New "politically correct" term for “gun control” is…

This is a discussion on New "politically correct" term for “gun control” is… within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; New "politically correct" term for “gun control” is…”common-sense solutions to gun violence”. Of course, it still includes bans, background checks, reports of sales, and “countering ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: New "politically correct" term for “gun control” is…

New "politically correct" term for “gun control” is…”common-sense solutions to gun violence”. Of course, it still includes bans, background checks, reports of sales, and “countering gun industry lobbyists’ efforts to weaken gun laws”.

Group is fighting for gun control ? but dropping use of the term

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    That bugs me. Every time I hear one of those guys say "common sense" it bugs me a lot. They think that just because they use the words 'common sense', what they're proposing is the only thing that makes sense.
    pittypat21, msgt/ret and darbo like this.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

I refer to gun control as "shredding the Bill of Rights"
    darbo, msgt/ret and Spirit51 like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmacque View Post
    That bugs me. Every time I hear one of those guys say "common sense" it bugs me a lot. They think that just because they use the words 'common sense', what they're proposing is the only thing that makes sense.
    It makes it sound so logical and benign. How can anyone argue against 'common sense'? It just shows you how unrealistic the gun nuts are; not just going along with something as fair and just as 'common sense' solutions to this awful problem created by all these guns on our streets. For the safety of our citizens we must reduce the number of guns on our streets. The government will protect you.

I'm Adolf Hitler, and I approved this message.
    garyacman likes this.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Quote Originally Posted by RicT View Post
    New "politically correct" term for “gun control” is…”common-sense solutions to gun violence”. Of course, it still includes bans, background checks, reports of sales, and “countering gun industry lobbyists’ efforts to weaken gun laws”.

Group is fighting for gun control ? but dropping use of the term
    Just like when they changed "increase Tax's" to "invest in our children's future".
    Always Fight Crime - Shoot back until it stops.
    NRA member and supporter.
    A Gun without Ammo is called a door stop.

Lately when someone mentions "common sense solutions to gun violence" my mind brings up images of Colorado's own Joe Salazar.
    Colorado lawmaker Joe Salazar issues apology over rape remark - The Denver Post
    Rock and Glock likes this.

Let's also do common sense free speech, and common sense search and seizures. After all, the government is only making things better for the people, they know what is best for us... we don't Need to Say Anything we want because that could be hate, and if we haven't done anything wrong there is nothing to worry about being searched.

jcm
    "Common sense" = sheep-speak. A term totally misunderstood by the inhumane, far right as they cling to their guns and religion.
    pittypat21 and msgt/ret like this.

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    The majority of the anti gun folks that are in the forefront of the anti gun debates are 1st class hypocrites. Starting with the president, Bloomberg, Cuomo, Feinstein and the majority of our anti gun elected officials, they all have armed body guards 24/7.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

VIP Member
    "Common sense" has been one of the most-used loaded catchphrases of the gun-grabbers for as long as I can remember.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Distinguished Member Array zamboni's Avatar
    legislation that incorporates ANY common-sense is an " oxymoron / faux pax "

Yeah....I just had a discussion with a childhood friend. Come to find out, she's one of the sheeple. She wants govt in control of everything...because no one "needs"...blah blah blah

"Friend": I think CONTROL was a good idea six months ago and I think CONTROL is a good idea now so we will have to agree to disagree. Why not universal background checks? WHy not control the types of guns people can own? What does an individual need a high powered weapon for? Rhetorical questions, no need to reply. That is my 2 cents and I am done. I am not a debater so I will leave it at that.

SIGguy229: Got it. Hard to argue with emotion...but I hope you recognize that this country is not about the government controlling the people. If you do, that's part of the problem. Government is NOT the solution to all problems. Criminals should be held accountable, but the coward killed himself, so the next best emotional outburst is at an inanimate object--because that makes sense... So, I'll ask this....why not lockup all the people who have the same traits/on the same meds/same diagnosis as the Newtown shooter, and put them in asylums? Keep them away from society until they learn how to interact with people, versus the basket case, murdering criminal he turned out to be. It wasn't the guns that committed the crimes....it was the individual who probably should not have been allowed on the street unsupervised.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

The only thing that stops liberals with common sense, is conservatives with more common sense...

The only way to win those on the fence is to demonstrate that liberal common sense, isn't. And PROVIDE AN ALTERNATIVE, that is MORE SENSIBLE.

For example... La Pierre's example of putting armed guards in schools... sounds like common sense... it would cost BILLIONS of dollars... where is the common sense approach to provide the funds? And a ~$25 tax per firearm owned is what it would take to do so (just as an example, I AM NOT SUGGESTING IT). So where do we get the armed guards?

Their notion of taking away all the guns won't work either it would cost GAZILLIONS to go get them all.
    Same with UBCs... but they don't KNOW that... you have to explain it to them and provide a viable alternative.

Without providing real COMMON SENSE ALTERNATIVES, we bring nothing to the table... And we must bring something that can work to the table... or they will go ahead with their schemes... And we will settle for what they give us (or, more accurately; what less they are willing to take FROM us).

So, start coming up with ideas... and send them out there...

Don't just tell your rep you don't want him to vote for more gun laws, tell him how to fix what's broke about what we have... and tell him/her how to do it without spending any more (or very little) money...
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

I have never seen "common-sense" in any gun control proposals. Every proposal is based only on "emotions". Negative emotions.
    This is the result of the "feminizing" of our Nation that began in the late 1950's early 1960's and has escalated every year since.
    msgt/ret and pittypat21 like this.
    LEARN something today so you can TEACH something tomorrow.
    Dominus Vobiscum <))>(
    Where is the wisdom that we have lost in knowledge?" T.S. Elliot

This one is even worse. They are "protecting" 2,200 guns. It is the perfect propaganda. Gun Ban Would Protect More Than 2,200 Firearms - ABC News

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links