Missouri Democrats Introduce Legislation to Confiscate Firearms – Gives Gun Owners 90

This is a discussion on Missouri Democrats Introduce Legislation to Confiscate Firearms – Gives Gun Owners 90 within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2013...-turn-in-guns/ Missouri Democrats Introduce Legislation to Confiscate Firearms – Gives Gun Owners 90 Days to Turn in Weapons Missouri Democrats introduced an anti-gun bill which ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree101Likes

Thread: Missouri Democrats Introduce Legislation to Confiscate Firearms – Gives Gun Owners 90

Angry Missouri Democrats Introduce Legislation to Confiscate Firearms – Gives Gun Owners 90

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2013...-turn-in-guns/

Missouri Democrats Introduce Legislation to Confiscate Firearms – Gives Gun Owners 90 Days to Turn in Weapons

Missouri Democrats introduced an anti-gun bill which would turn law-abiding firearm owners into criminals. They will have 90 days to turn in their guns if the legislation is passed.

Dana Loesch Radio reported on the new legislation being pushed by Missouri Democrats:

Any person who, prior to the effective date of this law, was legally in possession of an assault weapon or large capacity magazine shall have ninety days from such effective date to do any of the following without being subject to prosecution.

Here’s part of the Democratic proposal in Missouri:

4. Any person who, prior to the effective date of this law, was legally in possession of an assault weapon or large capacity magazine shall have ninety days from such effective date to do any of the following without being subject to prosecution:

(1) Remove the assault weapon or large capacity magazine from the state of Missouri;

(2) Render the assault weapon permanently inoperable; or

(3) Surrender the assault weapon or large capacity magazine to the appropriate law enforcement agency for destruction, subject to specific agency regulations.

5. Unlawful manufacture, import, possession, purchase, sale, or transfer of an assault weapon or a large capacity magazine is a class C felony.
    Flatline74 likes this.

2. Remove Ads

This should be very exciting and well-received by the local CRIMINALS.

When this happens, Lucifer will be needing a winter coat.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I don't think it would get out of committee in MO, if that's the way their legislature works. I also doubt it would pass on the floor of both houses in MO.

That said, I would make certain, were I a "Show me state" resident... to help my fellow Missourians "show" these folks the door during the next election cycle:
    REPRESENTATIVES ELLINGER (Sponsor), SCHUPP, MCNEIL AND WALTON GRAY (Co-sponsors)
    All that said....
    It could be worse.

Let's see. Second amendment "the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." Fifth amendment "nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation."

Do they know or care this document exists?
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found raped and dead in an alley, strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker took two to the chest.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dagored View Post
    Let's see. Second amendment "the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." Fifth amendment "nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation."

Short answer - no.
    ksholder, darbo and msgt/ret like this.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

I cannot find polite words to describe how I feel about this. I've written my state rep about it. 'Nuf said.
    AR15VSCoyote likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dagored View Post

The right to keep and bear arms has already been infringed, in many ways.

WOW! Me thinks these elected officials don't want their jobs anymore?

Missouri???
    Bark'n, Spirit51 and jbum like this.
    Yoda, I am, yes.

The word "Treason" comes to mind!
    They can try, but I think their actions are those of Traitors to the American Constitution and should be run out of office on a rail!

Anyone know what the Missouri State Constitution says about the 2nd Amendment?
    What have you done to prepare for the end of civilization as we know it?

Quote Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
    I cannot find polite words to describe how I feel about this. I've written my state rep about it. 'Nuf said.
    I would assume your avatar accurately reflects how you are feeling.
    Ransom, pittypat21 and DPro.40 like this.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Way out of line! But, oh how the violent criminals are gearing up to take advantage.Think Id rather not comply!

Quote Originally Posted by Curt58 View Post
    The word "Treason" comes to mind!
    They can try, but I think their actions are those of Traitors to the American Constitution and should be run out of office on a rail!

Anyone know what the Missouri State Constitution says about the 2nd Amendment?
    The Missouri Constitution reads:
    Section 23. Right to keep and bear arms—exception.—That the right of every citizen to keep and bear arms in defense of his home, person and property, or when lawfully summoned in aid of the civil power, shall not be questioned; but this shall not justify the wearing of concealed weapons.
    That last part about CCW is interesting. However CCW is permitted by Missouri Statute 571. I guess they didn't want to imply concealed carry is unregulated.

I wrote to my representatives again today. They should have my email address memorized by now.
    BugDude and SpringerXD like this.

you know, I don't advocate physical assault on people to "teach them a lesson" however I do think it'd be a real wakeup call for some of these gungrabbing types to have a late night encounter with about a half dozen "mates" of the sort that infest parts of gun free UK just so they can see what the real meaning of assault is and to perhaps understand that without weapons the streets will belong to packs of muscular, feral, young men.
    CharlesMorri and surefire7 like this.

They do this from time to time. It's a real pain in the butt, and just goes to show, a freaking constant vigilance is what's needed to keep the gun grabbers from their insane notions.

I don't think that bill will go anywhere except the committee's trash can.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links