Maryland Gov. O’Malley emails licensed hunters to push gun control

This is a discussion on Maryland Gov. O’Malley emails licensed hunters to push gun control within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; "Let me be clear: We are committed to protecting hunters and their traditions. That’s why we specifically carved out shotguns and rifles from the licensing ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Maryland Gov. O’Malley emails licensed hunters to push gun control

Maryland Gov. O’Malley emails licensed hunters to push gun control

"Let me be clear: We are committed to protecting hunters and their traditions. That’s why we specifically carved out shotguns and rifles from the licensing requirements of our bill.”
    MILLER: O?Malley emails licensed hunters to push gun control - Washington Times
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

2. Remove Ads

but not those scary black ones
    “But now,” he said, “take your money and a traveler’s bag. And if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one!” Luke 22:36 (NLT)

Makes me appreciate living in Kansas

VIP Member
    Hopefully the hunters realize that if a mass shooting or two are done with a hunting rifle/shotgun, then they too will become targeted.
    mg27 likes this.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by ppkheat View Post
    Hopefully the hunters realize that if a mass shooting or two are done with a hunting rifle/shotgun, then they too will become targeted.
    It's already been done Charles Whitman: The Texas Bell Tower Sniper ? Lost Innocence ? Crime Library on truTV.com

Trying to lull the dragon to sleep. Unsurprising. "We're proposing gun control, yes. But it won't impact your hunting equipment, so don't worry ..."

"Hunters and their traditions," eh? Well, we the People are here to protect our traditions: liberty, and fighting for that with everything we've got.
    mg27 likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

O'Malley is a plague on this state. It sickens me that he got elected and is actually still popular in this state. Utterly pathetic.
    Jeanlouise likes this.

Another Libral Politician....................IMO.

We wont bother your hunting guns. A BIG FAT LIE!!! I hope the hunters are smart enough not to buy into this B.S. Stay safe and carry on.

Any time a politician prefaces a statement with "Let me be clear" you should instinctively grab your ankles.
    8th ID, sixgun and KoolBreeze like this.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I'm trying to figure out why my hunting license would be associated with my e-mail address.
    Retired USAF E-8. Avatar is OldVet from days long gone. Oh, to be young again.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Trying to lull the dragon to sleep. Unsurprising. "We're proposing gun control, yes. But it won't impact your hunting equipment, so don't worry ..."

"Hunters and their traditions," eh? Well, we the People are here to protect our traditions: liberty, and fighting for that with everything we've got.
    And the next step might be "We're proposing limits on free speech, yes. But it won't impact your printing presses or mimeograph machines, so don't worry..." sent to all newspaper publishers.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    "Then they came for me, and there was no one left to speak for me"
    F350, GoSlow, dukalmighty and 2 others like this.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

How can so many politicians think the 2nd Amendment is about hunting?

Quote Originally Posted by 3wggl View Post
    How can so many politicians think the 2nd Amendment is about hunting?
    I'm sure it's because the brainwashing has been going on for as long as the attempted evisceration of the Second Amendment has been occurring. And that's for about as long as the 2A has existed, more or less.

But these days it's turning out to be a prime tactic of attack by the liberty-haters. Divide and conquer has worked before. They're hoping they can commit their crimes against the Constitution piecemeal, without enough opposition to matter.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links