"If" there was a 2nd amendment revolution -there might be help from non-gun owners

"If" there was a 2nd amendment revolution -there might be help from non-gun owners

This is a discussion on "If" there was a 2nd amendment revolution -there might be help from non-gun owners within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; From the Editorial page of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel February 21, 2013 IMG.jpg...

Results 1 to 15 of 15
Like Tree12Likes
  • 4 Post By Crowman
  • 3 Post By peckman28
  • 1 Post By ppkheat
  • 3 Post By RightsEroding
  • 1 Post By Cokeman

Thread: "If" there was a 2nd amendment revolution -there might be help from non-gun owners

  1. #1
    VIP Member Array Crowman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    West Allis WI
    Posts
    2,761

    "If" there was a 2nd amendment revolution -there might be help from non-gun owners

    From the Editorial page of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel February 21, 2013

    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

    Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."


  2. #2
    VIP Member Array SmokinFool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,297
    That letter says it all. I predict there will be a big backlash, maybe even a cultural revolution, within the next decade.

  3. #3
    VIP Member Array peckman28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    2,108
    Let's just hope we have some follow through on this. I would hate to see the same pattern that happened after Clinton repeating itself. If you go voting for some fool who calls him/herself a "compassionate conservative", or if you buy into the idiotic nonsense about going for the "electable" candidate (worked well with Romney...) then all this talk is for nothing. Too many get angry when the opposing party is in power and fail to pay attention when their side gets back in. Thus we had then-record deficits under Bush, along with many other policies the left was screaming about, and now we have someone who is mostly the same but with a (D) next to their name and the left loves him. BTW, all 4 of those mentioned were or are AWB supporters. This is foolish. You want a real cultural revolution? You'd better be paying attention at primary time, and stop nominating these tools. Once they're elected, even if they're in your party, you'd better keep the pressure on. Otherwise it's the equivalent of just being mad your favorite football team didn't make it this season.

  4. #4
    VIP Member
    Array ppkheat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    4,211
    Unless some serious positive changes are made in the next two years, I'm sensing a "revolution" at the polls for the mid-term elections. Sadly, I could be wrong.


    Complacency and ignorance are serious diseases for the voters in any country.
    SIGguy229 likes this.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

  5. #5
    Distinguished Member Array RightsEroding's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,508
    ...rid themselves of complacency...
    As long as <they> have their Obama phones, it won't happen. (i.e) social programs breed total complacency and mind numbing apathy.
    mg27, jhogan2424 and PAPADALE1 like this.
    "When those who are governed do too little, those who govern can, and will, do too much." Ronald Reagan

    Do what you can; then do what you must

  6. #6
    VIP Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Southeast
    Posts
    2,026
    Quote Originally Posted by peckman28 View Post
    Let's just hope we have some follow through on this. I would hate to see the same pattern that happened after Clinton repeating itself. If you go voting for some fool who calls him/herself a "compassionate conservative", or if you buy into the idiotic nonsense about going for the "electable" candidate (worked well with Romney...) then all this talk is for nothing. Too many get angry when the opposing party is in power and fail to pay attention when their side gets back in. Thus we had then-record deficits under Bush, along with many other policies the left was screaming about, and now we have someone who is mostly the same but with a (D) next to their name and the left loves him. BTW, all 4 of those mentioned were or are AWB supporters. This is foolish. You want a real cultural revolution? You'd better be paying attention at primary time, and stop nominating these tools. Once they're elected, even if they're in your party, you'd better keep the pressure on. Otherwise it's the equivalent of just being mad your favorite football team didn't make it this season.
    I've said this many times. If you keep voting for the lesser of two evils, then sooner or later, neither of the evils will be any lesser.

    The Republican Party is its own worst enemy and has been for years. "Let's see now, the economy is in shambles and a lot of people are bitter and feel disenfranchised, so who can we nominate for president? Aha! That's it! A multimillionaire!" Before that, it was John "What I Believe Changes Every Day" McClain.

    I voted Libertarian once, but honestly, some of their ideas are even a little too "fringe" for me. If a real conservative would come forward, I believe he could win in a landslide in 2016.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

    -miklcolt45

  7. #7
    VIP Member
    Array oneshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    +42.893612,-082.710236 , Mi.
    Posts
    8,700
    Quote Originally Posted by RightsEroding View Post
    As long as <they> have their Obama phones, it won't happen. (i.e) social programs breed total complacency and mind numbing apathy.

