A Warning, especially to my friends here in Massachusetts

This is a discussion on A Warning, especially to my friends here in Massachusetts within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; What they fail to understand is that a weapon that holds 15 rounds normally is not high capacity, it is standard capacity. Hi capacity would ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: A Warning, especially to my friends here in Massachusetts

What they fail to understand is that a weapon that holds 15 rounds normally is not high capacity, it is standard capacity.
    Hi capacity would be 20 or 30 rounds for a weapon that NORMALLY holds 15 rounds.
    My M&P .40 comes with two STANDARD CAPACITY magazines. These magazines are STANDARD capacity, not "Hi Capacity".
    These tools in office need to find a new line of work, or a better education on firearms.

2. Remove Ads

Cory, I understand your frustration. I believe we are at a critical point in the history of this country and in fact in the history of the world. The more I read and learn about history ( ours and previous civilizations) the more concerned I become. The constitution was a contentious but well thought out and argued document that was an effort to keep power in the hands of the people. It has worked so well that we have had an incredible ride in this country and the last major internal threat was in 1860. Since then the last major world threat was in 1939 and not visibly that close to our shores. It has gone so well that most people have become complacent and believe that nothing can threaten the United States. The bulk of the people are no longer vigilant and in fact have no perspective as to what made the country stand out above all others. The people have been gradually lulled to sleep and we have perpetuated our own sense of superiority to the point that the country at large believes that the only threat to liberty is Al Quaida and the only threat to safety is the gun owner next door. The government is looking out for everyones well being. Didn't you get that memo? The second amendment is the silent amendment that stood guard over the constitution for the last 200 years. Because it has not been needed overtly most believe that it is un-necessary. After all, this is the USA. Our politicians have only our best interest in mind.

As you know, it is far more complex than that. I don't know what the best solution or course of action is to secure the freedom and liberty of our children is. I do know that power corrupts no matter who is involved. I do know that millions of people have fought for freedom and lost their lives for us and our children. I know that in the face of certain defeat and annihilation the British and (eventually) the Americans stood up and fought back. For whatever reason the words of Churchill have always rung true in my head: Never give in. Never Never Never
    Winston Churchill "Never Give In" - YouTube

I am truly concerned about the future of the Republic. Even my father, a navy veteran of the Korean war doesn't understand why we need the Second Amendment. One of my 3 brothers doesn't think anyone needs firearms and another doesn't see why we need worry beyond hunting. The lessons of the second world war are now beyond the immediate comprehension of most americans and no one seems to know about Bosnia let alone the long standing struggle of the people in the Middle East. Even the founders of this country are now being portrayed as domestic terrorists in some school lessons.

I am starting to rant excessively so I will stop, but I thing that we have to stand up and speak out now more than ever. How history looks back at this time will depend on us. " So this is how liberty dies - with Thunderous Applause...." This is how liberty dies - YouTube

Off my soap box.
    There's something happening here
    What it is ain't exactly clear
    There's a man with a gun over there
    Telling me I got to beware

I plan on attending a meeting being held by Rep. Tierney on "gun violence" here in MA. Not that I think anything good will come from it but as a member of GOAL I want to be there to support my local group. Hope there is a good turn out.
    “Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln

Can a town and a selectmen enact such a law? Seems like state or federal law would be the one to follow. In court, if challenged, would they loose? Of course they will spend lots of your tax dollars to find out . I left MA shortly after Deval Patrick was elected Gov and have not been back in 6 years. I thank heaven everyday for SC.
    (4) Springfield Armory XD-40 Sub Compact
    (1) Ruger LC9
    NRA Member

"Molon labe" "From my cold dead hands"

Move to Florida. You can wear a gun of your choice while not shoveling in January.
    CharlesMorri likes this.

Id move. Or turn in my guns BULLETS FIRST!!!!!!
    CharlesMorri likes this.

Re: A Warning, especially to my friends here in Massachusetts

Quote Originally Posted by docdozer View Post
    Cory, I understand your frustration. I believe we are at a critical point in the history of this country and in fact in the history of the world. The more I read and learn about history ( ours and previous civilizations) the more concerned I become. The constitution was a contentious but well thought out and argued document that was an effort to keep power in the hands of the people. It has worked so well that we have had an incredible ride in this country and the last major internal threat was in 1860. Since then the last major world threat was in 1939 and not visibly that close to our shores. It has gone so well that most people have become complacent and believe that nothing can threaten the United States. The bulk of the people are no longer vigilant and in fact have no perspective as to what made the country stand out above all others. The people have been gradually lulled to sleep and we have perpetuated our own sense of superiority to the point that the country at large believes that the only threat to liberty is Al Quaida and the only threat to safety is the gun owner next door. The government is looking out for everyones well being. Didn't you get that memo? The second amendment is the silent amendment that stood guard over the constitution for the last 200 years. Because it has not been needed overtly most believe that it is un-necessary. After all, this is the USA. Our politicians have only our best interest in mind.

As you know, it is far more complex than that. I don't know what the best solution or course of action is to secure the freedom and liberty of our children is. I do know that power corrupts no matter who is involved. I do know that millions of people have fought for freedom and lost their lives for us and our children. I know that in the face of certain defeat and annihilation the British and (eventually) the Americans stood up and fought back. For whatever reason the words of Churchill have always rung true in my head: Never give in. Never Never Never
    Winston Churchill "Never Give In" - YouTube

I am truly concerned about the future of the Republic. Even my father, a navy veteran of the Korean war doesn't understand why we need the Second Amendment. One of my 3 brothers doesn't think anyone needs firearms and another doesn't see why we need worry beyond hunting. The lessons of the second world war are now beyond the immediate comprehension of most americans and no one seems to know about Bosnia let alone the long standing struggle of the people in the Middle East. Even the founders of this country are now being portrayed as domestic terrorists in some school lessons.

I am starting to rant excessively so I will stop, but I thing that we have to stand up and speak out now more than ever. How history looks back at this time will depend on us. " So this is how liberty dies - with Thunderous Applause...." This is how liberty dies - YouTube

Off my soap box.
    Your concerns are my own. Your fears for future generations, valid. Your concept of our history is pretty accurate in brevity...

While it was a previous President who said it, in this case, it's the truth... "I feel your pain"
    All that said....
    It could be worse.

Senior Member Array BigCityChief's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by docdozer View Post
    Wrong. Wrong attitude, wrong approach. If this happens it will gradually spread while you have your head in the sand thinking that you are safe. Before you know it, the wolf will be at your door, and you will no longer be able to defend yourself and you will wonder why no one is coming to your defense. The British are coming....
    An interesting assessment for someone who knows nothing about me. That said, you are most certainly entitled to your opinion. I've written all 535 sitting members of our legislature, key officials in the executive branch, state and local officials across New York - all in the hope that like minded citizens would do the same in great number. I'm less than impressed by what I've seen. There is no coordinated, unified strategy that appears to have emerged from the community that purportedly holds its 2nd Amendment rights dear. I see no problem with "voting with your feet" and contributing to the economic vitality and prosperity of a state that recognizes, and more importantly, protects those rights of its citizens that are ostensibly "guaranteed" by our Constitution.
    Cory1022 likes this.
    Retired LEO
    NRA Member

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links