Missouri Democrats Introduce Legislation to Confiscate Firearms – Gives Gun Owners 90

This is a discussion on Missouri Democrats Introduce Legislation to Confiscate Firearms – Gives Gun Owners 90 within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; No...just...no You wouldn't happen to WANT to lose this battle would you? You're helping them with every keystroke. Remember, perception is everything. If they perceive ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree101Likes

Thread: Missouri Democrats Introduce Legislation to Confiscate Firearms – Gives Gun Owners 90

No...just...no

You wouldn't happen to WANT to lose this battle would you? You're helping them with every keystroke.

Remember, perception is everything. If they perceive you to be crazy it doesn't matter if you're right, have the best info, have all the answers, and can create world piece. You have to sell it. You're selling their case that gun owners are crazy, can't be trusted, are dangerous, and need to be regulated out of existence.
    Last edited by rocky; February 14th, 2013 at 10:44 PM. Reason: Remove deleted quote
    Crowbait likes this.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

2. Remove Ads

Missouri Democrats Introduce Legislation to Confiscate Firearms – Gives Gun Own

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrdredd View Post
    No...just...no

You wouldn't happen to WANT to lose this battle would you? You're helping them with every keystroke.
    That is such a load of crap! These trunk monkeys are doing what ever the hell they please with NO CONCERN for you or your rights, even as we speak!
    They are going to keep poking the bear until it bites them and I promise you this, they will regret it immensely once it happens!

Yeah, here's how we behave: We are polite. We write to our reps to "inform them" that they might want to "reconsider" their position.

Here's how THEY behave: They don't give a crap about anything you have to say. They smile as the lobbyists place that fat azz envelope into their hands.
    They pat you on the head and say "Don't worry, we'll take care of this for you".
    Then they spit in your face and pass whatever the hell they want to...

No... Sorry. This crap legislation is popping up in every major city. The goal is to disarm us all and they are doing their damnedest to see it happen. I am not going to be content with "being respectful" to these flesh bags that have proven they have zero respect for us.

The Republicans have veto proof majorities; they need to retaliate by passing every gun owners dream laws; constitutional carry, total state preemption of firearm laws, deleating all the state mandated criminal safety zones.........

At least you have the Republicans to (hopefully) block this crap; in Colorado the Dem-o-craps have both houses of the legislature and the governorship, we'er dead.
    CharlesMorri likes this.

No...just...no

Remember, perception is everything. If they perceive you to be crazy it doesn't matter if you're right, have the best info, have all the answers, and can create world piece. You have to sell it. You're selling their case that gun owners are crazy, can't be trusted, are dangerous, and need to be regulated out of existence.
    Political correctedness is overrated. Don't be afraid to speak how you really feel. Dr. Benjamin Carson explained this very well in the recent national prayer.

"And people walk away with their feelings on their shoulders waiting for you to say something, ah, did you hear that? The pc police are out in force at all times. I remember once I was talking about the difference between a human brain and a dog’s grain, and a man — and a dog’s brain, and a man got offended. You can’t talk about dogs like that. [laughter] People focus in on that, completely miss the point of what you’re saying. [laughter] And we’ve reached reach the point where people are afraid to actually talk about what they want to say because somebody might be offended. People are afraid to say Merry Christmas at Christmas time. Doesn’t matter whether the person you’re talking to is Jewish or, you know, whether they’re any religion. That’s a salutation, a greeting of goodwill. We’ve got to get over this sensitivity. You know, and it keeps people from saying what they really believe.
    -
    And that’s when I believe we begin to make progress. and one last thing about political correctness, which I think is a horrible thing, by the way. I’m very, very come — compassionate, and I’m not never out to offend anyone. But pc is dangerous. Because, you see, this country one of the founding principles was freedom of thought and freedom of expression. and it muffles people. It puts a muzzle on them. And at the same time, keeps people from discussing important issues while the fabric of this society is being changed. And we cannot fall for that trick. And what we need to do is start talking about things, talking about things that are important. "
    CharlesMorri, ksholder and Ransom like this.

Not people I voted for. Aren't these folks from the left side of the state? Those KC politicians are an uppity bunch.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Yeah, I could see NY/NJ, kinda surprised with CO, but MO .... wow, they reeaaalllllllly shouldn't have gone there. In this state, I think there's a lot better odds sumbody gonna wanna make sumbody pay for that feces.

Quote Originally Posted by 357and40 View Post
    Not people I voted for. Aren't these folks from the left side of the state? Those KC politicians are an uppity bunch.
    Try St. Louis.
    DPro.40 likes this.

It seems we are returning to the "Free" states and the "Slave" states again. Race has nothing to do with either of those "concepts" ..... nothing at all.

So, those States that believe in the Constitution and "freedoms" for the people,

vs

those that believe in the "slave" concept.... that they will tell the people of the state what "is best for them" , and freedom is not particularly high on the list. In Slave states, it's about "control" of the citizenry.

Afterall, it seems the same types of arguments about slavery are now being used about guns. "We will determine what's best for citizens and what they will be ALLOWED to do" , vs , "The constitution affords this rights to ALL people".

So, let's call it what it is.

So... New York, New Jersey, Illinois, DC, Calif, and possibly Minnesota, Colorado and Missouri want to be "Slave States" , but has yet to be totally set ...

