NRA Letter to Congress

NRA Letter to Congress

This is a discussion on NRA Letter to Congress within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; http://cms.nraila.org/media/10900841...oundchecks.pdf...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: NRA Letter to Congress

Distinguished Member Array RightsEroding's Avatar
    "When those who are governed do too little, those who govern can, and will, do too much." Ronald Reagan

Do what you can; then do what you must

Very good...

MJK
    Great letter! I am proud to be a lifetime member of the NRA.
    [T]he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people. ---Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

Distinguished Member Array Rcher's Avatar
    The government knows all this and they dont care. The letter will probably hit the round file.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem; government IS the problem". - Ronald Reagan 1981

Quote Originally Posted by Rcher View Post
    The government knows all this, the letter will probably hit the round file.
    Perhaps; but it now on the record.
    "When those who are governed do too little, those who govern can, and will, do too much." Ronald Reagan

So for those wondering where the NRA has been out....
    and probably gearing up the best damn Constitutional attorneys money can buy...
    And probably poised to defeat any congressman that votes anti 2A.
    goldmaster likes this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Let's hope our representatives in Congress do the right thing and put this thing to bed. I don't want to risk it going before the Supreme Court like Obamacare.
    sigmanluke likes this.
    "There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." ~ P. J. O'Rourke

Antonin Scalia says gun control is heading to Supreme Court | WashingtonExaminer.com

The 1994 ban had a sunset clause.

I suggest a similar clause that when this thing is defeated, no attempt can be made to ever try it again for 200 years!
    At the end of that period, the libs can have a go.
    SpringerXD likes this.

So, every Congressman/woman is going to get a letter from the NRA. How many can read it... or will, for that matter... It'll be read by staffers. It will depend on the staffer to determine if the "royal hienie" gets to see it... based on the "agenda" of the staffer.

It's a very good letter, make no mistake. It covers all the salient points. With references from third party sources, some in the government.

But, I was taught decades ago, that to make something readable for the general public, you had to write at a 10th grade level... And, there was software that would look at your writing and check it.

Now, writing to a congressman/woman is a bit different. I might suggest crayons as the media... and stick figure pictographs as the "grade level" of their reading comprehension.

If we take a look at the recent law presented in Washington state, we see that even state legislators are "practicing up" to become full fledged federal representatives someday, and that they follow the lead of their previous speaker of the house... in order to find out what's in a bill, they have to pass it first.... EVEN IF IT'S THEIR OWN BILL!

The world has been reduced to soundbites... there are exceptions, of course... The NRA is gearing up for court battles... this requires lawyers who still practice law (rather than write them)... and know about words, and commas, and stuff... And of course, judges who "grade the papers" presented by the lawyers... All very expensive, I'm sure. So, it's good that the NRA is girding for those battles yet to come. It will cost us time and treasure to see these challenges go thru the courts...

*And it all could have been averted. If the 2A organizations had spent some money through third party PACs on television/social media/instant access (and gratification) telephony, and the like, to get the public behind our side.*

Because, you see, the general public, living in a "sound bite/pictogram world" are truly being well represented by their representatives who are only capable of understanding same.

*that which is between asterisks above is only my opinion*
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by RightsEroding View Post
    Antonin Scalia says gun control is heading to Supreme Court | WashingtonExaminer.com

The 1994 ban had a sunset clause.

I suggest a similar clause that when this thing is defeated, no attempt can be made to ever try it again for 200 years!
    At the end of that period, the libs can have a go.
    I predict:
    THERE WILL BE NO SUNSET CLAUSE IN ANYTHING THEY WRITE THIS TIME.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    Pro gun groups actively support our rights under the 2nd Amendment and point out the real causes of gun crimes to our representatives in Washington and we all appreciate their effort. It is also quite evident to all that the president and others have attempted to mislead the nation on gun crime, i.e Fast and Furious, and the recent incident in Ct. The problem is that the prevention of gun crimes is not the intended goal of our president and many of our representatives, their goal is an "All Weapons Ban". Many recently approved laws by the Obama administration, i.e National Defense Authorization Act, strips away many of our rights under the Bill of Rights and to complete his agenda of total control of the masses guns presently stand in the way.

The day we are denied the right to bear arms is the day we become subjects of the administration.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    A clear, concise and efficient letter that disproves all the false claims that the US government is making about gun control.
    sigmanluke likes this.
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alachner View Post
    A clear, concise and efficient letter that disproves all the false claims that the US government is making about gun control.
    When all else fails, tell the truth.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    I predict:
    THERE WILL BE NO SUNSET CLAUSE IN ANYTHING THEY WRITE THIS TIME.
    Feinstein's proud of exactly this aspect of her proposed gun-grab (S.150 bill) this time around.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

It is long, but well documented.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links