Free NRA Membership

This is a discussion on Free NRA Membership within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Free NRA Membership for military, law enforcement, and first responders. If you are one of these then there isn't any excuse for not being a ...

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By Crowbait
  • 1 Post By John Luttrel
  • 2 Post By Diddle
  • 2 Post By Harryball
  • 1 Post By Fausty

Thread: Free NRA Membership

Thumbs up Free NRA Membership

Free NRA Membership for military, law enforcement, and first responders. If you are one of these then there isn't any excuse for not being a member now. It's quick and easy with a bunch of freebies provided.

https://signup.nralifeofduty.tv/
    A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government. --George Washington

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    The NRA continues to offer others what it won't offer me. Some serviceman on a 4-year hitch gets free membership and for my 20+ years I get a membership renewal letter in the mail every month.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    The NRA continues to offer others what it won't offer me. Some serviceman on a 4-year hitch gets free membership and for my 20+ years I get a membership renewal letter in the mail every month.
    I know OV, doesn't seem right to me either. In my mind you are military so, just sign up and see what happens. Only the first year is free anyway. But, maybe you can get a free year out of it. Take care.
    blitzburgh likes this.
    A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government. --George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Crowbait View Post
    I know OV, doesn't seem right to me either. In my mind you are military so, just sign up and see what happens. Only the first year is free anyway. But, maybe you can get a free year out of it. Take care.
    This is exactly what I did. Myself, like Oldvet, served 24 years on active duty and carry a military ID Card; we dedicated the best years of our lives to the service and we are as military as it gets.
    blitzburgh likes this.
    John Luttrell

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    This offer should be extended to all Military service people past and present regardless of current status.
    blitzburgh and SmokinFool like this.
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

I signed up for this due to my fire department service. I signed up on October 7th of last year. I still haven't received my membership packet. I've contacted them several times and each time I'm told its on its way. over 4 months later and it looks like I have to contact them again... ridiculous.

I just retired after 37 years of service. I'll admit I was looking to see if there was a free membership available for NRA. Then I got to thinking...what does the NRA really DO? Well, probably the biggest and most important thing right now is lobbying for our gun rights against monumental odds. Sending me free stuff and a sticker isn't going to help that cause, and in fact might hurt it. So I figure maybe it's time to pony up and toss a few bucks in the kitty. I already got enough free hats and t-shirts when I was active to last several lifetimes anyway.

Signed up, I'll see if I get my membership package. Been meaning to do this, however; this "offer" made it real easy. Thanks

Just wanted to say thank you to those of you who served.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

I am former Marine and am currently working at county 911 communications office as a telecommunicator. Wonder if that falls into first responder? Anyone have any insight?

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Whether you know it or not, a lot of people respect what you have done for our nation. A salute to you sir....
    palmgopher and Ghost1958 like this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Quote Originally Posted by Bluznvice View Post
    I just retired after 37 years of service. I'll admit I was looking to see if there was a free membership available for NRA. Then I got to thinking...what does the NRA really DO? Well, probably the biggest and most important thing right now is lobbying for our gun rights against monumental odds. Sending me free stuff and a sticker isn't going to help that cause, and in fact might hurt it. So I figure maybe it's time to pony up and toss a few bucks in the kitty. I already got enough free hats and t-shirts when I was active to last several lifetimes anyway.
    A free membership doesn't really cost the NRA anything, other than postage for all the mailings they put out, which seems to me is a waste of their funds. If others do as I did and give to the NRA-ILA and the PVF, then nothing is lost. In fact they will have more money to do their work than if they had just charged everybody for membership.

With the way the NRA rolled over on this last bill I doubt I would even take a free membership if they offered it to me next month when mine expires.
    Ghost1958 likes this.
    My metal band: Born under Sirius

Glock 23, mic holster, clipdraw, abdominal carry.

Done. That was way too easy. I feel like I'm getting scammed, it was that easy.....I probably am.
    I don't always carry two concealed S&W 500's.........JUST KIDDING!

Links