Wondering what the NRA been up to?

This is a discussion on Wondering what the NRA been up to? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I guess we'll find out on February 25th according to this article: NRA to Begin Running Ads Against Democrats Seeking 2014 Reelection Let's see how ...

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar

I guess we'll find out on February 25th according to this article:

NRA to Begin Running Ads Against Democrats Seeking 2014 Reelection

Let's see how affective they are with L.I.V.s

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

I watched that ad. I like it. Will it make any difference? Only time will tell.

Local paper ran a piece about the NRA because they will be running ads in Maine. I'm waiting to see what channels they end up on and what they are using for a message.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokinFool View Post
    I watched that ad. I like it. Will it make any difference? Only time will tell.

In order to make a difference it would have to appeal to people who are either on the fence about gun rights or those who believe in gun control. I don't think the ad does that. In does a great job appealing to folks like us, but that is only preaching to the choir. Showing pictures of people shooting those evil assault guns will only serve to frighten anti-gunners and cement their position that we don't need those type of guns and they should be outlawed.

Did you notice it's mostly women shooting the guns. I don't think it looks scary or evil. By having the fairer sex shooting the firearms it softens it. The NRA is our loudest voice, and they are using their voice to say the things that need to be said.
    "What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms."
    Thomas Jefferson

It sure doesn't hurt to remind everyone who is running this country. They work for us and this is all too often forgotten by voters and politicians alike.
    Never get out of the boat....

Links