Good: Response from Senator Jeff Flake from AZ.

This is a discussion on Good: Response from Senator Jeff Flake from AZ. within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; A response back from Senator Jeff Flake from AZ. Be safe! Dear Mr. XXX, Thank you for contacting me about gun control legislation. In the ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By RETSUPT99

Thread: Good: Response from Senator Jeff Flake from AZ.

A response back from Senator Jeff Flake from AZ.

Be safe!

Dear Mr. XXX,

Thank you for contacting me about gun control legislation.

In the wake of the tragic December 2012 school shooting in Newtown, Connecticut, there has been a surge in the introduction of congressional legislation attempting to address gun violence. A ban on assault weapons, restrictions on ammunition and magazines, and increased background check requirements have all been proposed.

As you may know, I am a strong supporter of the Second Amendment and I do not believe that our society needs more laws restricting gun ownership. What we really need is to do a better job of keeping guns out of the hands of those who should not have them, while ensuring that those who break existing laws are fully prosecuted.

To that end, I support more effective and broader background checks for those purchasing firearms. For example, the state of Arizona has more than 120,000 records of mentally ill individuals barred from buying guns but Arizona has not shared those records with the federal National Instant Criminal Background Check System, which checks the names and records of would-be gun buyers to determine if they are disqualified from receiving firearms. At the same time, it is incumbent upon lawmakers to ensure that those eligible to buy guns can do so without untimely delays. I therefore am opposed to universal background checks on private sales, which would be extremely costly and apply to private transfers between family members, friends, neighbors, and even firearms passed down through wills.

Thank you again for contacting me. Please do not hesitate to do so again in the future. I also encourage you to visit my website, which may be found at flake.senate.gov.

Sincerely,

JEFF FLAKE
    United States Senator
    NEVER point a gun at something you are not prepared to destroy!
    AND for GODS sake, get your finger off the trigger until you are ready to squeeze the trigger!

I got the same response.

Nice! Be sure to make a contribution to his next campaign.
    airslot likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Links