Can you believe this?

Can you believe this?

This is a discussion on Can you believe this? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Misstep in gun bill could defeat the effort Here: http://seattletimes.com/html/localne...neat17xml.html One of the major gun-control efforts in Olympia this session calls for the sheriff to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Can you believe this?

Thumbs down Can you believe this?

Misstep in gun bill could defeat the effort Here: http://seattletimes.com/html/localne...neat17xml.html

One of the major gun-control efforts in Olympia this session calls for the sheriff to inspect the homes of assault-weapon owners. The bill’s backers say that was a mistake.

By Danny Westneat

Forget police drones flying over your house. How about police coming inside, once a year, to have a look around?

As Orwellian as that sounds, it isn’t hypothetical. The notion of police home inspections was introduced in a bill last week in Olympia.

That it’s part of one of the major gun-control efforts pains me. It seemed in recent weeks lawmakers might be headed toward some common-sense regulation of gun sales. But then last week they went too far. By mistake, they claim. But still too far.

“They always say, we’ll never go house to house to take your guns away. But then you see this, and you have to wonder.”

But then, with respect to the thousands of weapons like that already owned by Washington residents, the bill says this:

“In order to continue to possess an assault weapon that was legally possessed on the effective date of this section, the person possessing shall ... safely and securely store the assault weapon. The sheriff of the county may, no more than once per year, conduct an inspection to ensure compliance with this subsection.”

In other words, come into homes without a warrant to poke around. Failure to comply could get you up to a year in jail.

Danny Westneat’s column appears Wednesday and Sunday. Reach him at 206-464-2086 or dwestneat@seattletimes.com
    Last edited by Rock and Glock; February 18th, 2013 at 10:21 PM.

Yea. They're a bunch of idiots. Their Police wanted to buy a Drone as a Spy tool.

I guess they want to trample the 4th as well as the 2nd amendment as well.
    No trees were harmed in the construction of this post. However a large number of electrons were indiscriminately aroused.

Distinguished Member Array Exacto's Avatar
    They're already watching you through your tv.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunder bolt...... Sun Tzu.

The supreme art of war is to defeat the enemy without fighting........ Sun Tzu.

Quote Originally Posted by txron View Post
    I guess they want to trample the 4th as well as the 2nd amendment as well.
    Don't forget about the fifth as well... which protects personal property from being deprived without due process of the law.
    GGs
    BGs

”Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”

Re: Can you believe this?

If it's any consolation, the bill has been "fixed," no "visitation" from the High Sheriff...

But all else remains.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    If it's any consolation, the bill has been "fixed," no "visitation" from the High Sheriff...

But all else remains.
    They have made their intentions known. If passed, it will only be a matter of time before they play up some incident where an 'assault-style' rifle is stolen and used in a crime. Then the media will run the story non-stop, and they will use the momentum to amend the law to include 'inspections' (at least until they can get to confiscation). Just my .02

VIP Member
    Those who introduce bills and vote in favor of bills which are in clear violation of our Rights should be removed from office.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Quote Originally Posted by Exacto View Post
    They have had your IP address ever since you started coming here.
    "The time is now near at hand which must determine whether Americans are to be freemen or slaves."
    ------------------------------------— George Washington 1776
    Gun free zones
    are safe havens-
    FOR CRIMINALS

not mine....
    Ghost1958 likes this.

It appears they had a "Biden moment" (expressing what's really on their minds) while writing this bill. It's obvious they wanted the annual "inspection," which will eventually lead to confiscation, they just didn't meant to tip their hand so soon.
    Boyntonstu and BugDude like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Exacto View Post
    I don't have a TV. And my laptop only connects via OPN's. Other people's networks. My smartphone? I don't go to websites on my phone that my mother wouldn't visit. ;)
    "Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company." ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by troutkiller View Post
    I don't have a TV. And my laptop only connects via OPN's. Other people's networks. My smartphone? I don't go to websites on my phone that my mother wouldn't visit. ;)
    How completely boring that must be.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Question

Quote Originally Posted by 1MoreGoodGuy View Post
    Those who introduce bills and vote in favor of bills which are in clear violation of our Rights should be removed from office.
    Would you be be breaking any laws if you defended an act of home invasion that violated your Constitutionally protected rights?

The same people introduced the same AWB with the same language back in 2010.
    The price of liberty is, always has been, and always will be blood: The person who is not willing to die for his liberty has already lost it to the first scoundrel who is willing to risk dying to violate that person's liberty! Are you free?
    --- Andrew Ford

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links