Defensive Carry banner

Information from a pro-gun lobbyist, and US Senator.

617 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Cokeman 
#1 ·
At a recent local pro-gun meeting they had some pro-gun politicians and a pro-gun lobbyist there as well. The pro-gun lobbyist (not NRA) gave some advice as what we pro-gun folks could do to help our cause, in fact it was his number one and most important suggestion, that we must continue to pursue.

I hope you guessed it. But it was to keep those phone calls, letters and emails pouring in to your legislators and keep them coming. Be absolutely sure that they hear from you loud and clear.

I'll continue to add the same, along with joining a pro-gun group and encourage your family, friends, and neighbors to help out with the phone calls or emails as well. Don't let any legislators anti-gun stance deter you from contacting them, you may never convince them otherwise, but you'll be letting them know there is a serious fight and unrest out there. Also any of your DC members who are active on other gun forums, please start a thread there emphasizing the need to continue contacting legislators.

On a similar note, I have a friend that had a meeting with U.S. Senator Dave Vitter of Louisiana. From what he said, he is solidly in our fight with us, though the opposition has more seats in the Senate. He mentioned that it might be a few of the opposition who might vote with the pro-gun senators? Of course, we already know this.

He was clearly not for AR bans, magazine bans, confiscation, etc. He did say that he might consider voting favorably on a background check if it's specific purpose was focused on criminals and/or mental. He immediately added that he would have to consider any proposed legislation like that very carefully as he would be wary, and on guard, of any sneaky language or tricks in it that could have far-reaching results other than what was intended.

Our other Senator, Mary Landrieu, is possibly in the other camp. Her weak spot is that she is up for re-election in two years, and we just had (Nov 2012) a statewide vote to strengthen Louisiana's state constitution. I understand the change we voted on may have made it the strongest pro-gun constitution in any state? It passed favorably by about 73% of the votes cast. Landrieu has to seriously note that as well.

With Sen. Vitter I feel quite sure we have a strong pro-gun champion in the Senate. We'll never know for sure what happens, until it happens.

Please keep those emails, letter and phone calls going. The generally anti-gun news media is not letting up, so we want to keep it up as well. Keep going...........I AIN"T QUITTIN'.

See less See more
#5 ·
Just last night we had dinner at a restaurant right outside of a large military base. I'm sure this sign was placed there especially for the benefit of local troops.

However it made me think of our "fight" right now for our 2A position, and it is appropriate for us as well.

BTW this would be a good trivia question for any DC member here that was once stationed at a LA military base. Do you know the base and restaurant? My clues are scant but I think possible. Guesses?

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.