LE and Military.

I remember Obama and his supporters saying I was crazy that he would never ever go after guns and, I remember Obama himself saying that we need to enforce the laws that we already have not focus on new ones. Yet now his main goal is gun control.

I hear folks even gun owners say why does anybody need an AR-15 or an AK, yet I had a lady call me from a coffee shop in from Long Island--She started by saying she "Hated the NRA and guns" now she understands why we are here, and what owning a gun truely means. (she was defending her property after the devistation from Sandy)

There is something stirring and brewing in this country, there is an evil hiding that hasn't yet shown its evil face because it knows that it will be defeated. For the last 20 years it has lost every face to face battle it has ever tried. AFter 20 years it now knows it can not fight a convential wisdom war with freedom lovers. Its current strategy is divide gun owners into multiple catagories. Crazyies (AK/AR owners), and Hunters. This is the hardest battle we as gun owners will face. The battle against our own.
    This is so close to what I see happening...

There are many that were on the other side, who have seen guns taken away (Katrina) or seen property defense (Sandy or Koreatown), and are now on our side... "liberals who have been mugged," so to speak.

There are many "hunters" and those who support "the sport" from within our own ranks who are drinking the "common sense Koolaid."
    (there were quite a few of them at the onset of the last AWB as well).

I know in my heart that the current attempt to "control guns" is a scheme by which we will lose more and more rights (incrementation, if you will). And frankly, it may or may not be the real end goal (at this time) to confiscate all weapons as in AU or UK; but, one more tragedy, and that will come.

I do believe that the NRA, GOA, SAF, and all the state and local chapters of those and other 2nd amendment supporting groups, should band together, should spend money like water, to broadcast the facts to the public (not just the rank and file, not just the true believers, but EVERYBODY)... should offer that public the means by which to easily communicate with their representatives at Federal, State and local levels... Something like "Text 2A PLUS to 9769 to send your representatives an email in support of the 2nd Amendment and stop them from making law abiding citizens give up their rights."

And I believe that the poignant video of elderly woman (in NOLA after Katrina) being beaten and having her little .22 revolver taken from her should be broadcast every day... Not the edited NRA version, the original news video. With such a message (as above) to EASILY contact their representatives.

I believe that we should see videos on network tv of the law abiding citizens in AU and the UK telling us not to give up our rights... with the same message... "Text 2APLUS to...." To let your representatives know you won't stand for this in the Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave.

I believe we should show the videos of criminal prisoners saying they would think twice about attacking a target that might be armed... And show the same link.

I believe we should see videos of incarcerated criminals telling just how easy it is for them to get guns... and that that won't change with universal registration or background checks. And show the same link...

I think the same videos should be shown with a cel link that says "You deserve a vote!" Tell your congressmen to vote NO on AWB, for UBC, for Magazine limits... "text YES 2A to #XXXX"

And so on...

This is THE last battle for independence... And we need our leaders to pledge their lives, fortunes, and honor to the cause... Take all the money we have paid them over the years and apply it all (that still remains).... to this one battle... 'Cause once this one is lost.... to quote a famous coward.... "It's game over man! Game over!"

I have done all I could to tell my reps how I feel... I have written my local papers and my LTEs have been published as often as their rules allow. I have written to and called those who had opposing letters in the paper... I have talked to my co-workers, friends... My wife even asks me if all I think about is guns... And I told her "This is a second amendment issue... and once it falls they are all gone..." I have contributed money and ideas to NRA GOA SAF...

And in the end, this is what I expect to hear...

"We were able to get it all thrown out, except for the Universal Background Check...We did our best" And that statement will be the death knell for 2A rights in this country... I honestly pray I am wrong... And if I'm lucky, I'll be dead before the confiscations begin.... but they will, in time... how much time? I can only answer that with another question: "How many tragedies?" That's how it worked in AU and UK.... tragedies after registration... caused the final surrender of weapons.