Texas, Arizona, Utah, Wyoming, Utah, Montana, Oklahoma, Kansas, Georgia, and it seems like maybe Tennessee and Kentucky ... want to be Free States.

The big difference between this and the US in times prior to the Civil War is, that in this case the Free States will be the one's who citizens have the guns.

Does everyone realize....... that if enough STATES pass these types of laws and bans........ that they can then propose that ENOUGH of the Country would be in favor of changing the 2nd Amendment ? This is serious ... and these measures in these states should be taken seriously. Sure seems like they are getting real serious about trying to go State by State and drum up support for an eventual change to the 2nd amendment of the Constitution.
    CharlesMorri and Mjr_Fail like this.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Let's not be so quick to say "it won't pass"..... Many people on/off this forum believed the NY state bill wouldn't fly. The same is true concerning the now expired assault weapons ban.... Our fight is a never ending one....... We can never let out guard down since "they" will never stop trying to eventually take all weapons away from civilians.................
    Ghost1958 and Eagleks like this.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Re: Missouri Democrats Introduce Legislation to Confiscate Firearms

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesMorri View Post
    That is such a load of crap! These trunk monkeys are doing what ever the hell they please with NO CONCERN for you or your rights, even as we speak!
    They are going to keep poking the bear until it bites them and I promise you this, they will regret it immensely once it happens!

Yeah, here's how we behave: We are polite. We write to our reps to "inform them" that they might want to "reconsider" their position.

Here's how THEY behave: They don't give a crap about anything you have to say. They smile as the lobbyists place that fat azz envelope into their hands.
    They pat you on the head and say "Don't worry, we'll take care of this for you".
    Then they spit in your face and pass whatever the hell they want to...

No... Sorry. This crap legislation is popping up in every major city. The goal is to disarm us all and they are doing their damnedest to see it happen. I am not going to be content with "being respectful" to these flesh bags that have proven they have zero respect for us.
    And you sit there and say stuff like you are going to shoot them or threaten them it is no wonder they want you gone. You are helping their case. Period

So forgive me if I don't support you threatening people or telling others to threaten them on a forum. That is just as bad if not worse than anything they are doing or trying to do. If you want to prove to the fence sitters that have no stake in it that we are right, posting things like etching names in a bullet casing (which at least one murderer I know of has done) is absolutely 100% not the way to go about it.

Sent via telepathy on a Galaxy S3
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

And you sit there and say stuff like you are going to shoot them or threaten them it is no wonder they want you gone. You are helping their case. Period

So forgive me if I don't support you threatening people or telling others to threaten them on a forum. That is just as bad if not worse than anything they are doing or trying to do. If you want to prove to the fence sitters that have no stake in it that we are right, posting things like etching names in a bullet casing (which at least one murderer I know of has done) is absolutely 100% not the way to go about it.

Sent via telepathy on a Galaxy S3
    How's this for your "poll sitters"...
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360954078.836074.jpg
    This is my response. My weapons are guaranteed by the Constitution. I don't have to SWAY anyone. I don't have to kiss anyone's "azz" or beg or plead on my knees to be allowed to keep what I already own and which is guaranteed by a document that these retards in office can't comprehend.
    I also don't give a rats "azz" what YOU think is right or wrong when WE ALL are fighting for our RIGHTS!
    You wanna hold up a sign on a street corner begging for your right not to be taken is your problem, not mine.
    You know, everyone keeps saying to be polite to those dorks in office but I'm saying that this will come down to a fight alright.
    I just think they have a head start...
    Mjr_Fail and SpringerXD like this.

This is a piece of ****. It won't pass since the repubs control the house and senate. But even to propose such a bill is unconstitutional. If I lived there and it passed I'd be moving out of state ASAP.
    -Kel-Tec P3AT .380 w/ Crimson Trace Laserguard and Clip Extension (summer carry)
    -Kahr PM9 9mm w/ Crimson Trace Laserguard and Clip Extension (new summer carry)
    -Glock 27 .40 w/ Crimson Trace Laserguard and Clip Extension (winter carry)
    -Taurus PT945 .45 (more or less retired from carry)

Quote Originally Posted by dagored View Post
    Do they know or care this document exists?
    Obviously not... I still can't believe Americans keep voting these people into office.
    Spirit51 likes this.
    -Kel-Tec P3AT .380 w/ Crimson Trace Laserguard and Clip Extension (summer carry)
    -Kahr PM9 9mm w/ Crimson Trace Laserguard and Clip Extension (new summer carry)
    -Glock 27 .40 w/ Crimson Trace Laserguard and Clip Extension (winter carry)
    -Taurus PT945 .45 (more or less retired from carry)

Even if it hits the Gov's desk I don't think he'd sign it. There wouldn't be may Dem' s left as Nixon knows they'd be voted out first opportunity. Nixon is a country boy too and grew up in a rual area. I'm not saying he does or doesn't support confiscation but I can say he did support CCW in our state citing " it's the law of the land" and wouldn't repeal it despite the antis demands. Remember, Dems also own assult rifles. I hope my summation doesn't come back and bite me but I don't think it will happen.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
    Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by JrFreak View Post
    Obviously not... I still can't believe Americans keep voting these people into office.
    Unfortunately we still have to deal with some of these inner city freak representatives.
    Spirit51 likes this.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
    Ronald Reagan

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links