The $2.00 Program

The $2.00 Program

This is a discussion on The $2.00 Program within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Protect the 2nd Amendment. Go to your bank and order $2.00 bills. (Most banks have them) Use the $2.00 bill whenever you pay by cash. ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By msgt/ret
  • 2 Post By SmokinFool

Thread: The $2.00 Program

Question The $2.00 Program

Protect the 2nd Amendment.

Go to your bank and order $2.00 bills. (Most banks have them)

Use the $2.00 bill whenever you pay by cash.

When asked why, say "To show support on protecting the 2nd Amendment".

The $2.00 Program

Well said. Just updated my NRA membership. Looks like that's next!

will do.
    weekend pre-apocolypse nomadic warrior, leather duster and all.

VIP Member

Got a new rubber stamp

I now over stamp all currency I use.

2A_Support2.jpg
    PAPADALE1 and rigel42 like this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post

2A_Support2.jpg
    The only drawback to that is that if anyone attempts to use the bill in a vending machine or self-serve checkout, the red ink will cause the bill to be rejected. I see it every day........and listen to the complaints about it.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

I stocked up on $2 bills when I was getting ready for the Starbucks day. I got many more than I needed so I could give them out as payment for other things. I have been asked several times about it since $2 bills are not very common these days. It gives me the perfect opportunity to talk about the importance of the 2A and how to protect it.
    Boyntonstu and msgt/ret like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post

2A_Support2.jpg
    Got an interesting reaction today. On the way back from the gun show I stopped for a drink and snack and paid with one of my bills. The cashier read it then gave an ugly scowl and quickly jammed it into the drawer as if she was trying to dispose of something dirty. I did neglect to tell her all bills in my wallet were over-printed the same way.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

I used to freak people out at stores by using the dollar coins. The confused look on their faces was priceless.

I like the $2.00 bill idea. We usually get them whenever the bank has any, but it's not too often anymore.

Isn't it illegal to deface a bill? I've read yes, and yes, but...
    "The time is now near at hand which must determine whether Americans are to be freemen or slaves."
    ------------------------------------— George Washington 1776
    Gun free zones
    are safe havens-
    FOR CRIMINALS

I haven't seen a to dollar bill in ages. Great idea however.

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    Defacement of currency is a violation of Title 18, Section 333 of the United States Code. Under this provision, currency defacement is generally defined as follows: Whoever mutilates, cuts, disfigures, perforates, unites or cements together, or does any other thing to any bank bill, draft, note, or other evidence of debt issued by any national banking association, Federal Reserve Bank, or Federal Reserve System, with intent to render such item(s) unfit to be reissued, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than six months, or both.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Ever notice how rarely you see $2 bills? That's because retailers (and banks) get rid of them as fast as they can, usually by returning them to the bank or Reserve to get them out of circulation.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by chuckusaret View Post
    Defacement of currency is a violation of Title 18, Section 333 of the United States Code. Under this provision, currency defacement is generally defined as follows: Whoever mutilates, cuts, disfigures, perforates, unites or cements together, or does any other thing to any bank bill, draft, note, or other evidence of debt issued by any national banking association, Federal Reserve Bank, or Federal Reserve System, with intent to render such item(s) unfit to be reissued, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than six months, or both.
    There in bold is the "Out".
    Regards,
    Jim
    NRA Life Member
    Charter Member (#00002) of the DC .41 LC Society - "Get Heeled! No, really!"
    He that cannot reason is a fool. He that will not is a bigot. He that dare not is a slave. - Andrew Carnegie

Sponsored Links