HR 142: Ban internet sales of ammo, etc.

This is a discussion on HR 142: Ban internet sales of ammo, etc. within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; If I put this is the wrong forum section, pls move. http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...munition-Sales House Bill Would Ban All Internet Ammunition Sales In their latest rush to ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By oneshot

Thread: HR 142: Ban internet sales of ammo, etc.

If I put this is the wrong forum section, pls move.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...munition-Sales

House Bill Would Ban All Internet Ammunition Sales

In their latest rush to further emasculate the Second Amendment, many on the Left are taking aim at the Internet.

Of course, illegal online sales of weapons and ammunition should be stopped--though the practice isn’t nearly as prevalent as the left would have you believe.

But progressives are also looking to ban legal online sales through a bevy of new gun control resolutions, including H.R. 142, which "would ban Internet or mail order ammunition purchases."
    Meanwhile, the state of New York just passed a ban on Internet “assault weapon” sales.

Progressives act as though the move to end all online weapons transactions is just that simple--wave a gavel, pass a law, and it’s done. Just like with guns themselves--declare a gun-free school zone, and all schools will be gun-free.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

"One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

The link in your post didn't work for me, but after a quick consultation with the Great Google I found the article:

House Bill Would Ban All Internet Ammunition Sales

Also, here is a copy of the actual bill (HR142)l:

Bill Text - 113th Congress (2013-2014) - THOMAS (Library of Congress)

VIP Member
    Like creating an account with an ammo supply company, with my actual name, adress, email, proof of age, phone # and an actual home or business adress to ship it to(cause they aren't gonna ship to a box office), sure is a lot easier than going to the local store with hundreds of dollars and walking out annonomously.

Yeah, boy lets hope they close THAT "loophole"

Oh well, "stupid is as stupid does".
    Nebraska12 and mg27 like this.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

VIP Member

I would think an Internet sale would be easy to track
    I always use a credit card have shipped to my home and sign for it. The seller also requires me to fax or email I'd before the order is placed
    I am sick of these antis!
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

Re: HR 142: Ban internet sales of ammo, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    Like creating an account with an ammo supply company, with my actual name, adress, email, proof of age, phone # and an actual home or business adress to ship it to(cause they aren't gonna ship to a box office), sure is a lot easier than going to the local store with hundreds of dollars and walking out annonomously.

Yeah, boy lets hope they close THAT "loophole"

Oh well, "stupid is as stupid does".
    Well played Sir...well played.

Sent using my Tap-a-talkinator
    'Fortes Fortuna Juvat'
    NRA Member
    NRA Life of Duty Member

VIP Member
    I agree that banning internet sales of ammo is barking up the wrong tree. I've never bought ammo
    that way, but as others have pointed out, these purchases should be rather easy to track. You know
    the credit card number used, you know the shipping/mailing address.

That said, I would not consider this an assault on 2A. It is an annoyance for those who like to buy ammo
    in bulk, yes. Misguided yes. Stupid, yes. But, so long as you can still buy ammo without so much as showing
    an ID--except to prove you are over 21, it is hardly an infringement on anything but the commerce
    of certain businesses which will get harmed, and on the profits of the shippers.

I didn't read the link. Are they trying to block ONLY internet sales but allowing telephone orders? Allowing orders
    by FAX? The article in the link doesn't say anything about those other perfectly convenient ways to order.

If all they are doing is blocking online sales, big deal. Now, please, no one run out and tell them
    the phones still work.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Well, it looks as if I have another reason to keep hoarding.
    "There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." ~ P. J. O'Rourke

Links