Colorado Sherriffs what will the do now?

This is a discussion on Colorado Sherriffs what will the do now? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Seems I remember the Co Sheriffs Association saying they would not enforce unconstitutional gun laws. Wonder will they stick to their guns so to speak ...

Like Tree9Likes
  • 4 Post By Rock and Glock
  • 2 Post By F350
  • 3 Post By nathanjns

Thread: Colorado Sherriffs what will the do now?

Colorado Sherriffs what will the do now?

Seems I remember the Co Sheriffs Association saying they would not enforce unconstitutional gun laws. Wonder will they stick to their guns so to speak or knuckle under and do what they are told by the Co tyrunts????
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

2. Remove Ads

Crickets chirping. Im just wondering. All the stuff that they passed and Gov signed is unconstitutional. Wasnt Co Sheriffs Ass. one that took a stand not to allow enforcement of unconstitutional laws? I would assume that would also mean their own state government as well? Just wondering if they just talked the talk or are willing to walk the walk? NY LE by and large seem rather willing to arrest. Cant remember if their Sheriffs Associations made the same statement though.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Re: Colorado Sherriffs what will the do now?

Isn't it now a "wait and see" situation?

One problem I have with all of these Sheriff's statements is, "what will they consider an un-Constitutional law"?

Although I have a tremendous amount of respect for my Sheriff, and LE in general, I still keep in mind that Sheriffs are elected officials, and many will say whatever is politically expedient.

As they say the proof is in the pudding. There's talking and doing. We'll see.
    "The only thing I'm an expert about is my experience."

Crickets chirping. Im just wondering. All the stuff that they passed and Gov signed is unconstitutional.
    NOTHING has been passed yet in Colorado. Nothing has been signed.

The Bills passed the House. They await Senate action. If passed in the Senate, then to the Gov.
    Hopyard, Tzadik, Darrow75 and 1 others like this.

I can't speak for the other sheriffs, but mine is staunchly pro second amendment. Ran into him at a farmers market and he thanked me for open carrying and said he hoped I would come to the assistance of one of his officers if they were in trouble.
    wmhawth and Rock and Glock like this.

The vote in the House was pretty close with some democrats siding with the 2A. The demo/rep ratio is thinner in the Senate and it is possible the measure could fail to pass there. Colorado residents......keep the pressure on.......you can still win!

From my understanding, during the debate phase of this legislation in the House last week, many CO sheriffs spoke opposing these laws. I wish I could have been at the Capitol last week to support them and voice my opinion in person but alas...work had me away in an even less free state all week. I hate when I have to go to California and fear that if we don't put the screws to the Senate this week we will be just like them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post

The Bills passed the House. They await Senate action. If passed in the Senate, then to the Gov.
    Then to the courts!!
    No trees were harmed in the construction of this post. However a large number of electrons were indiscriminately aroused.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post

When is Senate action expected?
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Distinguished Member Array Exacto's Avatar
    Well, talk is cheap. Time will tell if they are men of honor.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunder bolt...... Sun Tzu.

The supreme art of war is to defeat the enemy without fighting........ Sun Tzu.

When is Senate action expected?
    I don't know. I'll try to find out.

Sorry Rock n Glock I was under the impression it passed signed by Gov and done deal. Maybe my letter to your reps threatening never to visit ride through hunt fish etc alone or with my organization again got there before its done then.

Not to worry, Ghost1958.

Links