Comcast Cable Drops firearms related advertising

This is a discussion on Comcast Cable Drops firearms related advertising within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Moderators, please feel free to move this to a different forum, if necessary. Comcast drops gun shop ads – The Post and Courier Just received ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Comcast Cable Drops firearms related advertising

Comcast Cable Drops firearms related advertising

Moderators, please feel free to move this to a different forum, if necessary.

Comcast drops gun shop ads – The Post and Courier

Just received the following message from Georgia Carry : An information clearinghouse for Georgia Firearms License issues and news

5) Comcast Cable no longer accepting advertising for gun stores or gun ranges

This was sent in by Rusty Morris for AR Bunker.
    We were just notified by Comcast that they would no longer allow any advertising by gun stores and gun ranges on local cable channels. This means small businesses such as ours will no longer be able to place advertisements for local viewing.

They told me this would go into effect on Feb 25th. We have forwarded this info on to NRA and NSSF for their comment.

They pulled my ads last week without informing me. I guess the liberal media is finding a way to keep our message out of the public eye.

Thanks
    Rusty
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

2. Remove Ads

I bet if you were advertising a mosque you wouldn't have a problem. Very sad.

Cable and phone companies are just like the government, they have gotten too big and have too much control.
    ”Those who give up their liberty for more security neither deserve liberty nor security.”
    Ben Franklin

Re: Comcast Cable Drops firearms related advertising

Time to find another cable provider, or switch to a dish... Or, quit everything but over-the-air broadcasting and use internet services like hulu and vudu, and netflix.

The latter will save enough money to buy a new firearm every few months... If they are ever available again...
    All that said....
    It could be worse.

What idiots. Do they really think they will lose customers if they don't?
    Glock 23 - CZ 452 ZKM Special
    Walther P22 - LMT STD 16
    Mossberg 500A - Kahr P380
    Henry H001Y - Winchester 12
    Smith & Wesson M&P Shield
    Mossberg 500B - Marlin 336Y

Distinguished Member Array shadowwalker's Avatar
    We do not use cable, dish or direct TV. we bought a $10 antenna for local channels of which we get 12 and pay $8 a month for netflix
    AngryBadger417 and oakchas like this.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowwalker View Post
    We do not use cable, dish or direct TV. we bought a $10 antenna for local channels of which we get 12 and pay $8 a month for netflix

This is what we do. We dropped directv in december & now just use netflix & our antenna that we've had for years.
    oakchas likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowwalker View Post
    Smart man, I did the same thing. If I really want to watch a show that is one air I'll watch it on amazon instant video.
    oakchas likes this.
    Say 'what' again! I dare you! I double dare you!-Jules Winnfield aka Samuel L Jackson

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I've never ssen a gun or ammo ad on any cable, regardless of who it is.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Distinguished Member Array Exacto's Avatar
    OK, time to drop comcast.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunder bolt...... Sun Tzu.

The supreme art of war is to defeat the enemy without fighting........ Sun Tzu.

I work for AT&T, this will give me ammo when I run up against comcast. In my state, people hate this crap.

I bet they don't stop showing TV shows and movies with guns in them. LOSERS!
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

Haven't used cable or broadcast television for years, now. Don't miss it in the least, including decisions like this that get made by the corporate interests.

Reality is, television's only one avenue of advertising.

It's been a good ten years, now, that internet-based advertising has shown it can work if done well. Plus, folks simply using Google to search for "gun stores miami" (or wherever) can see website listings by smart businesses that leverage the power of tags/flags on pages instead of simply relying on traditional advertising channels for all their visibility.

Better still is the shop that's so good at what it does that formal, traditional advertising simply isn't required. In some towns/cities, I've seen a few of these. They're well-known in the area, with word-of-mouth "advertising" communicating the value just fine. In most places I've lived, the "go-to spot" has been well known, and most of the other middling stores just schlep along hoping they can keep up.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

The government is coaxing big media against anything pro gun, either by force, threat, or financial influence.

Next news broadcasts will refuse to air any news story that shows firearms or firearm owners legally using firearms to defend themselves. That wouldn't be much of a stretch from now...but still.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

I dropped cable TV years ago. Every now and then I'm stuck in a hotel and I'll turn on cable.....man has it gotten really, really, awful! Its nothing but fake reality TV shows. Cable TV will never be welcomed back into my home, even if it's free.

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    IMO, Comcast provides the worst service of any of the providers in my area and has lost out to Direct TV for the most part. The only areas that Comcast does well in is the large rental condo complex's where they don't allow outdoor antennas/dishes.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links