We are all Corruptors and a Danger

This is a discussion on We are all Corruptors and a Danger within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; No comment. Family forum. Chicago Police Chief: Second Amendment Is A Danger To Public Safety | RedState...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: We are all Corruptors and a Danger

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar

We are all Corruptors and a Danger

I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Chicago’s embattled police superintendent dug himself deeper into a pit of controversy today by claiming that lawful firearm owners are agents of political corruption. Appearing on a Chicago Sunday morning talk show, superintendent Garry McCarthy expressed his conviction that firearm owners who lobby their elected representatives or who donate money to political campaigns are engaged in corruption that endangers public safety. McCarthy went on to express his belief that judges and legislators should rely on public opinion polls when interpreting our Constitution.
    It is far better to remain silent and thought a fool than to open one’s mouth and remove all doubt. mccarthy and those with the same mindset are the true political corrupters.
    niks, BenGoodLuck and BugDude like this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

VIP Member
    Scary. Very, very scary.
    soonershoote and Jeanlouise like this.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

VIP Member
    From Wikipedia:
    "Mayor Rahm Emanuel appointed Garry F. McCarthy, former director of the Newark, New Jersey, Police Department, as Superintendent; this was approved by the City Council on June 8, 2011.[3] McCarthy is the highest paid city employee with an annual salary of $260,004."

From one anti-gun jurisdiction to the next, now serving at the pleasure of one of the most gun-hating human beings on the planet. Small wonder he speaks as he does.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

They guy is a dork, that is for sure. But does anyone actually have a link to the transcript of the interview? I choose not to comment on things unless I know what I am talking about. Too many times we have found out that what an anti said is not exactly what he said. Hyperbole and innuendo, even if well placed, annoy me.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar

They finally discovered WHY

I think this article speaks to the our current state of the union:

Leading Geneticist: Human Intelligence is Slowly Declining

I'm assuming the biggest drain of intelligence is thru the Police Chiefs, Libs, and L.I.V.s. Sheriff's seem to have a slower drain factor!

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

Please take the Chiefs poll.
    Select one in each question.
    1. Murder of children is OK.
    Ban all guns, everywhere.

2. Allow police to have defensive automatic weapons.
    Ban murderous assault rifles from all citizens.

3. Only criminals like guns.
    Citizens like being victims.

You may not give an opinion or exercise your First Amendment, you may only believe my polls.
    You must be sheeple and obey my lawful police commands, no matter what they are.
    Ten Bears: It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men.

Yet another Chicago crackpot.
    "Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6"

Flight Surgeon, USAF
    Law Enforcement Tactical Surgeon

NRA Patron Member

I wonder if his oath of office states "support and defend the constution". I take oaths very seriously. I bet if you told him he should not have a firearm he would be bewildered at the prospect of not being able to protect himself. Why, because he is better than a citizen. I know alot of citizens are killed every year in his city, more than cops for sure. His gun does not protect me. Why doesn't he go after the dirt bags and leave law abiding citizens alone. Because dirt bags refuse to conform to his wishes.
    mg27 likes this.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

RT
    A Chicago police administrator accusing people of being corrupt? Oh, the irony.....

"Hello Kettle, I'm Pot, but you may better know me as Garry McCarthy."
    sixgun, mg27, GoPackman and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    It is far better to remain silent and thought a fool than to open one’s mouth and remove all doubt. mccarthy and those with the same mindset are the true political corrupters.
    Amen, brother! Preach it!!!
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

He is 47 levels beyond stupid. The agents of political corruption are the politicians themselves. We The People are the VICTIMS of their unlawful acts.
    mg27 and soonershoote like this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Senior Member Array wishyouwell's Avatar
    He's dun gone full retard.
    sixgun likes this.

Out of the mouths of babes...I think it's a VERY good thing when these folks speak honestly. We NEED to know what they really think and what they really plan. Then these agendas need to be as widely disseminated as possible. I still choose to believe such revelations help our cause.

PC
    mg27 and Doghandler like this.

Re: We are all Corruptors and a Danger

Regardless of whether he is being accurately quoted or not..

Herein lies the fundamental difference between Chiefs of Police andSheriffs:

COPs serve at the pleasure of the Mayor of a city; and are accountable only to him.

Sheriffs are duly elected by the population they uphold the law FOR. They are accountable to the citizenry they protect.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links