Live Colorado Debate in the House on the mag ban

This is a discussion on Live Colorado Debate in the House on the mag ban within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Colorado gun debate under way, leaders urge "respectful" debate - The Denver Post It's been a little choppy at times....the servers are probably getting crushed. ...

Like Tree8Likes
  • 3 Post By Rock and Glock
  • 1 Post By oakchas
  • 1 Post By luv_jeeps
  • 1 Post By wmhawth
  • 2 Post By luv_jeeps

Thread: Live Colorado Debate in the House on the mag ban

Live Colorado Debate in the House on the mag ban

Colorado gun debate under way, leaders urge "respectful" debate - The Denver Post

It's been a little choppy at times....the servers are probably getting crushed.
    Right now they're talking about an amendment that would let MagPul continue to make all their magazines, but still not sell the 30 rounders in Colorado....totally hypocritical.
    A lot of people are saying no deal. And Magpul is moving either way if this bill passes.

2. Remove Ads

I listened to most of the debate while working on stuff on a second monitor at work, and the people in favor didn't say anything that was revelant to the actual issue at all.
    It passed on a voice vote late this afternoon. The minority can call for a voice vote later today, or it will happen on Monday. There were at least a couple of rural democrats that opposed the bill.

They're discussing the 'making us pay for our background checks' bill now, which I think would be illegal....my own opinion. How can you make someone pay to exercise a right guaranteed by the state and US Constitution?

surefire7, Darrow75 and Poseidon like this.

Re: Live Colorado Debate in the House on the mag ban

I hope Magpul "sticks to their guns" and starts moving to warmer climes right away.
    soonershoote likes this.
    It could be worse.
    "The History of our Revolution will be one continued Lye from one end to the other."
    John Adams
    "A gun is kind of like a parachute. If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again".

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    I hope Magpul "sticks to their guns" and starts moving to warmer climes right away.
    Lots of prime manufacturing space available just down the road, here in Arizona, and it's a gun-friendly state.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

They are welcome to come to Kentucky.

Final vote Monday. Let's bury them in e-mails and calls!

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    Final vote Monday. Let's bury them in e-mails and calls!
    I have done all of this as usual......

My Wife and I made the decision to move from my home of 46 years to either South Dakota, Utah or Arizona if all of this crap passes. Sad.
    It might take us a year to get things ready, sell the house, etc but we have the resources.

Edit: all four bills passed on a voice vote.
    soonershoote likes this.

Well the Liberals are doing it. And I think ive figured out why all this at once. Every state that has had votes to pass something stupid concerning 2a has proposed and passed it. Some other democratically controlled states likely would but they know they cant get the votes to pass it so they havent.

But when obamy is pushing this crap, he can point to the states that have and say Already states, on their own, are passing these common sense measures. And if the NRA and other groups and the non libs aint real careful and steadfast the whole apple cart is going over with our hopes resting on one old supreme court justice to hand in long enough to throw it all out. God I hate this stuff.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

IMO all of this is BS. Criminals will still get guns, large capacity magazines and anything else deemed "Illegal" by legislators across the US. In Colorado, we'll lose companies like Magpul and others. The industry would lose jobs and Colorado would lose tax revenues and potentially citizens moving to other states. Over what? Enforcing what law abiding citizens can or can't purchase while the criminals march on laughing at the advantage they are left with because of our political system. If all this passes here in Colorado I will stand my ground. These laws are not in the spirit of the second amendment our founding fathers envisioned. Instead its simply leverage brought about by a new election year and several tragedies orchestrated by sick, opportunistic criminals. Gun control is not the answer, controlling criminals is. Don't these legislators understand that criminals don't play by any rules, don't abide by any laws? If they did, they wouldn't be criminals. Law abiding citizens with the legal right and moral fortitude of gun ownership and responsibility are not the problem. Period. I don't know the solution to the issues that we face today with gun violence, but I do know disarming or disadvantaging law abiding citizens is not the answer.

VIP Member
    Wouldn't surprise me if the people of CO staged a coup on the state house. If the people take over the state, they govern the Nat'l Guard. What would the Feds do???
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

So you're limited to 15-round magazines and must pay a tax for the mandatory background check when buying a firearm. It is suggested that this serves to restrict the availability of things that can ruin lives.

Now, which states recently legalised pot?

I think the lawmakers have been enjoying the wacky baccy themselves...

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_C View Post
    So you're limited to 15-round magazines and must pay a tax for the mandatory background check when buying a firearm. It is suggested that this serves to restrict the availability of things that can ruin lives.

Now, which states recently legalised pot?

I think the lawmakers have been enjoying the wacky baccy themselves...
    The irony sort of jumps out at you doesn't it.
    Sadly enough when Colorado really starts to resemble some west coast liberal haven the state will further become a magnet for fruit flies and the freak show will perpetuate itself. I'm ill.
    Rock and Glock likes this.

I don't find paying for a background check for a new gun a problem. If we're forced to register our guns and pay a background check for person-to-person sales...tell me how that will be enforced? Yes, Colorado legalized pot. I don't get that either. How that benefits our citizens and social endeavors I'll likely never understand.

Quote Originally Posted by ssmith3007 View Post
    I don't find paying for a background check for a new gun a problem. If we're forced to register our guns and pay a background check for person-to-person sales...tell me how that will be enforced? Yes, Colorado legalized pot. I don't get that either. How that benefits our citizens and social endeavors I'll likely never understand.

Keep in mind that the people of Colorado voted to legalize pot, but the draconian gun laws are only being voted on by the the douchbags in the capitol of
    Colorado.
    Rock and Glock and wmhawth like this.

Links