Firearms Companies Restricting Sales to Government Agencies

This is a discussion on Firearms Companies Restricting Sales to Government Agencies within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I hope I have this in the right place. I didn't see it in any other thread. The source is the web site at the ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 4 Post By Spirit51
  • 1 Post By sixgun

Thread: Firearms Companies Restricting Sales to Government Agencies

I hope I have this in the right place. I didn't see it in any other thread. The source is the web site at the bottom via Drudge. I admire a company who takes such a stand.

Restrict Gun Rights
    February 22, 2013
    By Gregory Gwyn-Williams, Jr.

A growing number of firearm and firearm-related companies have stated they will no longer sell items to states, counties, cities and municipalities that restrict their citizens' rights to own them.

According to The Police Loophole, 34 companies have joined in publicly stating that governments who seek to restrict 2nd Amendment rights will themselves be restricted from purchasing the items they seek to limit or ban.

Extreme Firepower Inc., located in Inwood, WV has had a longstanding policy that states:

"The Federal Government and several states have enacted gun control laws that restrict the public from owning and possessing certain types of firearms...If a product that we manufacture is not legal for a private citizen to own in a jurisdiction, we will not sell that product to a law-enforcement agency in that jurisdiction."

York Arms, located in Buxton, ME released a statement following new legislation in New York:

"Based on the recent legislation in New York, we are prohibited from selling rifles and receivers to residents of New York. We have chosen to extend that prohibition to all governmental agencies associated with or located within New York."

Quality Arms, located in Rigby, ID writes on their website, "elected officials have their own agenda to circumnavigate the truth and destroy the constitution of the United States."

The site states: "Quality Arms Idaho will not supply and firearm or product, manufactured by us, or any other company nor will we warranty, repair, alter, or modify and firearm owned by any State, County or Municipality who infringes on the right of its citizens to bear arms under the 2nd Amendment."

Bravo Company USA states:

"The people at Bravo Company USA and BCM support responsible private individuals having access to the same tools of civilian Law Enforcement to affect the same ends...As such Bravo Company's policy is that law enforcement officials and departments will be restricted to the same type of products available to responsible private individuals of that same city or state."

http:cnsnews.com
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

I just read this article and was about to post it in the News forum. Bully for these companies. "What's good for the goose is good for the gander" comes to mind!
    The chief end of man is to glorify God and to enjoy him forever (Westminster Shorter Catechism, 1647).

I was just about to post this story. Here's a link to the list The Police Loophole

Zac

YESSSSSSSS!!!!! someone is on our side for once. Hats off to these companys.
    Spirit51 likes this.

Now we need the big three to follow.
    "The time is now near at hand which must determine whether Americans are to be freemen or slaves."
    ------------------------------------ George Washington 1776
    Gun free zones
    are safe havens-
    FOR CRIMINALS

I hadn't heard BCM was in the mix until just now. I guess that is even more of a reason to go to them for my M16A2 style build.

Much about nothing. They are not losing any money. They first have to have a contract with one of the few states enacting stupid laws.
    There are what, 4 or 5?

But I'll bet they will all turn or make exemptions for that big Federal money.

Hate to say it, but it's just a PR stunt to make them look good.

So where are all the products these companies make for Sam and Suzy citizen? I find it hard to believe that of all the companies making rifles, and as much time that has now passed, that there is still a demand for rifles to the shooting public minority that justifies the prices of those on the market now.

Buds for instance, doesn't have any ARs at the store. But somehow have plenty for auction.
    To be plain, I think the gun companies are screwing us over by continuing to play on this hype.
    Either that or the gun stores are doing it too.

There is something else going on, the continued absence of just about every gun, including revolvers just doesn't pass the smell test.
    Don't believe me? Look at Buds web site and check out new revolvers. Hardly nothing available.
    But they have almost anything you want on the walls of the store at inflated prices.
    Why?
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Links