Here's a response I like to see

This is a discussion on Here's a response I like to see within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I sent this to my State Congress people (Tennessee) last night, addressed individually: Originally Posted by SpringerXD Hello, <Representative's Name> I hope this e-mail finds ...

Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar

I sent this to my State Congress people (Tennessee) last night, addressed individually:

Quote Originally Posted by SpringerXD
    Hello, <Representative's Name>

I hope this e-mail finds you well. I'm writing to address some things that have been happening in the national political arena lately. In particular, I'm concerned by the Obama administration's attempts to subvert the 2nd Amendment with a new "assault" weapons ban, even knowing that the previous such ban, from 1994 through 2004, failed to make a discernible difference in violent crime. Beyond this, the President has implied that he'll take unconstitutional executive action along these lines if Congress fails to do his bidding.

The horrible event in Newtown, Connecticut two months ago left us all shocked and sickened. As the single father of two children, I can't fathom the degree of insanity that could allow anyone to do such a thing. It boggles the mind. But what I also find disturbing is that the current administration was all too quick to use this tragedy to promote their political agenda of restricting the 2nd Amendment, even though the millions of law-abiding gun owners in this country are every bit as outraged and disgusted by this wanton act of violence (and others) as anyone else.

So in light of the current attempts being made to restrict the 2nd Amendment rights of millions of lawful American gun owners, I would ask you to consider the possibility of introducing a "Second Amendment Protection Act," or a similar designation, such as those recently passed into law in Texas and Wyoming. Tennessee has some excellent pro-constitutional laws, some already enacted and others pending. But in looking at the current legislative agendas, I see nothing quite so "direct" on the slate. The law I'm describing states that any federal restrictions on the 2nd Amendment, enacted on or after January 1, 2013, will simply not apply in the State of Tennessee. This applies to registration, magazine capacity limits, banning semi-automatics, banning cosmetic rifle components that make them look "military," and other such nonsense. Other states have enacted such laws and others have it pending, and this is an excellent example of the balance of powers that would have made the Founding Fathers proud.

So will you please consider this action? Many states are standing up for the 2nd Amendment in such a manner and it would make me proud if Tennessee did the same.

With much respect,

<My Name>
    <My E-Mail>
    This morning, I had a response waiting from Senator Stacey Campfield, sent at precisely 7:49 A.M.:

"You don't have to worry about me. I support your second amendment rights 100% and will continue to fight for your rights as long as you allow me to stay in office and God allows me to draw breath.

Yours in service,

Sen. Stacey Campfield

Sent from my iPad"

Rock on!

"I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

Quote Originally Posted by SpringerXD View Post
    I sent this to my State Congress people (Tennessee) last night, addressed individually:

This morning, I had a response waiting from Senator Stacey Campfield, sent at precisely 7:49 A.M.:

"You don't have to worry about me. I support your second amendment rights 100% and will continue to fight for your rights as long as you allow me to stay in office and God allows me to draw breath.

Yours in service,

Sen. Stacey Campfield

Sent from my iPad"

Rock on!

Bravo Sen Campfield!! None of the usual canned BS non-answer gobbledygook. Simple and direct and a positive affirmative.
    There's a home for this guy in Colorado.

Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    Bravo Sen Campfield!! None of the usual canned BS non-answer gobbledygook. Simple and direct and a positive affirmative.
    There's a home for this guy in Colorado.
    sorry he stays where he is at!!!! go find your own!......lol

Links