Ashamed of my Colorado Legislature

This is a discussion on Ashamed of my Colorado Legislature within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Well...all four measures passed the Democratically controlled House today and are heading to the Democratically controlled Senate. Not much hope for us on this stuff ...

Like Tree19Likes
  • 7 Post By Darrow75
  • 1 Post By Darrow75
  • 1 Post By bigdog44
  • 1 Post By BugDude
  • 1 Post By Darrow75
  • 2 Post By Rock and Glock
  • 3 Post By Rock and Glock
  • 2 Post By Darrow75
  • 1 Post By RETSUPT99

Thread: Ashamed of my Colorado Legislature

Well...all four measures passed the Democratically controlled House today and are heading to the Democratically controlled Senate. Not much hope for us on this stuff to passing but it still inspired me to write yet a couple more letters to my "representatives".

Here is the one to Beth McCann who co-sponsored some of these bills:

Dear Representative McCann,

I see by your votes today that you have not changed your position and are an opponent of the Second Amendment and therefore do not deserve the mordant position you hold in our state legislature. Not only will I never vote for you, I will actively campaign against your re-election and for your removal from office. You are a disgrace to the Great State of Colorado. I hope you remember this when you are no longer allowed to "represent" the people. Shame on you.

Sincerely,

Darrow75

And here is the one to Mike Johnston who will be voting on these measures any day now:

Dear Senator Johnston,

I see today that the four unconstitutional "gun control" measures that were introduced this legislative session have passed the Democratically controlled House today. I am writing to strongly urge you to vote against your party line and with those who would keep the Second Amendment in tact in Colorado and the United States.

There is no evidence that any of these measures would prevent the types of mass shootings we have seen this past year. These ill conceived laws will do nothing to stop criminals and mad men from breaking the law. These laws will only prove to be an undue burden on law-abiding citizens and further restrict our ability to protect ourselves and our loved ones.

Magazine capacity limits mean nothing to those who walk into "gun free" zones with the intent to inflict maximum damage. These monsters are able to perform multiple magazine changes as they are not subject to return fire for at least the first several minutes of their rampage. On the other hand, a law-abiding citizen faced with multiple aggressors is at a deadly disadvantage when performing a reload.

The previously mentioned "gun free" zone laws are another set of foolish mandates that give an unfair advantage to the criminal and mad man who have no regard for the law. Is it a "common sense gun control law" if we are telling a person willing to commit mass murder that they aren't allowed to bring a firearm to a certain place? Wouldn't this again most likely affect the law-abiding citizen and his or her ability to defend against said criminal or mad man?

Restricting the right of law-abiding college students and staff from legally carrying on campus effectively strips those people of the ability to defend themselves when the next lunatic decides to use their campus to fulfill their sick revenge fantasy.

The law requiring "universal background checks" on all firearms purchases again will only affect law-abiding citizen. Criminals already procure most of their firearms illegally either through theft or on the black market. This law will do nothing but make it more difficult for the legal transfer of firearms from one individual to another. This burden will especially affect those who live in rural areas with limited access to an licensed FFL dealer.

FFL dealers will not be interested in performing these firearms transfers for free. Requiring the background checks for every purchase along with requiring law-abiding citizens to pay for their own background checks will also present an undue financial burden, especially for lower income citizens who are also interested in protecting themselves and their families.

In closing, I would again urge you to vote against these ineffective and unconstitutional measures. Your vote against these measures would garner much respect from independent Second Amendment advocates like myself who do not vote straight party lines. I have voted for Democrats in the past as I lean left on many issues but the Second Amendment can not be further compromised. I will vote against and actively campaign against any candidate that feels that unconstitutional "gun control" is up for debate.

Thank you again for hearing me out on these most important issues facing our state and our nation. I look forward to your reply and will be watching how you vote.

Sincerely,

Darrow75
    If you are from Colorado, especially if you have a Democrat as a rep, please write your State Sentators again urging them to vote against this garbage.

Re: Ashamed of my Colorado Legislature

Wow I didn't Colorado would fall so fast....

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2
    S&W M&P 9c
    Ruger LCR + P (.38)
    Kahr PM9
    Taurus M851 (.38)

Unfortunately Denver, like Chicago, has a huge influence on the state legislature.
    F350 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Exacto's Avatar
    You gun owners in Colorado can unite with a little work and vote them OUT!!
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunder bolt...... Sun Tzu.

The supreme art of war is to defeat the enemy without fighting........ Sun Tzu.

What's amazing is they are willing to do this, offend so many voters who will hopefully vote them out, and worse of all lose Magpul and its $85 million in revenue to the state. Stupid is as stupid does!

Good luck. Hope you can turn this around when it gets to your senators. If not start he campaign for new officials.
    Darrow75 likes this.
    It's not a problem til they make it one!

