Reply from John McCain

Reply from John McCain

This is a discussion on Reply from John McCain within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Thank you for contacting my office regarding the tragic shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School, and its impact on federal gun legislation. I appreciate your ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Reply from John McCain

Reply from John McCain

Thank you for contacting my office regarding the tragic shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School, and its impact on federal gun legislation. I appreciate your taking the time to share your views with me.

As you know, on December 14, 2012, a mentally unstable gunman committed a senseless atrocity by murdering twenty students and six staff members at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newton, Connecticut. While many Americans continue to try to rationalize this tragedy it remains clear that the inhumane and depraved actions of this individual gunman appear to be motivated solely by his extremely disturbed mental state.

On January 16, 2013, President Obama and his administration introduced a twenty-three point plan which lays out both executive and legislative proposals that would attempt to prevent future violence. As the details of the President’s proposals become more clear, I look forward to reviewing them, and working with my colleagues to find sensible solutions that respect the Second Amendment but also help us prevent these type of horrific events from ever happening again.

While I am an unwavering supporter of the Second Amendment, please know that I will seriously consider all reasonable public safety legislation that comes before the Senate.

Thank you once again for contacting my office. Please do not hesitate to do so on this or any other issue of concern.

Sincerely,

John McCain

United States Senator

What he's basically saying is that he'll sacrifice our rights on the false altar of public safety.

I didn't expect anything less from him.
    rigel42, Pyzik, peckman28 and 3 others like this.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

He has publicly said he will not support any AWB or universal background legislation, but supports keeping firearms out of the hands of mentally ill people.

He is a moderate, but he is also a war hero who understands firearms. Keep at him. He is the type that needs to be reminded day in and day out that any compromise when it come to gun control is intolerable.
    oneshot likes this.

VIP Member
    He is a flip flopper.

We would have been marginally better off if he had won instead of O.

I wish, Walter Williams was younger, and willing to run, I'd vote for him in a nano-second.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Fence rider.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

He is a RINO.
    Ten Bears: It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men.

He forgot to start out, "Hello, My Friend"...

He reminds me of people who like to pat your back, not in congratulations...as you might think, but rather looking for the soft spot to stick the knife.
    Sig 210, NCSoxFan and peckman28 like this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

If you really look at his history, that he is a "war hero" is debatable. I wont go into it though its there for anyone to find if they want. A lot of Nam Vets here know what Im speaking of. Its a lot of the reason he didnt get the support from his base that the GOP thought he would when he ran for Pres.
    Fact is he is not to be trusted on any level regardless of what he says.
    lostone1413 likes this.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Like a fish out of water ; )
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

While he's an unwaivering supporter of the second amendment he's a politician first and foremost so expect nothing less than disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost1958 View Post
    If you really look at his history, that he is a "war hero" is debatable. I wont go into it though its there for anyone to find if they want. A lot of Nam Vets here know what Im speaking of. Its a lot of the reason he didnt get the support from his base that the GOP thought he would when he ran for Pres.
    Fact is he is not to be trusted on any level regardless of what he says.
    Had a friend who was a POW in Nam he had zero use for McAnmesty. I live about 12 miles from his ranch very few here even have use for him I knew allot in VietNow none that I knew had use for him You know McCain had his military records froze so the public couldn't see them? Wonder if this could be part of the reason
    John McCain blocks investigation of missing POW's and MIA's to save his political career. | Polidics.com
    Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.
    — John F. Kennedy

McCain is a sell out to the whatever angle keeps him in office. Didn't vote for him, wouldn't vote for him. Folks like him are more dangerous that the ones that actually stand up for what they believe in no matter how wacko

The mental illness issue is a slippery slope as well, all it takes it a doctor's opinion to take your guns away from you forever. Legally.

Quote Originally Posted by RookWV View Post
    McCain is a sell out to the whatever angle keeps him in office. Didn't vote for him, wouldn't vote for him. Folks like him are more dangerous that the ones that actually stand up for what they believe in no matter how wacko

The mental illness issue is a slippery slope as well, all it takes it a doctor's opinion to take your guns away from you forever. Legally.
    Mentally ill should be added to NICS checks, but only ADJUDICATED mentally ill. The doctor should only be able to recommend.
    Ten Bears: It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men.

He reminds me of people who like to pat your back, not in congratulations...as you might think, but rather looking for the soft spot to stick the knife.
    i have never trusted McCain. McCain teamed up with Joe Lieberman and sponsored the Lieberman-McCain "gunshow loophole" bill. This thing was draconian gun control at its best:
    Thankfully it failed to pass the senate.

Should Gun Shows Be Outlawed?

I think that dam swelling on the side of his cheek is finally making it to his brain.

The Washington "Machine" got into his blood.....

VERY Sad.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links