    ^^^This^^^^^^^^^^^


    There are too many riding on the coat tails, and do not wish to cut the ride short.

    Too many of us, who know/knew the system is/was failing, and look to others to fix it, or worse yet hoped some within the government would try to fix it.
    This has been the status quo for 40 years, and it has built into a crescendo, and now I fear the fat lady has already left the building.
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

    M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

  8. #8
    Senior Member Array Cokeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    1,013
    Quote Originally Posted by SpringerXD View Post
    I've said this many times. If you keep voting for the lesser of two evils, then sooner or later, neither of the evils will be any lesser.

    The Republican Party is its own worst enemy and has been for years. "Let's see now, the economy is in shambles and a lot of people are bitter and feel disenfranchised, so who can we nominate for president? Aha! That's it! A multimillionaire!" Before that, it was John "What I Believe Changes Every Day" McClain.

    I voted Libertarian once, but honestly, some of their ideas are even a little too "fringe" for me. If a real conservative would come forward, I believe he could win in a landslide in 2016.
    So we should instead vote for the greater of two evils?
    Pistology likes this.
    Glock 23 - CZ 452 ZKM Special - Walther P22
    LMT STD 16 - Mossberg 500A - Kahr P380
    Henry H001Y - Winchester 12
    Smith & Wesson M&P Shield - Mossberg 500B
    Marlin 336Y - Kahr MK9

  9. #9
    Moderator
    Array Rock and Glock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Colorado at 11,650'
    Posts
    13,072
    Nudge nudge............Ah..........there's the comment about the 2A...............


    The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

  10. #10
    VIP Member Array Crowman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    West Allis WI
    Posts
    2,761
    Quote Originally Posted by Cokeman View Post
    So we should instead vote for the greater of two evils?
    Evil is evil......... The vote should go to neither...........

    My opinion is America needs to never vote for an incumbent(no matter how good they are) for about 10 years to cleanse out the riff raff..........
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

    Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

  11. #11
    Senior Member Array Cokeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    1,013
    I'd take anyone over Obama.
    Glock 23 - CZ 452 ZKM Special - Walther P22
    LMT STD 16 - Mossberg 500A - Kahr P380
    Henry H001Y - Winchester 12
    Smith & Wesson M&P Shield - Mossberg 500B
    Marlin 336Y - Kahr MK9

  12. #12
    Distinguished Member Array BurgerBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Western Kentucky
    Posts
    1,987
    Michelle?
    Vietnam Veteran - 1966-1970 USASA
    Carry Pistol. Gen 3 Glock 23, .40 Cal.
    Carry Pistol. Gen 3 Glock 19, 9mm.
    Bersa Thunder 9 UC Pro, 9mm. Gave To Daughter To Carry.
    Self Defense Stories
    Give me a minute before I post again.

  13. #13
    Senior Member Array Cokeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    1,013
    If she was running.
    Glock 23 - CZ 452 ZKM Special - Walther P22
    LMT STD 16 - Mossberg 500A - Kahr P380
    Henry H001Y - Winchester 12
    Smith & Wesson M&P Shield - Mossberg 500B
    Marlin 336Y - Kahr MK9

  14. #14
    Member Array BuckNekkid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Mississippi Coast
    Posts
    91
    Quote Originally Posted by BurgerBoy View Post
    Michelle?
    The truth might be spoken in jest...........The Dem nominee in 2016 just may be Michelle...........She will have 8 years' more White House experience than her husband did when he was first elected!
    "In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend.....those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig."
    -Clint Eastwood "The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly"

  15. #15
    Senior Member Array Cokeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    1,013
    That might be a good thing, but it will be Hilary anyway. Living in the Whitehouse isn't political experience though. Not that it would stop the stupid people from voting for her.
    Glock 23 - CZ 452 ZKM Special - Walther P22
    LMT STD 16 - Mossberg 500A - Kahr P380
    Henry H001Y - Winchester 12
    Smith & Wesson M&P Shield - Mossberg 500B
    Marlin 336Y - Kahr MK9

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

2nd amendment revolution

,
gun owners revolution
,

second amendment revolution

,
will there be a second amendment revolution?
Click on a term to search for related topics.