Bill Whittle Hits another home run

This is a discussion on Bill Whittle Hits another home run within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Bill's "Virtual President" vid on gun violence GUNS (Virtual State of the Union 2013) - YouTube...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 5 Post By Tzadik

Thread: Bill Whittle Hits another home run

Bill's "Virtual President" vid on gun violence GUNS (Virtual State of the Union 2013) - YouTube

Nicely stated.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

What should have been!!

Yeah... It's good... all his points are spot on... He's right.

But

Just imagine if it were Chuck Schumer saying exactly the opposite... Or better yet, Piers Morgan... Would you "hear" that? Would you call it some kind of stunt, proselytizing for the antis... Would you say it was some "wannabe president." spouting his mouth off?

You would. Most of us would...

I submit that this little act does us no good... In fact may do more harm than good...

You and I can see the irony in it... because it's our pundit on the virtual podium.

Sorry, I don't think it helps.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Bravo!

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    Just imagine if it were Chuck Schumer saying exactly the opposite... Or better yet, Piers Morgan... Would you "hear" that? Would you call it some kind of stunt, proselytizing for the antis...
    I'd hear it. I'd even listen to much of what they had to say. But, lacking any proof to the contrary I'd have a hard time believing that destruction of liberty and sidestepping of the Constitution would be more palatable if called something else, no matter what they called it.

Stunt? Proselytizing? No matter what side of an issue a person happens to be on, no matter the issue, demand that our hired staff work toward a lawful method of solution is what it is ... no matter what some would call it.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    I'd hear it. I'd even listen to much of what they had to say. But, lacking any proof to the contrary I'd have a hard time believing that destruction of liberty and sidestepping of the Constitution would be more palatable if called something else, no matter what they called it.

Stunt? Proselytizing? No matter what side of an issue a person happens to be on, no matter the issue, demand that our hired staff work toward a lawful method of solution is what it is ... no matter what some would call it.
    I said he's spot on... and he is... I'm just offering what the other side sees... His gazelle analogy is apt... and paints a good picture... not quite accurate... because rogue/crazy/sick criminal gazelles don't go around impaling groundhogs with their horns... but it does illustrate a point.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by Tzadik View Post
    Bill's "Virtual President" vid on gun violence GUNS (Virtual State of the Union 2013) - YouTube
    That was great.
    Always Fight Crime - Shoot back until it stops.
    NRA member and supporter.
    A Gun without Ammo is called a door stop.

Excellent!

Did you see Holders eyes? Blink Blink Blink

I would like all of them to explain to me how come we have a President that can't pass E-Verify? We know more about Al Capone & Bugsy Segal, then Obama.

USCIS - E-Verify

VIP Member
    He's got my vote! Well stated and compelling.
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

Quote Originally Posted by IBGoodToGo View Post
    Excellent!

Did you see Holders eyes? Blink Blink Blink

I would like all of them to explain to me how come we have a President that can't pass E-Verify? We know more about Al Capone & Bugsy Segal, then Obama.

USCIS - E-Verify
    Holder didn't listen to that speech... that was stock footage of the state of the union address... Bill Whittle superimposed himself, in front of a green screen, to make it look like he was addressing Congress...

Sheesh...
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

We say that the left, the anti's, the liberals and the gun grabbers all fail to think, to reason...
    Yet, we see something clever that supports our side... and we get all gushy over how great it is...

So, let's pretend we've got one or two intelligent, reasoning liberal gun grabbers out there... And they see this... (oh they will, whether they are smart enough to think remains to be seen, but they will see it)....

And the intelligent, reasoning liberal makes one statement... in the form of a question or two, of course, and a concluding statement.

"When was the last time you saw a gazelle use it's hooves and horns to decimate and murder a group of the young gazelles in the herd.... HMMMMMM?"

"How can you believe anything this man says?"

"He lost me at Gazelles... Gazelles are simply free peaceful animals.... If he wants to make animal analogies and similes, He ought to tell the truth... Assault weapons are like the teeth and talons of the Leopard. And all they are used for is to kill innocent gazelles..."

Our side claims to have all these critical thinkers... and then we fall all over ourselves to praise gobbledygook. Now, much, very much, of what Whittle says is true... But it gets lost because the truth is overshadowed by a poor simile.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Senior Member Array RightyLefty's Avatar
    That was refreshing to hear. That is one of the best defenses of the 2A I have ever heard.

Links