Living here in Kansas, I know I will never go to that state again. It use to be fun taking my kids to Colorado but there are plenty other 2A friendly states we can visit. Nothing against the honest good hearted citizens but boycotting looks to be the only recourse I have left.

Good letters. Keep writing and keep holding them accountable. Also, campaign for their removal in the mid term elections. Also find some Colorado firearm groups to file lawsuits and support their effort.
    Darrow75 likes this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    Good letters. Keep writing and keep holding them accountable. Also, campaign for their removal in the mid term elections. Also find some Colorado firearm groups to file lawsuits and support their effort.
    Thanks. In reality, I hope to be down near you within the next few months but I plan to keep writing them while i am here and encouraging my Colorado friends to be more active and help throw these bums out. Good idea on the firearms groups Rocky Mountain Gun Owners is a pretty strong group. I'm sure they are planning one thing but I'll reach out to them to find out their plans.
    shadowwalker likes this.

Good letters. Thanks!

Colorado: House Passes Most Sweeping Anti-Gun Legislation in Recent History

In the face of tens of thousands of gun owners, sportsmen and shooting enthusiasts, anti-gun zealots leading the rights-infringing charge in Denver passed a package of anti-gun bills in the state House seeking to undermine the Second Amendment in Colorado.

House passage of the bills below should be a wake-up call to everyone across this diverse and freedom-loving state. Your rights are under an all-out assault by those who see you and your way of life as a problem that needs to be fixed.

House Bill 1224 – Bans magazines with a capacity greater than fifteen rounds. (Passed 34-31)

House Bill 1226 – Repeals current law allowing individuals with a concealed carry permit to carry a firearm for self-defense on a college or university campus. (Passed 34-31)

House Bill 1228 – Imposes a “gun tax” for a background check when purchasing a firearm. (Passed 33-32)

House Bill 1229 – Criminalizes the private transfer of a firearm. (Passed 36-29)

The votes taken today by those House members in favor of these bills will put hundreds out of work in Colorado, eliminate hundreds of millions of dollars in economic activity that will go to other states and make criminals out of unsuspecting law-abiding citizens.

Our fight is far from over, as this extreme anti-gun legislation still has to pass in the state Senate and then go to Governor Hickenlooper for his signature.

WE NEED YOUR HELP TODAY! Call your state Senator and Governor John Hickenlooper TODAY and respectfully urge them to oppose the anti-gun bills above. Hold your state Senator accountable and ask him or her how they will vote on these bills.

Contact information for your state Senator can be found here. Contact information for Governor John Hickenlooper by email can be found here and by phone at (303) 866-2471 or 303-866-2885.

Please stay tuned to NRA-ILA | ILA Home for further updates and information.
    I need to write the Democrat "Dissents" a "Thank you Note" tomorrow, and start pounding on the Senate. I am going to copy all Democrat Senate leaders on every letter too.
    Darrow75 and ppkheat like this.

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

Re: Ashamed of my Colorado Legislature

Rock, and all Freedom loving Coloradans,

I can only give you moral support, and prayers that you can defeat these bills.. Hickenloopy ain't gonna veto them, that's certain.

Best wishes, God Speed.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Good to see that all this passive letter writing campaigns is working out.
    Keep writing until its all over and your guns are gone.
    I see multiple states promoting these outrageous laws.... And succeeding!!

So, we all wait until every state has passed draconian gun confiscation and the wolf is at the door.

Do we then protest? March on our state capitols? Complain and write MORE letters?

I want to know when it will be Appropriate to take the next step. The final solution?

Or will "we" just throw in the towel and take up golfing.

To all non-Colorado members: Letters to our Senate Leadership and our Gov, promising to vacation elsewhere, would be helpful. Comparable states for vacations without draconian Anti-2A laws: Utah, Wyoming, Montana..............Tourism is HUGE here - our No.1 industry.

Senate Leadership: http://www.leg.state.co.us/CLICS/CLI...u?openframeset

Charles: We still have the Senate, and the Gov. Until then your rhetorical inquiries are moot. We fight every step of the way. I see no need currently to look past the next vote. You are welcome to join. You are welcome to come to Denver and lobby. You can help any way you want.

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesMorri View Post
    Good to see that all this passive letter writing campaigns is working out.
    Keep writing until its all over and your guns are gone.
    I see multiple states promoting these outrageous laws.... And succeeding!!

So, we all wait until every state has passed draconian gun confiscation and the wolf is at the door.

Do we then protest? March on our state capitols? Complain and write MORE letters?

I want to know when it will be Appropriate to take the next step. The final solution?

Or will "we" just throw in the towel and take up golfing.
    If you don't have something useful to add take it elsewhere. Nobody ever said letter writing is all we have done or will do. Our best bet for now is to do this through the legislative and legal process.
    Rock and Glock and wmhawth like this.

Hmmm, I think some people are going to be unemployed in 2014.

This is sad news for sure...hard to believe that so many could be gathered together in the same place.
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Sponsored Links