New Yorkers - You can protect your privacy

This is a discussion on New Yorkers - You can protect your privacy within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; http://www.troopers.ny.gov/Firearms/...ption_Form.pdf...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By SpringerXD

Thread: New Yorkers - You can protect your privacy

Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar

New Yorkers - You can protect your privacy

gasmitty likes this.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

2. Remove Ads

There's got be a catch.

Theres always a catch.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokinFool View Post
    There's got be a catch.
    Yes, there is a catch. The reasons are very specific, except for item 4. But to answer item 4 honestly
    you really would need a reason beyond mere concern that you believe you are going to be subject
    to harassment upon disclosure.

I think most people could not sign that without potentially exposing themselves to a false statement charge.

Item 5 is sort of just hanging there and you can't tell if it applies to 1, 2, 3, or 4, OR all of those.
    If it applies to item 4, then they are really saying that you need to articulate with supportive information
    why you think you will be subject to harassment.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Yes, there is a catch. The reasons are very specific, except for item 4. But to answer item 4 honestly
    you really would need a reason beyond mere concern that you believe you are going to be subject
    to harassment upon disclosure.

I think most people could not sign that without potentially exposing themselves to a false statement charge.

Item 5 is sort of just hanging there and you can't tell if it applies to 1, 2, 3, or 4, OR all of those.
    If it applies to item 4, then they are really saying that you need to articulate with supportive information
    why you think you will be subject to harassment.
    I've had a bad cold the past couple days. I think I really need to quit taking this cold medicine. I glanced through the application earlier and didn't see any problems on its face, but I figured there had to be a catch. Now, looking at it with a clearer head, the catch is glaringly obvious. I see that an applicant has to justify his/her request for keeping the information private. They shouldn't need to justify the request with a specific need. It should be private information - period. At best, this may serve as a stop-gap until a law is passed making it private for all NY State gun owners.

Links