Report: Sandy Hook shooter motives

This is a discussion on Report: Sandy Hook shooter motives within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Hopefully the powers that be will allow this one to stay since it does, in my opinion, directly relate to gun legislation and a lot ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Mike1956

Thread: Report: Sandy Hook shooter motives

VIP Member

Report: Sandy Hook shooter motives

Hopefully the powers that be will allow this one to stay since it does, in my opinion, directly relate to gun legislation and a lot of the current laws that are set to infringe on our Second Amendment rights.

The most notable part of the story is this:

According to the sources, the 20-year-old Lanza wanted to top Breivik's death toll and went to the Connecticut school on December 14 because it was the "easiest target" and had the "largest cluster of people."
    Anyone care to share that with all the gun fearing liberals that continue to think that banning weapons with a stupid sign is anything more than announcing where the fish in the barrel are located.

Report: Sandy Hook shooter tried to emulate Norway massacre - CNN.com
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

2. Remove Ads

So someone interviewed the shooter prior to the massacre and asked what specifically he planned to accomplish? Now that's investigative journalism!

Quote Originally Posted by Clodbert View Post
    So someone interviewed the shooter prior to the massacre and asked what specifically he planned to accomplish? Now that's investigative journalism!
    And the moon is made of Bleu cheese, too!
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

VIP Member
    Maybe you missed the first sentence in the article. It says investigators found evidence, it doesn't say anyone interviewed him prior to his actions...
    NRA Life Member

OT, but I read today that the Norway gunman is only serving a 21 year sentence for murdering 77 people. What? I thought the US had lenient sentences but really? Less than 6 months per victim?Article was in the NY Post.
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mulle46 View Post
    OT, but I read today that the Norway gunman is only serving a 21 year sentence for murdering 77 people. What? I thought the US had lenient sentences but really? Article was in the NY Post.
    Hmmm... Just about 100 days in jail for every fatality. I guess they felt 150 days would have been excessive.
    NRA Life Member

So these "unnamed sources" spoke to him and heard him say he was going to commit an enormous massacre at an elementary school? And since the event happened, we can assume they didn't report him to authorities and did nothing to stop it?

Forgive me but I'm skeptical. This guy has been painted as a loner by the media. Now there's "sources" coming out of the woodwork saying they knew of his intents? I don't think I buy it.

The Norway gunman, unless he dies in prison, will be mid 50s when released. Plenty young enough to do it again. Smh.
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by mulle46 View Post
    OT, but I read today that the Norway gunman is only serving a 21 year sentence for murdering 77 people. What? I thought the US had lenient sentences but really? Less than 6 months per victim?Article was in the NY Post.
    It's true that Anders Breivik was sentenced to 21 years in prison, which is the maximum sentence available under Norwegian law. However, what is not often reported is that he may be held indefinitely after the 21 years if he is still considered a threat to society. I doubt that he will walk free again.

Prosecutors had asked for an insanity ruling, which Breivik rejected as an attempt to deflate his radical anti-Muslim views. He smiled with apparent satisfaction when the five-judge panel declared him sane and sentenced him to a 21-year prison sentence that can be extended for as long as he's considered dangerous to society. Legal experts say that likely means he will be locked up for life.

Norway gunman declared sane, sent away to prison ? USATODAY.com
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

VIP Member
    So these "unnamed sources" spoke to him and heard him say he was going to commit an enormous massacre at an elementary school? And since the event happened, we can assume they didn't report him to authorities and did nothing to stop it?

Forgive me but I'm skeptical. This guy has been painted as a loner by the media. Now there's "sources" coming out of the woodwork saying they knew of his intents? I don't think I buy it.
    Dude... Where are you getting that some unnamed source spoke with him???

They are saying that unnamed law enforcement officials have told certain news organizations about some of the evidence they have compiled.
    NRA Life Member

"The theory is based in part on several news articles about Breivik that investigators found in one of Lanza's two bedrooms at the Newtown home where he lived with his mother, Nancy Lanza, according to law enforcement sources familiar with the investigation."

Adam Lanza's Interest In Deadly Norway Attack May Have Sparked Sandy Hook Massacre - Courant.com
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin

VIP Member
    I have a theory, as well. The attention heaped upon these unhinged cowards by the media serves as inspiration and motivation for the next ones. These guys kill as they do because they are twisted, cowardly, suicidal attention-cravers who want to inflict as much misery and suffering as possible on their way out. Quit giving them the attention they crave, and their imitators won't be nearly as inspired.
    DVido, msgt/ret and bklynboy like this.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

This has a very familiar ring for those of us who've read The Gift of Fear (by Gavin De Becker).

All mass shooters are in it for the notoriety, and a common theme among them is studying past mass shootings. The fame and 'glorification' shooters get is what fuels the copy cats -they covet the attention.

But don't dare suggest that anyone's FIRST amendment right be infringed. Only the second is fair game.
    "...people who carry a gun understand that they are arming themselves against a very unlikely event... People who arm themselves are not confused about the odds. They are concerned about the stakes. -Kathy Jackson
    NRA Life Member

Links