LORD, I pray I'm wrong.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

VIP Member
    NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    This is THE last battle for independence... And we need our leaders to pledge their lives, fortunes, and honor to the cause... Take all the money we have paid them over the years and apply it all (that still remains).... to this one battle... 'Cause once this one is lost.... to quote a famous coward.... "It's game over man! Game over!"
    LORD, I pray I'm wrong.
    You are not wrong! This battle is for all the marbles, the other side has litterly shown its entire hand. The other side knows that if it gets nothing as a result of the tragedy there is a good chance they will never get anything. The other side is fighting 120% percent doing everything in their power to try and get just something. IF they can get something, in their minds they will always try and take more, take more, take more, take more (look at New York, Jersey, etc...) Federally this is a drop down hand to hand fight, both sides are afraid!
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

Just a further clarification;
    I was speaking of La Pierre personally and not the NRA as a whole.
    " Keep On Packin' On The Bimah"

Re: Barack Obama & Wayne LaPierre

Yes, but La Pierre "IS" the NRA. And so, his being in front of the cameras, and behind the NRA logo, means the NRA is speaking through him. And that is just the primary "face"of the problem...
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

How about the "emergency" session in NY state where they rammed through a bill that nobody read and made massive structur changes to our firearm laws. Does it sound like the healthcare bill at all at all.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    And in the end, this is what I expect to hear...

"We were able to get it all thrown out, except for the Universal Background Check...We did our best" And that statement will be the death knell for 2A rights in this country... I honestly pray I am wrong... And if I'm lucky, I'll be dead before the confiscations begin.... but they will, in time... how much time? I can only answer that with another question: "How many tragedies?" That's how it worked in AU and UK.... tragedies after registration... caused the final surrender of weapons.

LORD, I pray I'm wrong.
    Good point and I agree. I've been writing my legislators and my next batch of letters will clearly address the UBC. Keep writing and making noise.......the squeaky wheels get the grease.........encourage your family and friends to write a similar letter.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

When the nation collectively in shock at the Newtown massacre was caught up in the hysteria of gun and gun owner vilification, WLP stood there and bore the brunt of it on the chin defending EVERYONE's rights. And he continues to shoulder the barrage of Washington DC pressure against ALL of us. That's a pretty large order for any one person to fill. All things considered, I think he does pretty good. I'd love to see Ted Cruz be the next NRA front man. If you haven't watched him testify at the senate judiciary committee hearings, you should.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    When the nation collectively in shock at the Newtown massacre was caught up in the hysteria of gun and gun owner vilification, WLP stood there and bore the brunt of it on the chin defending EVERYONE's rights. And he continues to shoulder the barrage of Washington DC pressure against ALL of us. That's a pretty large order for any one person to fill. All things considered, I think he does pretty good. I'd love to see Ted Cruz be the next NRA front man. If you haven't watched him testify at the senate judiciary committee hearings, you should.
    Tough shoes to fill, no doubt... But get a viable spokesman to do it...
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

VIP Member
    Sorry you are way out there on this one.

We hang together or we will surely hang individually.
    cmdrdredd likes this.
    21 years and 21 days, United States Marine Corps.

The line of hard men willing to rain violence on our enemies so you can sleep warmly and safely in your bed at night continues. That's what we do. Semper fi.

NRA Life Member since 1972

I sure do miss Charlton Heston
    BugDude, cmdrdredd and Ghost1958 like this.
    NRA Benefactor Life Member
    GOA Life Member
    GeorgiaCarry.org Life Member
    Defender of the 2nd Amendment
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I do think they are doing what they can. They just don't do it in the ways you think they should. They are at the meetings when allowed to be, they have ears out everywhere. The real problem is so much is done in secret without anyone knowing and nobody being invited to listen or speak an opposing view. How do you work against that?

I'm frustrated but I am thankful every day for the NRA, GOA, 2A Foundation and all the other groups who are there fighting for me any way they can when I cannot be. I have done all I can. I've written so many times I lost count. There's not a whole lot any of us can really do individually. We don't have the money or resources alone. The NRA and other groups are our best hope.
    Chorizo and BugDude like this.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

I tire of this argument... I may very well be wrong about their best methodology...

But, in this, I don't believe myself wrong...

They (all the 2A groups) need to band together, and commit ALL their treasure, which members like yourself, and outside contributors like me, have given them over the years and decades, and all other funds in their coffers, and fight in every way possible to get the truth out to the GENERAL PUBLIC, make it easy for John Q. to make his voice heard, and bury the lawmakers in paper, emails, and phone calls... In addition to everything else they are doing.... UNTO THE VERY VERGE OF BANKRUPTCY.

We won't have any further use for those organizations if we do not win THIS Battle. Except perhaps, as historical foundations.

With locations to take our grand children to, in order that they might see how freemen, and citizens lived, once upon a time.
    Ghost1958 likes this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links