What's going on in Wisconsin? Not good news if it's true

This is a discussion on What's going on in Wisconsin? Not good news if it's true within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Democrats Seek to Ban Hunting Ammunition in Wisconsin | Media Trackers Is this for real?...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: What's going on in Wisconsin? Not good news if it's true

Distinguished Member

What's going on in Wisconsin? Not good news if it's true

It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

2. Remove Ads

Another example of politicians pushing laws they don't understand. Oh, wait, that's the definition of a politician.

Right now, I would believe anything!

Every freak in the country is coming out of the woodwork trying to ban something, while our leadership tries to cover up Benghazi, and Fast & Furious. We have a real sickness in the country right now.
    mg27, Smarshe, Wolf357 and 1 others like this.
    Ten Bears: It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men.

There's no way that it could get out of committee as written. This is clearly an opportunity to educate a couple of ignorant people.
    "There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." ~ P. J. O'Rourke

Wow. The imbeciles that drafted this bill did so without engaging their brains for as much as a single coherent thought.

I doubt this bill is going anywhere but hopefully it will get some of the hunting crowd that are sitting on the fence thinking...
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." --Benjamin Franklin

"Ignorance can be treated with education, sadly there is no cure for stupidity."

Re: What's going on in Wisconsin? Not good news if it's true

It sounds like typical liberal incrementalism. They would be overjoyed if it were to pass even knowing full well that it won't however, by even introducing the bill they have moved the boundary and will from here on work from this position. It is the same thing with the Feinstein proposed ban at the Federal level. Like previous posters have said, it's an opportunity to wake up and begin to educate those who are sleeping.

“While used by the military for decades – in part because they inflict massive wounds – hollowpoint bullets have little, if any, practical use for self-defense or hunting in everyday society. Tragically, they are essentially human-killing bullets.”
    oneshot likes this.

The way things are going nothing that passes would suprise me now. Im just now really starting to think that push is coming to shove in a big way before long.
    soonershoote likes this.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

I think even the ACLU came around to support hollowpoints back in the 80s. What will these urban-vacuum nitwits come up with next - "Saturday Night Special" laws?
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    Boy, these unknown twerps continue to get on the bandwagon to push these poorly written bills for quick approval, while the president demonizes all guns on his continuing presidential campaign, to gain media exposure.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    I think even the ACLU came around to support hollowpoints back in the 80s.
    Even the NYPD finally came around, I think back in '98.

Politicians lack of ballistic knowledge is mind boggling in itself. Ban hollowpoints? Ok, I hope the democrat that came up with this bill is standing directly behind a bad guy when he is shot with FMJ rounds so I can tell him how his policies are making everyone safer.

Distinguished Member Array Nmuskier's Avatar
    Banning frangible ammo isn't a bad idea.

I totally believe a Democrat would propose this. In WI, this type of bill has the effective range of an upwind fart in a stiff breeze.

I'm trying to decide whether these politicians put forth this legislation because they were simply uninformed, or if they knew exactly what they were doing. Either way, I seriously doubt the proposed bill will go anywhere.

I guess they have nothing to do and waste our tax payers money again. Why they dont spend time how to figure out to improve our jobs, hospitals, schools?
    People who talk too much should get fired. They produce nothing. Farmers do.
    Vodekz

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links