Bloomberg Spent Over a Million Campaign Dollars-In Chicago

This is a discussion on Bloomberg Spent Over a Million Campaign Dollars-In Chicago within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; The antis will go to any length: Gun control dominates race to replace Jesse Jackson Jr. News -- GOPUSA...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mulle46

Thread: Bloomberg Spent Over a Million Campaign Dollars-In Chicago

VIP Member

Bloomberg Spent Over a Million Campaign Dollars-In Chicago

"When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

2. Remove Ads

Re: Bloomberg Spent Over a Million Campaign Dollars-In Chicago

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    While our leaders sit on their hands...
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Among the victims in that area was 15-year-old honor student Hadiya Pendleton, who police say was shot and killed as she talked with friends in a park not far from President Barack Obama's Chicago home. First lady Michelle Obama attended her funeral Saturday.
    - It's quite sad that Hadiya is being used as the poster child for gun violence, yet no one wants to focus on the poor enforcement of Chicago's gun laws.

The young man accused of shooting and killing Hadiya Pendleton was arrested over a year ago with a loaded gun, and he got two years' probation.
    No bail for Chicago men charged in Hadiya Pendleton's death | abc7chicago.com
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin

I think the only gun laws we should have, are those that increase any penalties for any crime committed with a firearm. OMO.
    msgt/ret likes this.
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

This is the Democratic front-runner that Bloomberg doesn't want to see back in office...

Pro-gun Democrat facing opposition from her own party | Fox News Video
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." --Benjamin Franklin

"Ignorance can be treated with education, sadly there is no cure for stupidity."

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mulle46 View Post
    I think the only gun laws we should have, are those that increase any penalties for any crime committed with a firearm. OMO.
    I saw a piece on the evening news tonight in which the head of the Cook County Jail stated that they can't increase penalties for gun crimes because they don't have jail capacity to house offenders.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

I saw a piece on the evening news tonight in which the head of the Cook County Jail stated that they can't increase penalties for gun crimes because they don't have jail capacity to house offenders.
    - So the logical thing to do is pass more gun laws and turn normal citizens into criminals.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by tokerblue View Post
    - So the logical thing to do is pass more gun laws and turn normal citizens into criminals.
    If they can't lock up the current criminals, what are they going to do about all the new criminals these laws would make?
    Ten Bears: It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men.

Illinois and Cook County can ship their overflow to Colorado. We have excess capacity and will house the inmates for a small fee. I wish Bloomberg would stay on the East Coast.

Far from the first time Bloomberg has used his resources to attempt to influence politics outside his jurisdiction...

My thought wouldn't affect the county jail, as it would pertain to those convicted or pled guilty to crimes where a firearm was used.it wouldn't pertain to those facing trial.
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

Links