Amendment was made to protect government...

This is a discussion on Amendment was made to protect government... within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; That's what some think, apparently... Mr. Hubel is 85 years old. He might have been a tad young to serve in WWII (would have been ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By accessbob

Thread: Amendment was made to protect government...

That's what some think, apparently...

Mr. Hubel is 85 years old. He might have been a tad young to serve in WWII (would have been 17 in 1945).

1. He is apparently unaware of the third Amendment, "made" at the same time.
    2. He is apparently unaware of the poor Brits unable to defend the homeland, without weapons sent by the NRA, and the our government just after Dunkirk...
    3. He is apparently unaware of the founders views on the purpose of the Second.
    4. He is apparently unaware of the poor woman in New Orleans who had her little .22 revolver taken from her hands by force, by 4-6 brutish thugs... acting under the color of law.
    5. He is apparently unaware of the brave Koreans of Koreatown in LA during the Rodney King riots...

But, he seems to be aware that Senator Chuck Grassley said:
    "...millions of Americans fear that the president might take executive action and Congress may enact legislation that could lead to a tyrannical federal government.”
    And later, that Chuck said 'that the Second Amendment was written to guarantee the citizens the right to bear arms so that they might be able to fight that perceived tyranny,' on the radio.

Mr. Hubel doesn't buy that.... this is what he thinks:

Amendment made to protect Government

Apparently, Mr. Huble is just unaware...
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Distinguished Member
    Another one of those misguided individuals who fail to read any of the writings of the people who actually created the Constitution of the United States. I wish I could ask Mr. Hubel about that one. If, it is as he claims, why then did James Madison write about how the citizens should be able to stop tyrannical government by having arms? Of course I am talking about The Federalist Papers #46. I doubt anyone has ever broached the question to Mr. Hubel about that. As with most who do not think the 2nd Amendment is about protection of the citizenry from oppressive government, I would be surprised if they had done any actual investigation on their own. Most likely they just take the garbage spouted off by other Anti-Gun people and perpetuate the bad information which is out there.
    bigmacque likes this.
    EDC - M&P Shield .40, Ruger P90, OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

I love how these people lock comments on articles like this.

Repeal all gun regulation because the 2nd Amendment says we all have unrestricted access to firearms in order to protect the government. Ehhhhh ..........OK!! If thats the reasoning you want to use to say all gun laws are unconstitutional cool!!

Guess there is more than one way to skin a cat.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

"The amendment was written to provide for the protection of the government elected by the people... We have the ballot to change our leaders and loyal armed forces to help preserve our liberties."

So, I guess the second amendment was so that we, the people, would have guns to protect our loyal armed forces against anyone who might want to harm them???

Hmmm. I'm confused.
    Regards,
    Jim
    NRA Life Member
    Charter Member (#00002) of the DC .41 LC Society
    He that cannot reason is a fool. He that will not is a bigot. He that dare not is a slave. - Andrew Carnegie

We have the ballot to change our leaders and loyal armed forces to help preserve our liberties."
    Well Mr Hubel,what if the Government decides that they no longer feel that Citizens errr I mean subjects can vote the right people into Office for the good of the Country and therefore eliminate voting and the Supreme Ruler Appoints whomever he feels will do his bidding
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Links