If They Come for Your Guns, Do You Have a Responsibility to Fight? - Page 7

If They Come for Your Guns, Do You Have a Responsibility to Fight?

This is a discussion on If They Come for Your Guns, Do You Have a Responsibility to Fight? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by steffen If it is the will of the people to take firearms away from citizens, then the constituion will be amended to ...

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
Like Tree256Likes

Thread: If They Come for Your Guns, Do You Have a Responsibility to Fight?

Quote Originally Posted by steffen View Post
    If it is the will of the people to take firearms away from citizens, then the constituion will be amended to reflect that will.
    That's certainly possible--that's the point at which the government is the enemy, and certainly not a Constitution to be defended. The Constitution does not grant me any right whatsoever...it acknowledges that I have that right, and that the government shall not infringe that right. It's not a vote regarding whether the right exists or not, nor whether the right is granted by the Government or not. It's only a matter of whether or not the government chooses to acknowledge the right. In many cases already, it has chosen not to acknowledge the right--Illinois would be my best example.

The notion that the Constitution determines what is right or wrong, or what rights I have--is silly. That the constitution can be amended to violate those rights is without question a possibility. The 2nd Amendment was an explicit statement of intended restrictions on the government to help ensure such violations don't occur.

All romance aside, I do intend to be on the winning side--but I certainly won't choose sides based on who I think is winning.
    If I had to live my life again, I'd make the same mistakes, only sooner. T Bankhead
    National Mill Dog Rescue www.milldogrescue.org

I love my steel and polymer, but not enough to die to keep it. On the other hand, if the constitution was amended and I was lawfully ordered to kill you to take yours, I would do it.

That is the same sort of thinking that got a few million innocent people killed in WWII, would you also put us on trains, bulldoze bodies, because that is what you are told to do, to keep your job title?
    As for the constitution and the Bill of Rights, its been a while since I read them, but as I understand it, the first ten amendments were not to be changed.

Second, reading that fine document, I got the impression that it was not only your right as a citizen to over through an unjust government, (like one that would nullify the second amendment) it was your duty, and that my order following friend is just what the second amendment was put in place for, also why it was not to be tampered with. SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!

Some words have meaning.

I had to rewrite this a few times so as not to get points for terms that may offend others, just so you know.
    1911 when a follow up shot just isn't an option

VIP Member
    I love my steel and polymer, but not enough to die to keep it. On the other hand, if the constitution was amended and I was lawfully ordered to kill you to take yours, I would do it.
    The question posed in the original post was not whether you would be willing to kill me to take my guns, but if you would be willing to die to take them.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Please tell me this is supposed to be a joke!

If the first amendment was repealed Would you kill those who speak out against the government if they told you to? What if the legislative branch passed a law saying that if your family ever uttered any negative word about the current administration that you were required to turn them in to the local authorities, and that they would be taken to a special little camp to teach them to love the government?

If you can't stand up for your right to defend yourself against a tyrannical government you will soon find yourself with no rights at all
    Say 'what' again! I dare you! I double dare you!-Jules Winnfield aka Samuel L Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by AngryBadger417 View Post
    Please tell me this is supposed to be a joke!

If the first amendment was repealed Would you kill those who speak out against the government if they told you to? What if the legislative branch passed a law saying that if your family ever uttered any negative word about the current administration that you were required to turn them in to the local authorities, and that they would be taken to a special little camp to teach them to love the government?

If you can't stand up for your right to defend yourself against a tyrannical government you will soon find yourself with no rights at all
    Unfortunately, I can see it getting to the point where the current administration deems anyone speaking up against the current admin as a domestic terrorist. The only difference is there wouldn't be any camps, they would just be snuffed out by drones. It is sad to say, but you can conceive of how it could get to that point.
    mg27 likes this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Re: If They Come for Your Guns, Do You Have a Responsibility to Fight?

Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    Unfortunately, I can see it getting to the point where the current administration deems anyone speaking up against the current admin as a domestic terrorist. The only difference is there wouldn't be any camps, they would just be snuffed out by drones. It is sad to say, but you can conceive of how it could get to that point.
    Many on the right came to the brink of calling anyone who disparaged the previous administration traitors... And, it was the previous administration that enacted the "patriot act"

The executive branch has been usurping power, under both parties for too long.
    Hoganbeg likes this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

We may fight but unless you have neighbors and friends who got your back..... we'll be taken down one by one!
    Build your own! http://www.ktordnance.com/kto/

Jetico.......BC Wipe

Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    Oh indeed, That is the real whole point of the NDAA and the drones. Eventually it will be turned on us, You see it already. They stigmatize people who love America the way it was founded, who believe in working hard, owning guns ect.. They call us hillbillys and extremists.. Biden keeps saying this is a new country & we have changed he says.. NO he has changed in his own mind...
    1MoreGoodGuy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by abillb View Post
    We may fight but unless you have neighbors and friends who got your back..... we'll be taken down one by one!

I believe it was Ben Franklin that said “If we don’t all hang together, surely we will all hang alone.
    Taurahe and docdozer like this.
    1911 when a follow up shot just isn't an option

if they come for my guns im giving everyone of my family members a gun and extra mags/bullets and theyre gona havto get them from all of us theyre not taking squat from me or my family.. tho good thing is i have two guns registered to my name. the others are used guns that i bought off friends and co workers. i dont know if i will want another gun registered to my name.. in oregon where i live when u buy a used gun theirs no registering it in your name it stays in the original person who bought it new. i always just get a bill of sale receipt to keep!

It's not my guns that I would fight for but rather my "rights" and I would resist you with everything at my disposal.
    LEARN something today so you can TEACH something tomorrow.
    Dominus Vobiscum <))>(
    Where is the wisdom that we have lost in knowledge?" T.S. Elliot

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dV8r View Post
    It's not my guns that I would fight for but rather my "rights" and I would resist you with everything at my disposal.
    ^^^^Well said.

I'm not fighting to keep my guns, I'm fighting so that everyone will continue to be able to freely exercise their Rights...ALL OF THEM!
    dV8r, NONAME762, Spirit51 and 1 others like this.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjns View Post
    The fact that some of us feel the need for caution when expressing ourselves, the apparent fear of reprisal for exercising our right to free speech, the fear of an overwhelming force being brought to bear that could undo our lives; speaks volumes as to the state of our current existence.
    Absotively Sir. Every time I peek at my *Notifications* do-hickey I hope and pray I don't get kicked to the Group W Bench again. I wish I could express myself as eloquently as you do nathanjns. QKShooter also has a Golden Tongue. If I could make my points across as he can I'd still be a Maintenance Guy. Heck I'd probably would have gotten a couple of super decent pay raises by now.

My golden tongue that never was+my golden hair that's gone gray...I am what I am that's all I can say. At least I got my wit which some day may save the day.
    QKShooter likes this.
    I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.
    America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.
    Give me Liberty or give me BACON!!!
    You know that look women give you when they want some sugar? Me neither

Isn't that what the Germans being tried for war crimes said after WW2? "I was only following orders."

If you can live with that....that is on you.
    QKShooter likes this.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

IMO......violence isn't always the answer.... but when it is.... it's the only answer.
    Spirit51 likes this.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Sponsored Links